• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I think GoW is low key stealing points by riding off of mythology in general and its unfair to weigh it against another game that's doing its own thing entirely :yeshrug: I liked GoW a lot. Seriously. But I'm just floored by the lack of boss fights in it compared to previous GoW entries. I'm not asking to fight Poseidon every other hour, but GoW was really, really dry and that's always been one of the biggest draws of the series for me.

HZD never acts like everything rides on bosses and every situation is as free as you want it to be. GoW? Man.... higher difficulties if you weren't abusing stun and keeping one hand on the wall at all times you were just making life hard for yourself. Its really restrictive. Which I'd be cool with if the enemies played by the same rules as you or something but the way their attacks are designed, its clear that they had to inflate difficulty with some bs (elfs shooting aoe attacks behind you on a delay = camera fukkery 101)

Ironically I liked the RPG elements of GoW more. Never thought I'd be saying that ever.
i felt the same way

but in hindsight God Of War 1 didnt have that many true bosses either. GoW2 was "just right" and GoW3 might have been too much and Ascension was great to play but that story was basura

Best game on PS4 is Odinsphere :ehh: followed closely by Until Dawn

Creepn

All Star
Daps
Horizon dialog was too long with too much talking which made it a little boring for me. I may have to play this game on ultra hard to see if I'll enjoy it more.

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
Finally beat God of War and it was a great game, but the ending was definitely anti climatic because I didn’t know I beat the game until it too late :manny: Combat is amazing but overall I enjoyed the experience of Horizon Zero Dawn more. :salute:

@Mowgli what do you think? I know you just beat God of War recently, do you think it’s a better game than Horizon Zero Dawn?

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
beat GOD just copped HZD complete edition from the PS store for 20...enjoying it, but it doesn't hold my attention the way GOD did

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

I did the same,I quit after the Corrupted Watchers was kicking my Ass trying to Clear that Zone and this was Christmas '17 that I last played:damn:....Im not too much of a Bow and Arrow Guy so the Game wasnt getting to me like say an Uncharted or even Skyrim,but after some odd rounds wit GoW I ReDownloaded Horizon and I just took out the Corrupted Watchers wit No Probs now im going further into Horizon now(Just met up wit Olin at that point)and yes its a Total Toss up between the Two tbh,if anything the Games made me recognize that its better to do the ol Stick n Move as opposed to just getting all in there wit a Hack and Slash
no wonder you quit horizon lol

hack and slash :mjlol:

breh you was dying every min with that strategy

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
I loved the way you got so much of the story of HZD from secondary things like audio files, ruins, etc. They both have interesting worlds you want to explore and both great games. The complete story of HZD just stuck out more to me.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Is there an option to play Horizon at 60fps?
:lupe:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I loved the way you got so much of the story of HZD from secondary things like audio files, ruins, etc. They both have interesting worlds you want to explore and both great games. The complete story of HZD just stuck out more to me.

I felt like GOW did that better with mimir, the paintings and what not. It felt more natural and not like an info dump. Every thing was paced where it didnt run over each other IMO. The messages that the boy found were usually short and sweet, and mimirs storys where always interesting and actually paused when you starting doing something else and picked up when you got back on the ship. I will admit it was hard to keep up with all the stories mimir introduced (not familiar with Norse like i am with Greek) but it still felt more natural.

HZD felt to much like other open world games with the codecs, emails, holograms, notes etc that just seemed like over load. Especially when im trying to listen to a file, then the game talking over that file at the same time, then you find another file 2 ft away.