God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Aye man serious talk if u have a son play this with him. This shyt is poetic.
My guy close to the tv I’m behind him like :birdman:“u must first harness your skill boy”

Lol theres a few scenes where kratos scolds Atreus for talking out of term with him. Atreus will say some shyt and Kratos will be like…

IncompleteAcrobaticDeinonychus-size_restricted.gif

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The last GOW made you feel as if the game would be this repetitive, slash slash slash chop game that gets old but nope, combos and new moves start unlocking making the gameplay feel deep. I only know it's so much more to see after this 1 hour I played.

Does the dualsense get used heavier? It feels like there's hardly anything going on with it.

i'm glad i started on give me a challenge, because hacking and slashing and running around like a wild man is not getting it done. it's forcing me to learn how to parry, when to dodge vs. roll, and how to incorporate different skills into my attacks to avoid getting swarmed. it's also making me use the environment to get space when fighting large numbers, instead of trying to stand in one spot and spam area-effect attacks. these new frog-faced enemies in the dwarf realm do not stand still when they see you charging for a big attack. if you don't use atreus to set them up with a couple arrow hits, they'll slither under your swings and tag you from behind.

the game rewards you for moving around during fights by littering most battlefields with pillars or explosives you can use for crowd control.

i'm dying. a lot. but any time i get to a new area i die twice a few times (including my resurrection stone), then my skills get to a point where i can clear the same area without dying once.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i'm glad i started on give me a challenge, because hacking and slashing and running around like a wild man is not getting it done. it's forcing me to learn how to parry, when to dodge vs. roll, and how to incorporate different skills into my attacks to avoid getting swarmed. it's also making me use the environment to get space when fighting large numbers, instead of trying to stand in one spot and spam area-effect attacks. these new frog-faced enemies in the dwarf realm do not stand still when they see you charging for a big attack. if you don't use atreus to set them up with a couple arrow hits, they'll slither under your swings and tag you from behind.

the game rewards you for moving around during fights by littering most battlefields with pillars or explosives you can use for crowd control.

i'm dying. a lot. but any time i get to a new area i die twice a few times (including my resurrection stone), then my skills get to a point where i can clear the same area without dying once.

shyt, im getting my ass kicked the same way on ‘give me no mercy’ mode. Those 3 wight type enemies in the challenge area you spawn were given me hell for like a half hour or more

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Astrobot is the best when comes to support dualasense haptics so no other games can beat that or same level as Astrobot.

I'm disappointed in most games when come to dualasense haptics

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All the first party games have utilized it well imo, even Control Ultimate it felt good to push and pull stuff with your powers

GT7 you can feel the Gravel underneath the car and when you’re driving on the side of the road, with TLOU and Returnal you can feel when its raining. The sword combat felt really good in Ghost of Tsushima. In Deathloop they did a cool thing when you’re charging the nail gun you can feel the nails rattling around in the controller.

In Demon’s Souls you can feel the spell course through one side of the controller to the left. Developers are definitely utilizing its just not gonna be as extensive and extreme as Astrobot, as thats an entire game based solely around showcasing teh controller.

Someone should make a definitive dualsense list that list all the features and list what games uses them to what extent

In Demon's Souls Remake, you can feel flame on a sword in dual sense haptic is dope as fukk

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Yo Sindri is hilarious
Always kills me how him and Brok be conveniently popping up out of nowhere right after I finish the most daunting tasks.

Be reminding me of those fakeout scares in movies. Unknown shadow creeping up ahead? Oh wait, nah…..that’s just Sindri/Brok going to work. :whew::myman:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m really enjoying it but this game easily has the worst fukking camera out of all the Sony 3rd person exclusives. It’s fukking horrible.:hubie: Trying to fight with enemies coming from multiple directions is fukking cancer.:scust:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
maybe he’s waiting for the hype or the price (maybe both?) to die down…it took me maybe about 2 years to really get into the first one after playing it for like an hour or two when it initially dropped…it was hard for me to commit to story-intense games when I was working and I’d end up just buying games not to “miss out” knowing I wouldn’t have time to commit to it
Nah dude lowkey weird at times lol.

He's cool but he's one of those geek nikkas that he's cool to talk with about games and such but other than that his swag is horrible.

He came to work on Halloween and literally dressed up as Mickey Mouse from Kingdom Hearts.
Like he literally walked around in a mask, with glasses wearing a fukking Kingdom Hearts outfit in an office setting.

:dead:

Mysterious_Figure_KHIII.png