God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I def think it would need to be a totally new genre and not carry the “GOW” title.

I also don’t think he harbors the spirit of the loki character. he’s too pure of heart, I felt like Odin was more of a trickster than Atreus. If he had more of the spirit as MCU loki it could be interesting but Atreus is too nice of a person
Easy Call it God of Mischief.
:jbhmm:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I liked Ironwood, Angrboda was a dope character that served a good purpose. My biggest issue was
her story is basically thrown to the bushes after Ironwood. She makes a couple of cameos but you go from feeling sad about her story to "yada yada I'm ok now" when she shows up for the final chapter.

I felt similar with Thor's story. There was something compelling there about him, his family and Odin and then it all gets resolved in the final chapter very quickly

I agree that an Loki game has to be completely different. His gameplay doesn't lend itself for the action packed brutality you do as Kratos. And he's not a demonic assassin like Ellie were you can play as the secondary character and feel like a ninja murking people

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
sony is the standard for triple a games

everytime some big ticket shyt drops from them its real hard to be disappointed

i only get to play a game or two a year the way things are going and last couple of years its been straight sony exclusives

their publications have that real cinematic feel that makes them feel expensive when compared to other games that might got the same amount of money but not the same vision

if loki isn't getting to use mjollnir or something similar its no reason to have a game centered around him, ironwood showed that

in general im not seeing how this franchise continues, the endgame seems like a pretty good conclusion to the story of kratos and atreus

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So much to do in Vanaheim second time you go :whew:

Killed all the dragons, flooded the area and beat the Berserker on first try :banderas:

Director said he was inspired to make the area after his trip to Africa. :mjpls:

Said it was prototyping for how future games could be. That entire area definitely feels like it would have been a DLC/expansion if it were another studio

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm fighting a boss against Heimdall. Which is another interesting character thou. It seems easy to beat him

Edited:
:snoop: at Kratos getting soft on that kid, Heimdall....I thought it was over.:skip:

Edited: I won the battle against Heimdall. shyt is too easy to beat on the first try. On Give Me No Mercy difficulty

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Am I the only one playing through this not really understanding wtf is going on?

:skip:

I appreciate the lore and the dialogue throughout the traveling and exploring but I'm def going to have to watch a video breakdown cause my main concern is just wrecking shyt and leveling up.

:yeshrug:
Need you a God of War lore book for dummies eh? Thought you played most of all the older g games and the 2018 one.

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
I haven’t played the game again since I got bored in the middle of this mission smh…I’ll pick it up again at some point tho lol

I definitely felt that section was a little too long, but I think it was to level up Atreus' abilities in the end.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I definitely felt that section was a little too long, but I think it was to level up Atreus' abilities in the end.

it started off cool cuz I like his combat (it feels more fluid)…but then the little shorty was talking about let’s plant some shyt after having me chase her around the forest so I just got annoyed and cut the game off

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
it started off cool cuz I like his combat (it feels more fluid)…but then the little shorty was talking about let’s plant some shyt after having me chase her around the forest so I just got annoyed and cut the game off

Sometimes you gotta do some bullshyt for drawers :francis: