God of War is not a system seller but Gamepass is and yes... we have receipts to prove it!!!

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
And so the majority of black friday sales was from the Microsoft instagram thing (which I made a thread on)
Why not read the link I posted right, and peep the top 5, peep how they not on sale.

But lets do a little more than that. Sony shipped more than enough PS5's so no matter the discount they should win if they have more
That was the narrative. So what happened then? Peep the replies to see the truth for yourself :handshake:

So you don't like the entire Yakuza Franchise? Persona 5 Royal no good? Ni No Kuni? I'm purposely naming former PS only titles that you guys swore were great, now they suck cuz they on gamepass? :usure: Everything new we get in these same genres but you disqualified yourself from being aware from all your responses. You didn't know, and you haven't played a plague tale requiem yet either. Or moonscars. Maybe you should actually play games instead of acting like exclusives are the only games that can be good :stop:

Every console maker has AAA titles that are some of the highest in the industry, and if we talking games Microsoft has way more games in its pipelines.
No fanboy talk, its not even close.

And it was non existant in terms of black friday sales which is telling :merchant:

Because they sell out as soon as they reach retail right? @gurf

Damn @gurf how is this possible, maybe they heard the series X was gonna be discounted on instagram and didn't cop?

Damn, even Gizmo saying this so can we now at least acknowledge that they was available... and LOST even tho you can't find them on shelves according to Coli-folklore

Lets say for shyts and giggles thats true, how would that make this thread irrelevant like if somehow sony can still win black friday?
Is Biden NOT your president too? You basically typing out how you want to move the goalpost. And who does that, hurt pepole do that.

I'm getting in that AZZ (pause)
You typed out all of this and still ignore the original point I made earlier in the thread.

Folks buy shyt that's discounted on Black Friday.

In either case, I'll just post facts that refute the original topic and keep it moving.

:sas1:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dead:

Yall pick one word and hyper focus on it. Now I'm complaining about the violence.
I just buy Playstation games to nitpick:dead:

It's amazing how yall can hold these games to such a HIGH seal of quality and gaming standards. It's literally the golden standard of gaming experiences let yall tell it. But let someone start to say anything that isn't positive yall get MAD MAD like for real mad. :mjlol: You should expect games that are quality to get critiqued on a different scale. But instead yall get upset because people aren't critiquing indie and other lesser AAA with the same kind of standards as not only triple A games but the highest quality of Triple A games being released lately.

You can sit around and talk about how a game drops to frames, isn't 1440p or is 30 fps. And that will KILL yall from even buying the game at all, regardless of how good the game is.

But let someone say the story is trash or the game play is shallow for a Sony game and yall flip out.
:mjlol:
I nitpick more Sony games than you and I’m a Sony guy lmao.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Every console maker has AAA titles that are some of the highest in the industry, and if we talking games Microsoft has way more games in its pipelines.
No fanboy talk, its not even close.
I'm not talking from a console maker pov. Sony as a producer consistently releases some of the highest selling games in the industry. I brought it up because the breh I quoted tried to make it seem like playstation studio games weren't that popular compared to Nintendo games and the average multiplat titles, which isn't true.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No one is upset about anyone nitpicking or not loving the game, we all just know your schtick by now lol
Nah that's in y'all heads :manny: it really boils down to I can't be critical of a playstation title because I'm not a "playstation guy" and if I praise it I must be trying to trick people or have some ulterior motive.

It is what it is though :manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nah that's in y'all heads :manny: it really boils down to I can't be critical of a playstation title because I'm not a "playstation guy" and if I praise it I must be trying to trick people or have some ulterior motive.

It is what it is though :manny:

Its not about being a “playstation guy” its about constantly downplaying and talking shyt about playstation games year round and thinking anyones gonna take your “calm and reasonable” criticism as good faith.

I’m well aware if i go into a xbox game ot and start posting about how disappointing a big release is I’d get the same reaction. Stop acting slow

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its not about being a “playstation guy” its about constantly downplaying and talking shyt about playstation games year round and thinking anyones gonna take your “calm and reasonable” criticism as good faith.

I’m well aware if i go into a xbox game ot and start posting about how disappointing a big release is I’d get the same reaction. Stop acting slow
Again that's something yall make up in your head, you'll find very few post of me actually hating on playstation games. Most of my hate toward playstation is always their business practice and the stans.
Me not caring about ratchet but saying it was the only next gen looking title out but with the same old gameplay... I guess thats hating.
Me not caring about returnal or miles I guess that hating.
Me not being a fan of horzion I guess thats hating.
But literally every other playstation exclusive I've played and enjoyed. Even have some of them ranked as all time great gaming experiences. But somehow thats hating...

Don't get me hating on sony stans and playstation practices and me hating on the games :manny: If it's one thing you can't hate on it's the games they snag and release.

And you literally go into threads consistently before game drops with nothing but negativity me and others have called you on out it before more than once. Doesn't matter if it's a xbox or multiplatform game.

gow rag has been out a month and I've been playing it all the while, only recently have I posted my thoughts after finishing it... beforehand I was just as hype as everyone else.

I literally don't post anything negative in any games thread unless it's something to do with like the game bricking, crashing, not being shipped or something wild like that.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
No limits
He's talking to a nikka named "Bigger Long" :dame:
Looks like Gizmo broke Titan lmao
WTF are you nikkaz @surf n about :dame:
You typed out all of this and still ignore the original point I made earlier in the thread.

Folks buy shyt that's discounted on Black Friday.

In either case, I'll just post facts that refute the original topic and keep it moving.

:sas1:
The system sells itself, that has always been the narrative. Supplies have outweighed demand and you're trying to make it seem like GOW does numbers because sales spiked up during THE WEEK IT RELEASED?
This thread is about the black friday time period which is only a week and a half later and sales have not continued. Why and HOW?
Its been established now that its not due to supplies. And you are trying to argue that a fukkin instagram hookup is why xbox topped everything from the Nintendo Switch, to bluey, call of duty, you name it.

Why would they do that for a system that has not games or a future?

Or maybe, just maybe the future is brighter than a muthafukka and you refuse to acknowledge it while making up every excuse you can for why its a fluke :tu:
:mjlol:
I nitpick more Sony games than you and I’m a Sony guy lmao.
:stop:
I'm not talking from a console maker pov. Sony as a producer consistently releases some of the highest selling games in the industry. I brought it up because the breh I quoted tried to make it seem like playstation studio games weren't that popular compared to Nintendo games and the average multiplat titles, which isn't true.
It is true, if you compare the top games from each? No comparison. Then you scale it down and you have Returnal vs Mario Tennis on the VR Boy :patrice:

Zelda on the CD-i :francis:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The system sells itself, that has always been the narrative. Supplies have outweighed demand and you're trying to make it seem like GOW does numbers because sales spiked up during THE WEEK IT RELEASED?
Yes, because it did, check the link. Biggest week of 2022.

I'll let you cook, the article you posted doesn't have any numbers. Plus it's a Washington Examiner article.

We'll wait till them end of the month numbers from trusted sources drop.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It is true, if you compare the top games from each? No comparison. Then you scale it down and you have Returnal vs Mario Tennis on the VR Boy
Ignoring hardware, you can put sony’s catalog as a publisher against nearly any other publisher in the industry