God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
I love the trend of SIE games making platinums more easy to obtain. Trophies shouldn’t be about making them as hard to get and tedious as possible, trophies should be about pushing you to experience everything in the game as much as possible.

I got platinums for Rift Apart, Horizon, and Ragnarok, the last 3 AAA single player titles
Sony first party games are the only games that I have actually platinums

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Finished that one last night (haven't been able to really play the last couple of days).

shyt was so dope. Angrboda was well done. And that shyt with her Granny had me like :wtf: :mjcry: and :wow: at the same damn time.

Definitely gonna take my time with this game. shyt is so dope.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Am I the only one playing through this not really understanding wtf is going on?

:skip:

I appreciate the lore and the dialogue throughout the traveling and exploring but I'm def going to have to watch a video breakdown cause my main concern is just wrecking shyt and leveling up.

:yeshrug:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
damn, that was a great reveal too. sorry you guys got spoiled.

Well, yeah, but:

I figured something was up. Ain't no way that Tyr is THAT bytch made. Also, looking back (forward in my case, I guess), the longer Tyr hangs around in the house, at least to me, his speech pattern is actually pretty close to Odin's, and everything he does just instigates things to lead to the fight between Atreus and Kratos that leads to him leaving, and eventually heading to Asgard.

That, and knowing what I know about Norse mythology, Odin stays with a fully loaded clip of schemes, plus one in the chamber.

On another note

The Norns section is low key hilarious. Straight up clowning on the previous games of the series, and criticism of the previous game. I'd need to look to find it, but I swear "He still kills gods, but he's sad about it now?" is a direct line someone wrote or said back in 2018. I wanna say it was someone from Kotaku, maybe?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Am I the only one playing through this not really understanding wtf is going on?

:skip:

I appreciate the lore and the dialogue throughout the traveling and exploring but I'm def going to have to watch a video breakdown cause my main concern is just wrecking shyt and leveling up.

:yeshrug:

It's kind've a you thing, but the game definitely has a habit of introducing characters, and then both keeping them off screen for long periods of time, and then depending on the player to either read lore entries, or have some knowledge of Norse Mythology. They did it in the first game too, if we're being honest.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's kind've a you thing, but the game definitely has a habit of introducing characters, and then both keeping them off screen for long periods of time, and then depending on the player to either read lore entries, or have some knowledge of Norse Mythology. They did it in the first game too, if we're being honest.
It's not a knock on the game by any means. I'm just being honest... I don't know shyt about Norse Mythology really. Just some vague understandings. It's cool that they have an in depth story and also have a robust combat and gameplay, because both gamers can be pleased with this game.

I have limited time to play as is, so I prioritize advancing throughout the game, doing hella side quests. I plan on looking through the lore when I get to it, but in the windows of time that I have to game now, that's what I'm trying to do. I'm sure I'll be hitting the :ohhh: when I put everything together

:russ:

:wow: