God of War | PS4/ PC |

Gothboi J

All Star
Daps
My gamer card gonna get pulled again but Im not a fan of the difficulty. On normal just taking down a random Draugr takes a lot of hits, then they throw waves at you. Its tedious and boring.

I put the game on easy and it felt better. God of War Kratos should be able to kill these scrubs in one combo. It kills my immersion when im supposedly a God and I do bytch made damage.

Only other issue I have is the side stuff being locked off. What are the odds that Im really gonna give a shyt to back track or even remember the shyt I passed hours ago?

Other than that the game is excellent.
I actually agree. Kratos is massively nerfed in this game. It's a reason he was able to body baldur, magni and modi once he got serious. Kratos destroyed the entire Greek pantheon. He should be running thru these enemies

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
It wouldn't be that fun if every enemy turned into dust after one hit right? It's not as combo based as the original ones but the combat seems more brutal and more real I guess.

I think most of us were put off by the combat in the beginning (I know I was like how the fukk am I gonna beat this troll with this tiny axe the first time I saw it). Once you get the hang of it everything just flows.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Looking back now, I can't say I would give this game anything less than a 9/10.
For me, it's up there with the greatest games of all time. Maybe it's too soon to say that, but I really feel like this game hit all of the right marks to be considered a classic.
The presentation was amazing, the story pacing is perfect, combat is extremely satisfying, it's open world but not so big that you get lost and confused about what to do next, the music is incredible, and the game overall is just long enough while at the same time being short enough to make you wish there were a few more hours left (:dame:).
A minor concern about the ending
If they are supposed to fight Thor in 10 years, does that mean we can expect the next few games to continue taking place in this norse world? Given all the hints of different cultures being intertwined in the GOW universe, and several hints pointing towards Egypt throughout the game, I was really hoping the next game would take us to Africa where we would fight the Egyptian gods, especially since in this game the narrative seems to be that most if not all gods are corrupt and must be destroyed to make way for a new generation.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I kind of feel like this defeats the purpose of new game +.
I thought one of the main appeals of new game + was the ability to go through a game destroying everything with relative ease now that you have your character powered up.
I see it as a mode to go back and easily gather items and quests I may have missed the first time.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I kind of feel like this defeats the purpose of new game +.
I thought one of the main appeals of new game + was the ability to go through a game destroying everything with relative ease now that you have your character powered up.
I see it as a mode to go back and easily gather items and quests I may have missed the first time.

Since everything is still acessible at the end of the game, there arent any items im aware of that you can miss.

For me, its more so the fact that you finally get all this dope gear, and there is very little to use it on aside from the trials and niflheim.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
New game plus, huh? I find that this was put in too late IMO.

It took me about a week to complete the game. Replayed it twice then that was it. I had all this gear and nothing to do. No sidequests, no ravens. So I tried to lend the game to a friend. Unfortunately his BR drive stopped working so I got it back.

Sony must've seen the drop off for the game and figured that leaving a glaring omission of not having a NG+ was going to have a lot copies resold to Gamestop and the like

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
New game plus, huh? I find that this was put in too late IMO.

It took me about a week to complete the game. Replayed it twice then that was it. I had all this gear and nothing to do. No sidequests, no ravens. So I tried to lend the game to a friend. Unfortunately his BR drive stopped working so I got it back.

Sony must've seen the drop off for the game and figured that leaving a glaring omission of not having a NG+ was going to have a lot copies resold to Gamestop and the like
According to the trophies, only 50% of players have actually beaten the story.
I don't think it's too late at all. I just finished the game last night.
The game came out 2 months ago and we're already talking about it being "too late" to add something? :gucci:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
According to the trophies, only 50% of players have actually beaten the story.
I don't think it's too late at all. I just finished the game last night.
The game came out 2 months ago and we're already talking about it being "too late" to add something? :gucci:
Should have been there in the first place. In the old God of War games once u complete the game you could either get spanking new costumes that would give you powers on your next playthrough. Or in God of War if u replayed the game on the same difficulty you'll get to keep your stuff.

A new game plus was the standard. Now it's a bonus