God of War | PS4/ PC |

llt23

All Star
Daps
:patrice:Uhh.... There's your problem. There's no fun in easy mode. On Challenge/GOW mode is where the combat shines and you really have to make use of your arsenal to conquer your foes. On easy mode I suspect it's just a mash buttons affair to win which can seem boring and repetitive.

The combat in this game is leagues ahead of the combat in the older GOW games and it's easily among the best in any 3d action game. I've played em all and I'd consider it top tier. You really can't enjoy the shyt on easy mode. Those "rooms" you talk about were intense as fukk on challenge mode. The elevator fight when going up to the summit was :wow: where I can see on easy mode since it's no challenge you're just probably spamming a few moves waiting to get to the next scene like "okay come on.."

Edit: Zelda has 54 enemies in the game and that includes enemies that are reskins with really nothing different. God of War has 129 including "reskins" which if we compare have different classes like the Draugr which has

I think your complaints are a result of the difficulty you played on. Those "rooms" were some of the most intense parts of the game.

I agree with you man. At the same time the games normal difficulty didnt interest me at all. After killing the troll boss in the beginning and fighting that dude I was like....OK that took way too fukking long, im good on this. Also took more than one combo to kill a generic Draugr. I am Kratos but i cant kill a draugr in one combo? On easy I could. I wasnt being engaged enough on normal difficulty, it just felt more repetitive due to higher health of enemies and having to waste even more time since u cant afford to take a hit.

But let me ask you one question since you brought up the GOAT Ocarina. Which game had more bosses, God of War or OOT :leostare:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree with you man.

But let me ask you one question since you brought up the GOAT Ocarina. Which game had more bosses, God of War or OOT :leostare:
I didn't bring up Ocarina, I brought up BOTW. Anyway I think OOT has more "bosses" but that's incomparable. The bosses in God of War are UNIVERSES apart from OOT.

llt23

All Star
Daps
I think my final point in regards to the games difficulty is that they messed up the balance. Easy made the enemies dumb as hell and not do many of their moves or do them very rarely. On normal you take too much damage and enemies have too much health. I think Normal should have gave you damage and health levels of easy mode but with all the enemy patterns of Normal. The way it is right now Normal feels like any other games hard mode. So I didnt have fun with either difficulty setting. I just chose Easy since I didnt care enough to grind through the battles and just wanted to experience the story, as the difficulty setting implied.

I didn't bring up Ocarina, I brought up BOTW. Anyway I think OOT has more "bosses" but that's incomparable. The bosses in God of War are UNIVERSES apart from OOT.

Not really. All the OOT bosses were more fun than any fight in this game. Just because they add cinematic layers to the fights doesnt make them more fun.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
:lolbron: Hey man Im too old to be sitting around giving a shyt about a single player games difficulty in a 3D setting. I grew up on NES difficulty where the stories were short and sweet, I dont need that in my big ass narrative driven game. Normal mode is actually harder than most games normal

do you breh :hubie: all we're saying is that the game gets better on the higher difficulty settings in our opinions. :yeshrug:

Wish there was a trophy for beating this on the higher difficulties tho the game ended and I was like :picard: these nikkas ain't even have the decency to give a trophy for this :picard: I'm getting the same shyt nikkas on easy getting :hhh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think my final point in regards to the games difficulty is that they messed up the balance. Easy made the enemies dumb as hell and not do many of their moves or do them very rarely. On normal you take too much damage and enemies have too much health. I think Normal should have gave you damage and health levels of easy mode but with all the enemy patterns of Normal. The way it is right now Normal feels like any other games hard mode. So I didnt have fun with either difficulty setting. I just chose Easy since I didnt care enough to grind through the battles and just wanted to experience the story, as the difficulty setting implied.
Nah man, let's be honest. You got your shyt rocked and went down a level and then complained the game's balance was off when in actuality, the game gets easier on challenge mode once you start upgrading your stats/Atreus. You put the difficulty down too early. If you felt like you were "grinding" then you played wrong. I never got that feeling of "oh boy come on!" in this game.

Not really. All the OOT bosses were more fun than any fight in this game. Just because they add cinematic layers to the fights doesnt make them more fun.
Why do you bring up cinematic layers when that's not even true for most of the boss fights? Besides the Stranger, the Dragon Fight, the Magi and the brother fight as well as a few other bosses/mini bosses were mostly tense, interactive fights. There was no QTE or watch something cool happen boss fights often in this game.

Hell, a Valkyrie fight was more fun than any boss fights in OOT. There's no "cinematic" layer in practically none of the fights cept the Stranger. Hell, the Dragon Boss fight is blocking, dodging, throwing stuff when vulnerable to stun boss damage damage. There was only really one cinematic layer at the end of the fight. You making it sound like it was some Tell Tale or Quantic Dream cinematic QTE stuff.

Again, you played on easy mode and really that revelation explains your issues. :hubie: Boot it up on challenge mode and do some optional bosses and whatnot and see how different it is. Enemies are not "dumb" on challenge mode.

Last edited:

llt23

All Star
Daps
Nah man, let's be honest. You got your shyt rocked and went down a level and then complained the game's balance was off when in actuality, the game gets easier on challenge mode once you start upgrading your stats/Atreus. You put the difficulty down too early. If you felt like you were "grinding" then you played wrong. I never got that feeling of "oh boy come on!" in this game.

Why do you bring up cinematic layers when that's not even true for most of the boss fights? Besides the Stranger, the Dragon Fight, the Magi and the brother fight as well as a few other bosses/mini bosses were mostly tense, interactive fights. There was no QTE or watch something cool happen boss fights often in this game.

Hell, a Valkyrie fight was more fun than any boss fights in OOT. There's no "cinematic" layer in practically none of the fights cept the Stranger. Hell, the Dragon Boss fight is blocking, dodging, throwing stuff when vulnerable to stun boss damage damage. There was only really one cinematic layer at the end of the fight. You making it sound like it was some Tell Tale or Quantic Dream cinematic QTE stuff.

Again, you played on easy mode and really that revelation explains your issues. :hubie: Boot it up on challenge mode and do some optional bosses and whatnot and see how different it is. Enemies are not "dumb" on challenge mode.

Depends what you consider a boss fight. Cause the Dragon, the brothers, the stranger were the only real boss fights in the game. Green troll, red troll etc dont count. Valkyries are cool I guess but a battle of repetition once again, green red blue but with each one having more health. Most of them have the same attacks save for one move or two. No interest.

I dont get how any of that can be more fun than OOT bosses. Imagine in OOT if every boss was Phantom Ganon but with a different color

Just a lack of creativity really. Dodge invul moves, throw axe to disrupt certain attacks, parry this, kill. every enemy is basically this.

Theres no elements of puzzle solving really. Throwing shyt into the dragons mouth was probably the best thing they had in terms of switching it up slightly.

Again this is more personal preference than anything, i just dont like this style of combat very much. Rather play Bayonetta type than this Dark Souls esque gameplay. Die in one or two hits, take ur whole day to beat a purple reskin Valkyrie to get some internet glory....its a single player game.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Depends what you consider a boss fight. Cause the Dragon, the brothers, the stranger were the only real boss fights in the game. Green troll, red troll etc dont count. Valkyries are cool I guess but a battle of repetition once again, green red blue but with each one having more health. Most of them have the same attacks save for one move or two. No interest.

I dont get how any of that can be more fun than OOT bosses. Imagine in OOT if every boss was Phantom Ganon but with a different color

Just a lack of creativity really. Dodge invul moves, throw axe to disrupt certain attacks, parry this, kill. every enemy is basically this.

Theres no elements of puzzle solving really. Throwing shyt into the dragons mouth was probably the best thing they had in terms of switching it up slightly.

Again this is more personal preference than anything, i just dont like this style of combat very much. Rather play Bayonetta type than this Dark Souls esque gameplay. Die in one or two hits, take ur whole day to beat a purple reskin Valkyrie to get some internet glory....its a single player game.

Bayonetta is a single player game too.. As is Zelda, Ninja Gaiden or DMC... :dahell:

Why talk about puzzle solving? There's no puzzle solving in most of the other games you brought up either. I'm not sure why you're trying to nitpick GOW when you played it on easy mode but then you're praising Zelda(any zelda really) as if it's some cornerstone of boss battles.

Throw a bomb into a enemies mouth and attack it when it's stunned.. Zelda
Shoot an arrow into enemy's eye to stun it and attack it.. Zelda
Block projectile/dodge and either do the aforementioned attacks. There's really not much difference here breh.

Where was the puzzle solving at? There's nothing special happening here on a gameplay front.

Hit with hammer to stun/ hit with sword and repeat three times. You're really looking at this with rose tinted glasses breh.. GOW is easily up there as my favorite 3d action game period. Only other game I liked as much was Bayonetta 2.

THere's WAY more gameplay diversity and potential in GOW fighting REG enemies.. :mindblown: How can somenoe see this and say the combat is ehh? :skip:

I mean if you don't like it then that's you but come on breh be real you played on easy mode and you nitpicking about the difficulty. @Mowgli is screaming internally somewhere.

Last edited:

llt23

All Star
Daps
Its not for me breh. Im sure its excellent to the majority of players and people who enjoy that type of combat. But its like I said, I liked the Dragon fight cause it was similar to a Zelda fight. You're showing me these cool combo videos and thats great and all, but it doesnt mean im interested. I can say that in Nier I didnt do any fancy combos although they are possible with similar combo videos to the one you posted and I still enjoyed the gameplay in that one. More bosses, more changes of pace in regards to how you fight and less artificial lengthening with waves upon waves of enemies.

Theres a reason why I can go back to OOT years later and still love every part, but I wont ever boot this game up ever again. Similarly I wont ever play Nioh again. But stuff like Bayo, Ninja Gaiden, Yakuza titles or Nier I could boot up again if were talking modern titles. Thats more my style.

TBH outside of Ninja Gaiden 2 on 360 im not a big fan of difficult 3D games in general. I liked that one because it was just a straight up action game with a lot of inputs to learn similar to a fighting game so it is very different from what we are getting from this gen.

Could just be that im getting :flabbynsick: or that Its just not for me. :manny:

Still an excellent game like i said previously :salute:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps

6 more to go

:sadcam:

Y’all nikkas elite I be using my runics and my special moves and my boy til the wheels fall off

I definitely ain’t going for no no damage :mjgrin:

I just beat gunner and Kara

Moving down the list like I’m a hit man :demonic:

I’m on geirdful now she giving me that work finna go back to the mist and grind til I get better armor
and level up
Then I’m going to come back for her ass :mjgrin:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
giphy.gif

Just do a whole bunch a side quest to you overpowered

Also make sure your boy is overpowered

But main thing learn the parry she is the easiest one

Once you get that parry down is beautiful to watch it

:wow: