God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
i haven’t played in a whole day, i come back home tomorrow

i’m fiending brehs :sadcam:
Had to switch the game off last night when I realized I played it morning till night. Most games I play for a minute and bush them.:bryan:

Played Ragnarok for god knows how long. Wanna do most of the favors and mini-bosses before I beat it. :dead:

Only games like Persona 5 & Witcher 3 got me hooked like this.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I have to boot Horizon back up but I don't remember it looking as good as this game.
It definitely looks great but GOWR pops like crazy on my C1.
I feel like GOAT graphics this gen so far in order are:
1. Ratchet and Clank
2. GOWR
3. Horizon FW
Horizons water and foliage overall shows how it looks technically better. It's pretty close for the most part tho.

KRayner

All Star
Daps
got a question for people who beat it

ok so i’m at the part where i’m in Muespelheim with Thor. Imma start playing again tomorrow night and all weekend, focused on story only. Will i be able to complete the story this weekend ?

TQbrit

Banned
Daps
Finally finished the main Story
What happened to the real Tyr? Whay was the meaning of the last shrine Kratos saw where he was being worshipped?
Also YALL, KRATOS FR KILLED ZEUS AND ODIN LMFAO

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Horizons water and foliage overall shows how it looks technically better. It's pretty close for the most part tho.
I have to boot Horizon back up but I don't remember it looking as good as this game.
1. Ratchet and Clank
2. GOWR
3. Horizon FW

The art direction saves god of war, as in terms of “sony first party tier graphics” but Horizon does several things better. The trees and grass and natural elements just look overall way better and theres more movement. Everything in the open world moves on its own.

The character animations and mocap is also superior, Ragnarok is a little inconsistent from one character to another. where as no-name NPC at the bar in Horizon looks like a mainline character.

TLOUP1 looks better also

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The art direction saves god of war, as in terms of “sony first party tier graphics” but Horizon does several things better. The trees and grass and natural elements just look overall way better and theres more movement. Everything in the open world moves on its own.

The character animations and mocap is also superior, Ragnarok is a little inconsistent from one character to another. where as no-name NPC at the bar in Horizon looks like a mainline character.

TLOUP1 looks better also

Also, tie in the fact that Horizon is true open world where this isn't, just p puts the graphical detail am the more into perspective why Forbidden West wins this.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Also, tie in the fact that Horizon is true open world where this isn't, just p puts the graphical detail am the more into perspective why Forbidden West wins this.

I think people might just be sleeping on the capabilities of the Decima engine. At the end of the day, it has its own issues but I’ve yet to see anything outside of naughty dog match what horizon and death stranding due in regards to motion capture and environmental textures.

And like you said the latter two games are big open world games, but this is a derail.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
1. Ratchet and Clank
2. GOWR
3. Horizon FW

HFW looks way better than GOWR. The only aspect GOWR looks better is with interiors.

GOWR still feels like a crossgen game in many ways, while HFW, despite being crossgen, the updated performance mode looks absolutely unbelievable.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, i actually think it was deliberate, Eric Williams (the director) said he wanted this game to be 1:1 like Cory Barlogs game and not try to “outshine” him but to be two parts of one game. Which is what it feels like, similar to TLOUP1 and TLOUP2 after the remake.

HFW honestly, if they never made a ps4 version could have told people it was built ground up for the PS5 and no one would have doubted it.