God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Exactly, everything in this game is smoother than 2018 from the combat to the realm travel to the upgrade system and that's just QoL shyt. Story in this hits much harder in more places, and the only beat from 2018 that comes close is getting the blades back.

While still a crazy successful reboot to the franchise it feels surface level compared to Ragnarok
I think the surprise factor of Baldur being what he was to that game, I can see how some may feel that his points felt a little harder than the obvious Thor comparison. But that also was because of the unknown factor of Baldur compared to the expectations level of Thor. Plus Baldur was the main bad guy here, whereas Thor wasn't. Other than that, yeah, I fully agre that it's practically not even debateable otherwise.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
The bulk of them have agendas is how for the most part (Bots, race swap shyt, TGTBT Contraians). Then there's a few folks that are just contextually inept and/or whiners. You can usually see what's what the moment they try to explain their "disdain".

There's very little to complain about the game really. And even among those are nitpicks more than anything.

Contextually inept :mjlol:

I think the surprise factor of Baldur being what he was to that game, I can see how some may feel that his points felt a little harder than the obvious Thor comparison. But that also was because of the unknown factor of Baldur compared to the expectations level of Thor. Plus Baldur was the main bad guy here, whereas Thor wasn't. Other than that, yeah, I fully agre that it's practically not even debateable otherwise.

Yep I should have mentioned the first Baldur encounter was another wow moment 2018 had.

That game's misstep story wise is that Thor and Odin weren't introduced to a level that you could be even more affected by the time Ragnarok rolled around.
Nobody really gave a fukk about Magni and Modi, they were Hermes status. Baldur was one note too, his impact was only meaningful thru Freya.

I gotta appreciate that they were able to tie most of the story up in the 2nd game. Not every franchise needs a trilogy. The door is open if they want to reinvent Kratos somewhere down the line anyway.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
They added a completely unnecessary spin to it in this game that really turns it into a grind. And not a semi-fun grind like the endless dungeon in GOW2018.
The 100 enemy part is much better in this one since the enemies don't come out at a snails pace with only 3-4 enemies at a time.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
The 100 enemy part is much better in this one since the enemies don't come out at a snails pace with only 3-4 enemies at a time.

I was moreso referring to the thing where you gotta redo them in different permutations to unlock the final set of challenges.

Completely unnecessary padding, and annoying with how you need to track everything yourself.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I was moreso referring to the thing where you gotta redo them in different permutations to unlock the final set of challenges.

Completely unnecessary padding, and annoying with how you need to track everything yourself.
Oh I know. That's why I dapped your post cuz I agree for that very sentiment.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
This game is much better than 2018 and I loved that shyt.

better combat, better bosses, story, character arcs...

like you have to have some type of agenda to not fukk with this, if you like games

I will say for a character action game, this game is looooooooonnnnngggggg. I think I clocked in at 25 hours and only did about one fo the longer sidequests

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This game is much better than 2018 and I loved that shyt.

better combat, better bosses, story, character arcs...

like you have to have some type of agenda to not fukk with this, if you like games

I will say for a character action game, this game is looooooooonnnnngggggg. I think I clocked in at 25 hours and only did about one fo the longer sidequests

One thing i love about sonys games is they are always the perfect length. Something just under or just over 30 hours for the main story is ideal and then you can typically get another 20-30 hours out of side content.

Much better than stuff like Red Dead/GTA, or Ubisoft stuff where the main quest alone is like 45-50 hours+

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
why wasnt heimdall smart enough to realize the draupnir spear can detonate? he got surprised by the 1st one, and then kept letting it happen...

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why wasnt heimdall smart enough to realize the draupnir spear can detonate? he got surprised by the 1st one, and then kept letting it happen...

At that point arrogance/rage is supposed to have taken ove, and he switches it up to using the shifts to beat you to the punch.