God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Just wrapped up The Crater/Plains/Jungle/Sinkhole and I'm pretty sure the rest of the story stuff will be pretty easy in comparison :dead:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Egypt

I think thats likely. I heard an interview where they said they initially were torn between setting these last two game in Norway or Egypt. obviously choose Norway. Crazy part is I'm not all that familiar with that pantheon outside of some names like Bast and Rha. I'd be curious to see how their powers and appearances are interpreted

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
someone found thors tooth in photomode lol

nzycjc5b864a1.jpg

Anhur

All Star
Daps
My final rating for the game
First 2 hours 100/10
Rest of game until ragnarok 9/10
Ragnarok 6/10
Overall 6/10

The reason I’m giving this such a low rating was that it was filled with cac bs.

Sif

She is the quintessential white girl that gets away with everything because she is a white woman. She was literally married and supported the genociders in her family like Thor and Odin but she gets away scot-free like those cac women that voted for the Republicans.

Atreus

He was annoying as hell during this game. I wished that Kratos took off his belt and whooped his dumbass. I was watching cac parenting and it was frustrating. I would never show my parents that disrespect.:what:

Thor

They tried to redeem Thor, Odin’s enforcer, :heh:. This man genocided the giants and was destroying millions throughout the realms and I’m supposed to feel bad because he is a cac has a cac daughter and cac wife :snoop:. I was so pissed that Kratos didn’t end him but at least Odin did.

Ragnarok

It was a huge disappointment. Fenrir who’s supposed to be strong enough to end Odin (in the mythology) was just an escape plan. Jorm was fighting offscreen and got sent back in time. Sif got away with everything because she’s a cac women. I wanted to 1 v 1 Odin but instead we had to team up. We never saw what was in that space/time tear. Tyr never joined (was locked up in nifilheim). Sindri was still pissed and Brok will never have an after life despite giants knowing soul magic. No Athena or Zeus cameo. No Mjolnir. At least he got Freya.

Mjolnir

The coolest and most legendary weapon in mythology and comics was not added to the game,:beli: The last cutscene of the 2018 game was Mjolnir. Mimir hyped it up and advertised it throughout the entire 2018 game. Mjolnir was in the collector and Jotnar editions. Thor was whooping Kratos with it. We got to see him wield it alongside Atreus during his stay in Asgard like it was an advertisement. Kratos attempted to wield it in multiple cut scenes. Lunda the blacksmith tells us she got something for us in Alfheim only for Thrud to fly away with it. It was like a smack in the face. Then I see the director on YouTube saying that the fans wanted it so he decided to subvert their expectations. :hhh:. I hate when devs try to be edgy and the dikkriders on the internet defend them. @The Mad Titan is right. This game is overhyped.

The reason it has such a low score is that endings are important to me and we didn't get mjolnir.

BTW, I'm not an Xbox fan and never owned an xbox before.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
First 2 hours 100/10
Ragnarok 6/10
Overall 6/10

The reason I’m giving this such a low rating was that it was filled with cac bs.

Sif

She is the quintessential white girl that gets away with everything because she is a white woman. She was literally married and supported the genociders in her family like Thor and Odin but she gets away scot-free like those cac women that voted for the Republicans.

Atreus

He was annoying as hell during this game. I wished that Kratos took off his belt and whooped his dumbass. I was watching cac parenting and it was frustrating. I would never show my parents that disrespect.:what:

Thor

They tried to redeem Thor, Odin’s enforcer, :heh:. This man genocided the giants and was destroying millions throughout the realms and I’m supposed to feel bad because he is a cac has a cac daughter and cac wife :snoop:. I was so pissed that Kratos didn’t end him but at least Odin did.

Ragnarok

It was a huge disappointment. Fenrir who’s supposed to be strong enough to end Odin (in the mythology) was just an escape plan. Jorm was fighting offscreen and got sent back in time. Sif got away with everything because she’s a cac women. I wanted to 1 v 1 Odin but instead we had to team up. We never saw what was in that space/time tear. Tyr never joined (was locked up in nifilheim). Sindri was still pissed and Brok will never have an after life despite giants knowing soul magic. No Athena or Zeus cameo. No Mjolnir. At least he got Freya.

Mjolnir

The coolest and most legendary weapon in mythology and comics was not added to the game,:beli: The last cutscene of the 2018 game was Mjolnir. Mimir hyped it up and advertised it throughout the entire 2018 game. Mjolnir was in the collector and Jotnar editions. Thor was whooping Kratos with it. We got to see him wield it alongside Atreus during his stay in Asgard like it was an advertisement. Kratos attempted to wield it in multiple cut scenes. Lunda the blacksmith tells us she got something for us in Alfheim only for Thrud to fly away with it. It was like a smack in the face. Then I see the director on YouTube saying that the fans wanted it so he decided to subvert their expectations. :hhh:. I hate when devs try to be edgy and the dikkriders on the internet defend them. @The Mad Titan is right. This game is overhyped.

The reason it has such a low score is that endings are important to me and we didn't get mjolnir.

Well this is a trash take. By your own scoring metric, it makes little sense and too heavily weighted. But hey, opinions and a$$hole...some are shyttier than others.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First 2 hours 100/10
Ragnarok 6/10
Overall 6/10

Sif

Atreus

Thor

Ragnarok

Mjolnir

:dead: at most of the negatives being "cac shyt", but then being mad it wasn't true enough to to the cacest of shyt, and being mad more of them weren't in the game.

You ain't have to try that hard, breh. A simple "I wasn't fukking with this" would've sufficed. :mjlol:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
I think thats likely. I heard an interview where they said they initially were torn between setting these last two game in Norway or Egypt. obviously choose Norway. Crazy part is I'm not all that familiar with that pantheon outside of some names like Bast and Rha. I'd be curious to see how their powers and appearances are interpreted

Egypts myths arent really as fleshed out as Greece or Norway but there are some heavy hitters:

Anhur - Lion headed God of War
Sekhmet - Lion headed Gddess of War, Bloodlust and Violence
Set - God of Storms, The Desert and Chaos
Sobek - Crocodile god of soldiers and the river
Horus - God of the sky and has the sun and moon for eyes, champion of the gods
Osiris - Former king of the Gods, now God of the dead, resurrection powers
Anubis - Another God of the dead, but Osiris is more like Hades while Anubis is like Thanatos
Isis - Queen goddess of magic kinda like Freya
Serquet - Scorpion tailed goddess of poison and death

Those are probably the gods that best lend themselves to this story cause Gods like Amun, Ra, Ptah etc have such an abstract power set that it would be hard to kinda write them into the story.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
First 2 hours 100/10
Ragnarok 6/10
Overall 6/10

Sif

Atreus

Thor

Ragnarok

Mjolnir

They gonna hate but you hit on some of the very same points that are issues for me. I was kinda waiting for a discussion thread so I could openly post and go into detail about what I really liked, what I wished for and what I didn't like.

I spent like a hour talking with a coworker today who is about 60 percent through the game. He Start with gow 2018 and since its super casual I was curious to get his opinion on the game with my input. He basically felt the same as I did in a nut shell and he hasn't even finished the game.
He thought the 2018 was a 10/10 and this one so far was a 8ish out of 10. He also felt like the game dragged on and that the action and baddies wasn't as good or felt kinda lackluster compared to 2018 but he was holding off judgement until finishing.

I told him that me and him feel the same mostly but that his opinion could change by the time the game ends.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'll just type up a list of my likes\dislikes and thoughts on the game In spoilers...

Someone needs to create a gow rag discussion thread tho.

Improved combat
Multiple characters to play
Improved graphics
Attention to quality of detail
The world building in certain areas
north vanaheim
-Heimdall
-Thor
Atreus combat, man talk about buttery smooth. it felt great to play as him. Sadly it also felt kinda "flat" once I realized that he basically wasn't a completely fleshed out full character. Same for freya.

-Dislikes

- Characters seems to go in and out of characters with some of their voice lines and actions.. it was off putting. Especially with kratos...
-The handling of Thor and one of the weapons that Kratos main weapon is based off.
- The amount of non gameplay fight time between Kratos and Thor. For someone so fearsome and someone that basically beats you at the start they really don't get anything close to the cinematic battles of kratos and baldur
- Thor basically getting one shot by odin
- Never getting to use mjolnir or see kratos use it against thor in a real knock out drag out fight.
-Basically Thor went from the main highlight of the game to a complete jobber.

-Freya, for the queen of Valkyries man she is quite the let down in battle.
-Freya and Kratos making up and even giving off love interest vibes in such a short time span. This guy murdered your son, the child you was ready to die for and was so protective of him she gave him immunity... yet in a short journey together after she not only puts it aside but grows close to kratos.
-Atreus\loki character that ultimately is only similarly to loki because of shapeshift and being half giant...
-Freya\Atreus basically being the same character gameplay wise
-Ironwood, man what a draagggg in the end it felt pointless, the important stuff that happen was all of maybe 20 mins total but the area itself as a whole was a couple hours. Felt like anime filler with important stuff tossed in to keep you interested.
-Heimdall getting plot armor to making him beatable. The dude can predict intentions and basically has the mangekyou sharingan and Future site plus knows your intentions but can't tell kratos is going to throw a spear at him that explodes LOL.
-Big plot points of the game taking place after you beat the game...
-Kratos not not being a god killer or violent all the while being a god killer and violent... but for a "good reason" this time.
- The whole game being about breaking fate when the norns straight up tell you there isn't anything such as fate people are just predictable... yet the giants whole thing is fate.

I'ma just cut it short because I'm tried of typing but the whole ending scene was a let down, felt very rushed. Odin being a mage with very meh abilities and battle mechanics... like why was everyone listening to this dude? Let me see him swing the hammer, throw hands or something to actual show his power... His "mage" powers were pretty meh and they never really show off his strength.
Also freya whole purpose after agreeing to side with Kratos was to KILL odin, she gets the chance and passes the honor on to... atreus? Who promptly shang tsung's him into a marble only to hand him over to freya and have Nightcrawler sindri teleport in, yank it and smash it and teleport out.

SMH

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Improved combat
Multiple characters to play
Improved graphics
Attention to quality of detail
The world building in certain areas
north vanaheim
-Heimdall
-Thor
Atreus combat, man talk about buttery smooth. it felt great to play as him. Sadly it also felt kinda "flat" once I realized that he basically wasn't a completely fleshed out full character. Same for freya.

-Dislikes

- Characters seems to go in and out of characters with some of their voice lines and actions.. it was off putting. Especially with kratos...
-The handling of Thor and one of the weapons that Kratos main weapon is based off.
- The amount of non gameplay fight time between Kratos and Thor. For someone so fearsome and someone that basically beats you at the start they really don't get anything close to the cinematic battles of kratos and baldur
- Thor basically getting one shot by odin
- Never getting to use mjolnir or see kratos use it against thor in a real knock out drag out fight.
-Basically Thor went from the main highlight of the game to a complete jobber.

-Freya, for the queen of Valkyries man she is quite the let down in battle.
-Freya and Kratos making up and even giving off love interest vibes in such a short time span. This guy murdered your son, the child you was ready to die for and was so protective of him she gave him immunity... yet in a short journey together after she not only puts it aside but grows close to kratos.
-Atreus\loki character that ultimately is only similarly to loki because of shapeshift and being half giant...
-Freya\Atreus basically being the same character gameplay wise
-Ironwood, man what a draagggg in the end it felt pointless, the important stuff that happen was all of maybe 20 mins total but the area itself as a whole was a couple hours. Felt like anime filler with important stuff tossed in to keep you interested.
-Heimdall getting plot armor to making him beatable. The dude can predict intentions and basically has the mangekyou sharingan and Future site plus knows your intentions but can't tell kratos is going to throw a spear at him that explodes LOL.
-Big plot points of the game taking place after you beat the game...
-Kratos not not being a god killer or violent all the while being a god killer and violent... but for a "good reason" this time.
- The whole game being about breaking fate when the norns straight up tell you there isn't anything such as fate people are just predictable... yet the giants whole thing is fate.

I'ma just cut it short because I'm tried of typing but the whole ending scene was a let down, felt very rushed. Odin being a mage with very meh abilities and battle mechanics... like why was everyone listening to this dude? Let me see him swing the hammer, throw hands or something to actual show his power... His "mage" powers were pretty meh and they never really show off his strength.
Also freya whole purpose after agreeing to side with Kratos was to KILL odin, she gets the chance and passes the honor on to... atreus? Who promptly shang tsung's him into a marble only to hand him over to freya and have Nightcrawler sindri teleport in, yank it and smash it and teleport out.

SMH

family-guy-fart.gif