God of War 4 vs Horizon Zero Dawn

Who you got brehs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps
UC4's pacing was trash. Game was a chore to get through
Yep. Scotland was awful, should have cut that chapter all together. The development was kinda fukked up,made the codirector, Bruce Straley quit the gaming industrt and go on a spirit quest .

They made Lost Legacy in a year and it was better than UC4.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yep. Scotland was awful, should have cut that chapter all together. The development was kinda fukked up,made the codirector, Bruce Straley quit the gaming industrt and go on a spirit quest .

They made Lost Legacy in a year and it was better than UC4.
Scotland was a chore. There was a few other chapters that just stretched too long doing nothing.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
How is this even a thread :russ:

God of War in every single category imaginable:mjlol:

Story
Cinematics
Gameplay
Graphics
Voice Acting
Set Pieces
Audio

The Stranger fight is better than anything horizon got...

And I like horizon but ...

You want a Chrysler 300 or you want a Bentley

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
After playing GoW, I felt compelled to go back and play HZD. While GoW was great, the combat system is still not better than an aging DMC combat system. I was disappointed. Now, it got much better as you played but really, its only because he did more damage not that it was a dynamic system. It was really good, but nowhere near where I expected it to be. And this was my first God Of War game because of that very reason. That DMC was just better. Not production (story, voice acting, cinematics) but better game.

Which brings me to HZD, a game I was critical of because of voice acting and the story among other things. After playing GoW, I wanted to go back and play HZD for some reason and when I did, spawning right into the middle of a Stormbird attack, I appreciated the mechanics of combat more. Couldve been because it was an entirely diff style from GoW but honestly, it was just better and it really shouldnt have been. I thought maybe I attributed it to loving bows in games but when it came down to the options the Tranny girl had at her disposal, it confirmed my thought of it being superior.

God of War's combat mechanics could be EXACTLY what they wanted it to be and not limited in any way. I could totally see that being the case. I just think they shouldve done more and likely could have. I also think the story was the main focus of the game despite it being a franchise known for its combat style.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
After playing GoW, I felt compelled to go back and play HZD. While GoW was great, the combat system is still not better than an aging DMC combat system. I was disappointed. Now, it got much better as you played but really, its only because he did more damage not that it was a dynamic system. It was really good, but nowhere near where I expected it to be. And this was my first God Of War game because of that very reason. That DMC was just better. Not production (story, voice acting, cinematics) but better game.

Which brings me to HZD, a game I was critical of because of voice acting and the story among other things. After playing GoW, I wanted to go back and play HZD for some reason and when I did, spawning right into the middle of a Stormbird attack, I appreciated the mechanics of combat more. Couldve been because it was an entirely diff style from GoW but honestly, it was just better and it really shouldnt have been. I thought maybe I attributed it to loving bows in games but when it came down to the options the Tranny girl had at her disposal, it confirmed my thought of it being superior.

God of War's combat mechanics could be EXACTLY what they wanted it to be and not limited in any way. I could totally see that being the case. I just think they shouldve done more and likely could have. I also think the story was the main focus of the game despite it being a franchise known for its combat style.

Once you start to unlock the different skills, the stance switches and the parry counters.... Chain and AXe combos, combat is crazy. Disagree wholeheartedly

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Horizon and I don’t think it’s close. That game made you really feel a part of the world. Them battles were epic and you could get slumped at any given point if you run up on the wrong Dino.

GOW has the better story, but at no point did I have to put the controller down and think how I needed to progress bc of the difficulty. It was just enjoyable to beat up nikkas.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
How is this even a thread :russ:

God of War in every single category imaginable:mjlol:

Story
Cinematics
Gameplay
Graphics
Voice Acting
Set Pieces
Audio

The Stranger fight is better than anything horizon got...

And I like horizon but ...

You want a Chrysler 300 or you want a Bentley

Once you start to unlock the different skills, the stance switches and the parry counters.... Chain and AXe combos, combat is crazy. Disagree wholeheartedly
Story Ok. Opinion but okay.
Cinematics Ok. I agree. Diff style
Gameplay No.
Graphics Not much. And def not a whole year's worth of tech.
Voice Acting Yes.
Set Pieces Not really.
Audio. Ok
Stranger fight is better than anything horizon got... Gameplay wise, no. Story, yes.

They're both Bentley. One is the Spur and one is the Continental. Serve two different purposes.

And even those limited change ups add only two branches each weapon for a set combo. It's 2018 and DMC had better combat almost 20yrs ago. It's still too rudimentary. But they put an amazing finish with great immersion of the weapons into the story. Made the limitations come across as more intimate. Both meant something and had completely different styles of play. The parry mechanic adds nothing that hasn't been done a hundred times over the past 2 decades but I'm glad they had it and it was done well sans the camera angle issues.

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
be thankful you're debating two of the greatest games of this gen that happen to be on the same system

some people have no games to play at all

giphy.gif

After playing GoW, I wanted to go back and play HZD for some reason and when I did, spawning right into the middle of a Stormbird attack, I appreciated the mechanics of combat more.

I did the same,I quit after the Corrupted Watchers was kicking my Ass trying to Clear that Zone and this was Christmas '17 that I last played:damn:....Im not too much of a Bow and Arrow Guy so the Game wasnt getting to me like say an Uncharted or even Skyrim,but after some odd rounds wit GoW I ReDownloaded Horizon and I just took out the Corrupted Watchers wit No Probs now im going further into Horizon now(Just met up wit Olin at that point)and yes its a Total Toss up between the Two tbh,if anything the Games made me recognize that its better to do the ol Stick n Move as opposed to just getting all in there wit a Hack and Slash