God of War | PS4/ PC |

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
According to game director Cory Barlog, that is because a lot of boss fights had to be cut during the game’s development, owing to time constraints. “You know, there are several bosses that I had to cut throughout the game simply because we got about 15 to 20 people on each boss, and those bosses go anywhere from a year to two each,” Barlog said in an exclusive interview with GamingBolt. “Which I think is something a lot of people underestimate, “there’s not enough bosses in this game!” You’re kind of being greedy, because while I’d love like ten more bosses in there, this game would have taken like 20 years to make,” Cory said to GamingBolt.

:huhldup:

God of War Director Addresses The So Called Lack of Boss Fights « Video Game News, Reviews, Walkthroughs And Guides – GamingBolt

I fukking hate the thought of dlc but I would buy each and every piece of dlc for this :to:

llt23

All Star
Daps
This game was a worthy experience but its definitely overhyped. They added extra difficulty to the combat to hide its flaws. You fight too many waves of the same enemies in single rooms. You fight too many reskinned enemies. Those blue chest puzzles are mostly lame time wasters as you scan the same terrain over and over looking for that one blue thing that you didnt see earlier. All of this artificially lengthens your game time. I think if they blew the whole budget on the story then they should have just allowed it to shine more rather than hiding how short the game actually is by making you fight 10 waves of draugrs before advancing to the next scene.

Overall it was an excellent game dont get me wrong but a lot about the gameplay I didnt enjoy. I also disliked the ending, you barely get any closure to anything and without spoiling it just feels like sequel bait.

I enjoyed Yakuza 6 a lot more.

But to point out what I really loved. The changing environments. Even stuff like the realm changing thing having those tree branches form to make a path each time...stuff like that is especially missing from JRPGs. This games world truly felt like a world of fantasy/mythology. The story also really felt like some mythological shyt. The stories told during boat rides made exploration not feel like Im wasting time on a boat. Theres a lot of excellence in this game but yeah man as a gamer I gotta nitpick the flaws. This aint a 10/10.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

6 more to go

:sadcam:

giphy.gif

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Meh. You still ain't shyt. Plus, you got hit in Rage mode, so you took damage, you just recovered.:martin: You ain't nice, son.
No damage is no damage
:troll:

I had to rewatch to catch the part you're talking about... Good thing I was in Rage Mode, bytch ass Kara throwing one hit kill projectiles from off screen with my back to her. Cheap ass bytch

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
No damage is no damage
:troll:

I had to rewatch to catch the part you're talking about... Good thing I was in Rage Mode, bytch ass Kara throwing one hit kill projectiles from off screen with my back to her. Cheap ass bytch

Why you not playing with the HUD off tho?:hhh: If you were and actually engaged her more rather than axe toss spam:sas1:...this could've been ill. :sas2: Good stuff otherwise...I guess. :mjgrin:

Yeah, I thought you were going to do the quick 180 about-face turn when the red indicators were flashing then. Surprised you didn't really ever utilize it.

Yeah, felt good ripping her wings off.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You fight too many waves of the same enemies in single rooms. You fight too many reskinned enemies
I felt like the enemies were different enough that they were more then "reskins" as they made you change up your fighting playstyle. Plus, there were a lot of different enemies alone that I was constantly surprised at during my playthrough. I never got tired of fighting enemies over and over so I can't agree with this analysis of the gameplay the way you put it. Coming from BOTW or even Horizon this game has a slew of enemy variety not even including the reskins. Only the Trolls felt like reskins honestly.

It's nitpicky from the sounds of it to me. I guarantee you had there was half of the stuff you complained about missing you'd probably feel the game is empty. I personally enjoy the blue chest puzzles as some of the vases are cleverly hidden.

Last edited:

llt23

All Star
Daps
I felt like the enemies were different enough that they were more then "reskins" as they made you change up your fighting playstyle. Plus, there were a lot of different enemies alone that I was constantly surprised at during my playthrough. I never got tired of fighting enemies over and over so I can't agree with this analysis of the gameplay the way you put it. Coming from BOTW or even Horizon this game has a slew of enemy variety not even including the reskins. Only the Trolls felt like reskins honestly.

It's nitpicky from the sounds of it to me. I guarantee you had there was half of the stuff you complained about missing you'd probably feel the game is empty. I personally enjoy the blue chest puzzles as some of the vases are cleverly hidden.

I agree that some of the blue chests puzzles were well done, but the ones that annoyed me were the ones later in the main story where they werent really hidden at all behind any puzzle, they were just in some weird part of the environment. Early game is where they had you move stuff to find them, or deal with moving parts and use precise timing with your axe. Then they ran out of dev time and didnt hide them behind any puzzles.

Plus I didnt play BOTW or Horizon so I guess it could be worse. But im not sure what the big variety is. There were a few sub classes of each enemy type but not enough to really engage me. I will say though since I put it on easy mode it probably made the repetition worse since I didnt really have to use any brainpower for the fights so it just felt like waves of the same shyt over and over. Id imagine it would be even longer on normal or harder difficulties which is why I didnt even bother after the first few hours and put it on easy. But the waves really do bother me, it was the same problem in Mass Effect Andromeda. I can name at least 6 times where you are in one room/elevator/boat etc where you just sit there and fight wave after wave after wave. Doing this once or twice for excitement and tension is cool, but after the 5th or 6th time its just artificially lengthening the game.

While I am nitpicking I felt like any time I was in combat for long periods of time were the worst parts of the game. The story and exploration and the world were the highlights. I probably didnt like it much either since Im not a big fan of these types of combat systems in 3D games. If it wanted to be an action game, then be an action game, ie Ninja Gaiden, Bayo, or the old God of War games. But with how well done the story is it felt like OK now its time to take a break from this experience and be a video game and make you fight a bunch of shyt for a long time.

To be really honest I would love to see a JRPG with turn based combat with this kind of budget and attention to detail to the world. Of course I dont expect this from this game but I would love to see it one day from a big JRPG dev.

And again these arent dealbreakers, Id still say this game was excellent and a must play for all gamers.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I will say though since I put it on easy mode
:patrice:Uhh.... There's your problem. There's no fun in easy mode. On Challenge/GOW mode is where the combat shines and you really have to make use of your arsenal to conquer your foes. On easy mode I suspect it's just a mash buttons affair to win which can seem boring and repetitive.

The combat in this game is leagues ahead of the combat in the older GOW games and it's easily among the best in any 3d action game. I've played em all and I'd consider it top tier. You really can't enjoy the shyt on easy mode. Those "rooms" you talk about were intense as fukk on challenge mode. The elevator fight when going up to the summit was :wow: where I can see on easy mode since it's no challenge you're just probably spamming a few moves waiting to get to the next scene like "okay come on.."

Edit: Zelda has 54 enemies in the game and that includes enemies that are reskins with really nothing different. God of War has 129 including "reskins" which if we compare have different classes like the Draugr which has

• [*]Draugr: This Draugr type fights with a single weapon. These Draugr's are not dangerous in single combat but can cause problems in groups.
    [*]Dual Wield Draugr: This Draugr type is equipped with a weapon in each hand. These Draugr's can chain together a flurry of attacks quickly. Being more offensively minded, look to parry their attacks.
    [*]Explosive Draugr: This Draugr type stores energy in their bodies and explode on contact.
    [*]Power Weapon Draugr: This Draugr type can channel energy through their arms into their weapons, allowing them to unleash devastating attacks.
    [*]Projectile Draugr: This Draugr type can unleash fireballs. They attack from a distance and should be dealt with early in fights.
    [*]Shield Draugr: This Draugr type utilizes a shield and is defensively sound in combat. Break their guard with a charged R2 attack or a well-timed parry.
    [*]Speed Draugr: This Draugr type channels fire into their legs that give them superhuman speed. They are difficult to hit and should be baited to charge Kratos before attacking.
I think your complaints are a result of the difficulty you played on. Those "rooms" were some of the most intense parts of the game.

Last edited:

llt23

All Star
Daps
nikkas in here complaining and they playing on easy :hhh: even my son started this shyt on hard. :picard:

:lolbron: Hey man Im too old to be sitting around giving a shyt about a single player games difficulty in a 3D setting. I grew up on NES difficulty where the stories were short and sweet, I dont need that in my big ass narrative driven game. Normal mode is actually harder than most games normal