God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Finished the main story a couple of hours ago :whew:

Overall, great game. They did a masterful job using the previous game to land a lot of very emotional moments.

"You are ready" had me :wow: :mjcry:

Kratos breaking after seeing the shrine Faye painted of him being worshiped :to:

All the moments between Atreus and Kratos

Brok :mjcry:

Sindri going full demonic :sadcam:

Gameplay wise though, I thought it was waaay too similar to the 2018 GOW. Kinda disappointed it didn't move forward at all. I guess they went "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

It's kind of a the opposite of what happened with Horizon Forbidden West, were the narrative went to shyt and gameplay took a step forward (even though it was fun already). Now, at least GOW Ragnarok still kept a fun gameplay instead of going to shyt, but I was still expecting more on that front.

Really curious on how they go about this franchise to be honest. Is Cory Balrog's original idea of taking Kratos to different pantheons still the plan?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Finished the main story a couple of hours ago :whew:

Overall, great game. They did a masterful job using the previous game to land a lot of very emotional moments.

"You are ready" had me :wow: :mjcry:

Kratos breaking after seeing the shrine Faye painted of him being worshiped :to:

All the moments between Atreus and Kratos

Brok :mjcry:

Sindri going full demonic :sadcam:

Gameplay wise though, I thought it was waaay too similar to the 2018 GOW. Kinda disappointed it didn't move forward at all. I guess they went "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

It's kind of a the opposite of what happened with Horizon Forbidden West, were the narrative went to shyt and gameplay took a step forward (even though it was fun already). Now, at least GOW Ragnarok still kept a fun gameplay instead of going to shyt, but I was still expecting more on that front.

Really curious on how they go about this franchise to be honest. Is Cory Balrog's original idea of taking Kratos to different pantheons still the plan?

Eric Williams has been doing a round of interviews, he said not to expect a DLC or expansion, the team is exhausted and the other parts of Santa Monica are working on Corys game and some other stuff.

As big and successful (probably sonys most iconic franchise at this point) they should put it on ice for the rest of the generation. I think all Sonys studios should move onto new IP after doing sequels, people get burned out easily. It makes sense for them to have sequels for their most popular games from last gen but they shouldn’t run the risk of playin them out.

Santa Monica studios for as talented as they are having only one franchise in 20 years is kind of crazy. They need another IP.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Eric Williams has been doing a round of interviews, he said not to expect a DLC or expansion, the team is exhausted and the other parts of Santa Monica are working on Corys game and some other stuff.

As big and successful (probably sonys most iconic franchise at this point) they should put it on ice for the rest of the generation. I think all Sonys studios should move onto new IP after doing sequels, people get burned out easily. It makes sense for them to have sequels for their most popular games from last gen but they shouldn’t run the risk of playin them out.

Santa Monica studios for as talented as they are having only one franchise in 20 years is kind of crazy. They need another IP.
Kinda surprised by this, it certainly felt the game was telling me to be ready for a DLC.

I was only asking because I think I remember Balrog talking about wanting or being able to take Kratos to different pantheons after the smash hit that GOW 2018 was.

Calibrated

Superstar
Daps
nikkas had a problem chilling in ironwood huh :mjpls:
Let me guess area was a little too colorful :mjpls:

They don’t like “giants” :mjpls:

Also known as "the Jötunn" :mjpls:
Wasn't good enough Thor wiped out most I guess

Jotnar with a hard R :mjpls:

cEIhHur.png