God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not a knock on the game by any means. I'm just being honest... I don't know shyt about Norse Mythology really. Just some vague understandings. It's cool that they have an in depth story and also have a robust combat and gameplay, because both gamers can be pleased with this game.

I have limited time to play as is, so I prioritize advancing throughout the game, doing hella side quests. I plan on looking through the lore when I get to it, but in the windows of time that I have to game now, that's what I'm trying to do. I'm sure I'll be hitting the :ohhh: when I put everything together

:russ:

:wow:

Breh, I feel you on the limited play time. I don't think I've missed being able to be an irresponsible bum more than right now. :mjlol:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This game is cool but I am not feeling the Artreus sections at all. Why do SONY games always do this shyt. Shoe in some secondary playable character with half the mechanics. This is legit a 50/50 split wtf
ironically I just started the first atreus solo mission…it’s ok so far…his movement/combat doesn’t feel as stiff as kratos’
I got done the second one. After that one I wonder if you might feel the same way I do.
the one with the girl?

wandering about has been a little annoying…I’m having flashbacks of making my way around certain levels on ‘fallen order’ but the combat is still fun tho

*edit*

ok can’t lie just bailed after she talking about plant some seeds…story has me so intrigued but overall the gameplay has been underwhelming so far

I haven’t played the game again since I got bored in the middle of this mission smh…I’ll pick it up again at some point tho lol

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Eric Williams has been doing a round of interviews, he said not to expect a DLC or expansion, the team is exhausted and the other parts of Santa Monica are working on Corys game and some other stuff.

As big and successful (probably sonys most iconic franchise at this point) they should put it on ice for the rest of the generation. I think all Sonys studios should move onto new IP after doing sequels, people get burned out easily. It makes sense for them to have sequels for their most popular games from last gen but they shouldn’t run the risk of playin them out.

Santa Monica studios for as talented as they are having only one franchise in 20 years is kind of crazy. They need another IP.

They should do a modern remake of the first 3 games.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven’t played the game again since I got bored in the middle of this mission smh…I’ll pick it up again at some point tho lol

It's definitely worth going back to ASAP. Once they're done with that section, shyt pops off again.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's definitely worth going back to ASAP. Once they're done with that section, shyt pops off again.

oh no doubt about that…I made that mistake with the previous one…got bored with one part and didn’t pick it up for two whole years…but enjoyed the shyt out of it once I did lol

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They should do a modern remake of the first 3 games.

The old fans would spazz if they did anything more but do a graphical update and i can’t imagine them wanting to keep a lot of that cringe shyt in the old trilogy in it in 2023 after releasing this reboot with a much better and more mature story

5583a943ee61c3c443dd1bc55f30c73a.11.jpg

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
The old fans would spazz if they did anything more but do a graphical update and i can’t imagine them wanting to keep a lot of that cringe shyt in the old trilogy in it in 2023 after releasing this reboot with a much better and more mature story

The nudity could work if it's done correctly. Game of Thrones has conditioned audiences to accept it to a degree. But they could make minor changes if they had to cut it out. Either way The original games with modern graphics and detail would be dope.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Santa Monica studios has never had to ever make another playable character outside of Kratos.

Atreus is the first non-kratos character you ever get to play as in their games

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah, sometimes we just gotta let shyt from back in the day stay back there, and be what it was. Remaking the original series is walking into an unnecessary minefield.

Updating it in any way other than the visuals is gonna have people on their head for changing the combat, or making Kratos "weak", or being "too PC" because there likely wouldn't be as many pixel titties.

Leaving as is would highlight how shallow the combat is compared to the current series (which makes sense, seeing as it's combat from almost two decades ago at this point), or walk them right into a million think pieces about the writing and content of the game.

Better to either eventually push forward with new stuff from wherever this game leaves off, or let the series go dormant for a long while, and THEN bring it back once there's some distance from these new games.

.......but who am I kidding. At minimum, PS5 remasters are probably on deck for the 20th anniversary in 2025. :snoop:

oh no doubt about that…I made that mistake with the previous one…got bored with one part and didn’t pick it up for two whole years…but enjoyed the shyt out of it once I did lol

Bruh, I think they may have legit designed the immediate aftermath of the Ironwood trip for people like you. :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i enjoyed Ironwood but agree it goes on too long. It feels tonally at odds with the rest of the game which is why I think….

a loki/atreus spinoff would be a bad move. Ironwood proves that he can’t really carry a game without his connection to Kratos. He’s the robin/nightwing of god of war.

But yeah, game goes into overdrive after that section.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i enjoyed Ironwood but agree it goes on too long. It feels tonally at odds with the rest of the game which is why I think….

a loki/atreus spinoff would be a bad move. Ironwood proves that he can’t really carry a game without his connection to Kratos. He’s the robin/nightwing of god of war.

But yeah, game goes into overdrive after that section.

I just read the first line, but I think a Loki game could work. It would just need to be clearly defined as its own game in the same family, as opposed to a direct sequel. Going off of mythology, Loki gets into enough fukkery that the plot of him trying to play all sides against each other would be enough to carry it. But making it a third person action-RPG with light Souls style combat like this series would be a mistake. If they wanted to get real experimental with it, they could make it a Hitman/later game Splinter Cell style game.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I just read the first line, but I think a Loki game could work. It would just need to be clearly defined as its own game in the same family, as opposed to a direct sequel. Going off of mythology, Loki gets into enough fukkery that the plot of him trying to play all sides against each other would be enough to carry it. But making it a third person action-RPG with light Souls style combat like this series would be a mistake. If they wanted to get real experimental with it, they could make it a Hitman/later game Splinter Cell style game.

I def think it would need to be a totally new genre and not carry the “GOW” title.

I also don’t think he harbors the spirit of the loki character. he’s too pure of heart, I felt like Odin was more of a trickster than Atreus. If he had more of the spirit as MCU loki it could be interesting but Atreus is too nice of a person