God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
FhLJYcNWIAAka8j

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Amazing game brehs. So glad this dat has come :wow:

Imma check back in once I beat it. Wish it launched with NG+ tbh.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
It's weird too because Astrobot was crazy and really sold me on it but these other games are light.

Returnal, Ratchet and GT7 had really good dualsense support too but yeah I agree, They could have done more with it in this game.

I feel like they intentionally kept it light for whatever reason cause even the bow string effect isnt as strong as TLOU or Horizon.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thankful last minute changeup has mostly cleared up my schedule. Picking up later tonight. :wow:

My client shuts down for Veteran's Day, so I might be able to fukk off and get some game in tomorrow in the middle of the day. :wow:

Got the lady low key hyped for the Wakanda Forever/Ragnarok weekend double feature. :wow:

I'm smackin Courtdog with this when I see him!!!

Nfd5OMIS3-AIXtG28GTVk89op9NhyEn_I1ISiD3x_49V0O8Fgxco8e_xm-IoaFgfqr_2X3eG9Eb-8NpAM6us6SkcEjU8FY0EQ-x4-wMnIVKJ3lYiDjNMru6nS8Ggq0RhBZd6Vm3MHWM4RgLzC0bqVKfr3Wh15HZt4lY0jfQ-9aRw1-xt79aVQeubHcdoYBmbHsgul5s6jJ4XA1SEthxTrWClm-tAnrJEMsKAJbDs3Z4fGx4BnCEsnigbwWY9K5re4HYJjNnKhMaXW21iOfx6BNwLLItXYTuZCJGOkFUg1h7EKDB9QxIXvvC1-IMhINM1InF940QiyGqLgs_5oKJUF_ikISTcC-L_wi4W8BvrCjh_7u2pc65XmFZ9k-pMsPPmE9_-u6K0H0i4XPxMgEsKc-nB9DjipDiIQdzzNakyrJHXmWaJGKsv1D92cii69DyuUbTCPI2v481jXFXrxzH9FylxbGxvflE0d151mC7APxb___rRhQXYNZLLCsr6-w_tamWCkZKmwVks8bvPEqXlxSEcAyVbNZM0ssljiSfDuP9KcSiCAp64u_Sb4CZFVaTg1QQ4o7BgJtA4Zy-IzXkyg0502v04v9G1A3jTrDD1klZpzk-szwXcJik0znnFuzAQrx351Kj63RhWYOjKzTfyvEAaYmXvUnwxOZAHX1x3bwLKBjk19NxCFWkMPlmwkBUmAY7kKeVEdindmswxaMeyCUMUeCigkvOWM4MR6YLCQjRUYiX5Erbj5NF-r2HmhkPcm6oWmG3L7EV9iSWmmwfZg2SuhpC6GDQwUR9ZA5uZfyPyCUft6LGgMX-zj0CRfIySS-3nR0IPpfGBNk1eLARHCjRGP3cVgH6n_L_J6s7KYF-ghykcdStoOL_1ecXd2dbu6ZaDUvVYgdQaP5EVPqT4Nu0Lw8q43MBRAQqeSEvH3N2EGbBGpeXblMIoo2nfjtRh-VQEJ6xBkOxNujwdNErqMQ=w1166-h1554-no

Aye breh, this shyt turning into a broken wall of text is both unfortunate, and incredibly on brand for Courtney. :pachaha:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It's weird too because Astrobot was crazy and really sold me on it but these other games are light.
Dualsense haptics are (and I'm willing to be will remain) underutilized and overrated.
Most games implement the same exact lazy technique. Slight resistant on R2 for trigger pulls and that's it.
I haven't found a single game other than astro bot that leveraged the tiny vibrations of the controller is capable of.
In Astrobot there's that part you get hit by tiny rocks and you can almost feel every little pebble on the controller.
Also, when astrobot is sliding on ice you can feel that.
Devs don't seem to be too interested in dialing in those settings for their games.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
That blur on the subtitles was pissing me off. Thank god they let you remove that. This joint has a lot of interesting options
I noticed that too. Didn't know you could turn that off. That's dope.
I disabled the hud and subtitles entirely.
If I need it, I have it mapped to swipe up on the touch pad but I seldom ever use it.
I like the game to feel like a movie.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I expected more out of the dualsense for this its been better in returnal, ghosts, gt7, even horizon. Very disappointing the axe doesn’t have any real kickback when you catch it.
If I recall correctly, I had changed the buttons on the previous GOW to the OG buttons with square and triangle for the attacks.
I was initially going to change the buttons for this one and haven't because of the dual sense triggers...I'm quickly feeling like it doesn't make enough of a difference for me to stick with R1 and R2 for attacking.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I noticed that too. Didn't know you could turn that off. That's dope.
I disabled the hud and subtitles entirely.
If I need it, I have it mapped to swipe up on the touch pad but I seldom ever use it.
I like the game to feel like a movie.

I turned on immersive mode too but I realized it completely turns off (and locks) in game notifications even when you toggle the hud on with a swipe.

I'm looting shyt and i dont even know what it is unless I manually check my bag.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Dualsense haptics are (and I'm willing to be will remain) underutilized and overrated.
Most games implement the same exact lazy technique. Slight resistant on R2 for trigger pulls and that's it.
I haven't found a single game other than astro bot that leveraged the tiny vibrations of the controller is capable of.
In Astrobot there's that part you get hit by tiny rocks and you can almost feel every little pebble on the controller.
Also, when astrobot is sliding on ice you can feel that.
Devs don't seem to be too interested in dialing in those settings for their games.

All the first party games have utilized it well imo, even Control Ultimate it felt good to push and pull stuff with your powers

GT7 you can feel the Gravel underneath the car and when you’re driving on the side of the road, with TLOU and Returnal you can feel when its raining. The sword combat felt really good in Ghost of Tsushima. In Deathloop they did a cool thing when you’re charging the nail gun you can feel the nails rattling around in the controller.

In Demon’s Souls you can feel the spell course through one side of the controller to the left. Developers are definitely utilizing its just not gonna be as extensive and extreme as Astrobot, as thats an entire game based solely around showcasing teh controller.

Someone should make a definitive dualsense list that list all the features and list what games uses them to what extent

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
All the first party games have utilized it well imo, even Control Ultimate it felt good to push and pull stuff with your powers

GT7 you can feel the Gravel underneath the car and when you’re driving on the side of the road, with TLOU and Returnal you can feel when its raining. The sword combat felt really good in Ghost of Tsushima. In Deathloop they did a cool thing when you’re charging the nail gun you can feel the nails rattling around in the controller.

In Demon’s Souls you can feel the spell course through one side of the controller to the left. Developers are definitely utilizing its just not gonna be as extensive and extreme as Astrobot, as thats an entire game based solely around showcasing teh controller.

Someone should make a definitive dualsense list that list all the features and list what games uses them to what extent
I expect Spidey 2 to implement dual sense in an intuitive way.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I like when they integrate gameplay elements into the dualsense like with astro, or the rocket boots in ratchet, or secondary fire in returnal, traction in GT7, etc.

But most implementations so far have pretty much just been surround sound for your hands.