God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
They gonna hate but you hit on some of the very same points that are issues for me. I was kinda waiting for a discussion thread so I could openly post and go into detail about what I really liked, what I wished for and what I didn't like.

I spent like a hour talking with a coworker today who is about 60 percent through the game. He Start with gow 2018 and since its super casual I was curious to get his opinion on the game with my input. He basically felt the same as I did in a nut shell and he hasn't even finished the game.
He thought the 2018 was a 10/10 and this one so far was a 8ish out of 10. He also felt like the game dragged on and that the action and baddies wasn't as good or felt kinda lackluster compared to 2018 but he was holding off judgement until finishing.

I told him that me and him feel the same mostly but that his opinion could change by the time the game ends.
Breh, the combat in this game is significantly improved over the previous one.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The combat is Improved, but me and him was talking more about the action scenes and cinematics.
:gucci:I mean, I can’t fully speak for the story because I’m not done but right now, the story so far has been fantastic, the gameplay, combat, graphics, all a significant improvement. Game is sitting at a strong 9.5/10 for me right now. I don’t know that there is another game in existence that has this level of cinematic fights. They really brought back a lot of the OG feeling with some of these fights. I don’t know if you’ve played/beat the game but the nidhogg boss fight was visually jaw dropping. (Freakin spoiler tag isnt working for me but it’s just a new monster enemy anyway.)

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Great game. This was definitely better than the last one. It's a slow burn imo but the climax and end game were well worth the wait.

That Tyr shyt through me for a loop, wasnt expecting that.

That last fight with Thor is a top 5 boss battle in God of War history.

And I'm glad they didn't kill Kratos, too bad we won't see the next GOW until PS6:mjcry:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
:gucci:I mean, I can’t fully speak for the story because I’m not done but right now, the story so far has been fantastic, the gameplay, combat, graphics, all a significant improvement. Game is sitting at a strong 9.5/10 for me right now. I don’t know that there is another game in existence that has this level of cinematic fights. They really brought back a lot of the OG feeling with some of these fights. I don’t know if you’ve played/beat the game but the nidhogg boss fight was visually jaw dropping. (Freakin spoiler tag isnt working for me but it’s just a new monster enemy anyway.)

Basically all the main story bosses were>>>>2018

The payoffs for this game were amazing

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
1. I aint big on the Norse shyt so Forbidden West is still my game of the year(after the godly greatest of all time Stray of course)

2. not my favorite series so of course id pause for Tactics Ogre Remake and Halo Infinfinite Customs Browser(number 2 SRPG of all time and #1 favorite FPS series of all time,

3. thought 2018 was a great soft reboot but again, not my favorite franchise

4. this game is great. very polished, job well done. had zero bugs. did exactly as expected. wasn't blown away but had a good timel.but wasn't an xbox game tho so lemme trash it real quick. 1/10

5. if I had Down syndrome, id be shocked about all the norse mythology on a game based on norse mythology.

Last edited:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Is Thor voice actor same actor that was the rattler in last of us 2 ?

I’m googling now pretty sure