• Poll closed .

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I love both and both are greatest

I'll say this. GOW battle was more tough, imo. Horizion battle was easy and I played on Hard Level in both games.

If I had to pick one...:patrice: I'm going with GOW.

Horzion>>>>>>GOW in Open World

GOW>>>>>>>Horizon in Fight Bosses

Story = Both Are Tied but GOW have more emotional.
I think GoW is low key stealing points by riding off of mythology in general and its unfair to weigh it against another game that's doing its own thing entirely :yeshrug: I liked GoW a lot. Seriously. But I'm just floored by the lack of boss fights in it compared to previous GoW entries. I'm not asking to fight Poseidon every other hour, but GoW was really, really dry and that's always been one of the biggest draws of the series for me.

HZD never acts like everything rides on bosses and every situation is as free as you want it to be. GoW? Man.... higher difficulties if you weren't abusing stun and keeping one hand on the wall at all times you were just making life hard for yourself. Its really restrictive. Which I'd be cool with if the enemies played by the same rules as you or something but the way their attacks are designed, its clear that they had to inflate difficulty with some bs (elfs shooting aoe attacks behind you on a delay = camera fukkery 101)

Ironically I liked the RPG elements of GoW more. Never thought I'd be saying that ever.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I find that strange when I hear that. I’m not a fan of sandbox games at all. I haven’t finished one gta game, Batman is trash, but Horizon sucked me in for the entire game. Never had a sandbox game do that for me before.
Same. I think open world sandbox is one of the most overrated things in gaming but i love Horizon

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps
Gameplay they're about even but I enjoy melee combat the most and the melee combat in Horizon was terrible but Horizon's combat was overall more dynamic but once you get the slingshot bombs it made every other option basically redundant. Graphics about even, both incredible, right under Naughty Dog tier stuff.Traversal is a weak point in both games, especially when going for the platinum. GOW especially with the terrible fast travel system and the tedious climbing.

GOW has better characters(all 5 of them lol) and I enjoyed Kratos and Atreus' journey a lot more than Alloy's. Horizon's story and characters are super forgettable until the last act or so. I can't remember shyt in Horizon except for the spoilery stuff at the end, which I thought was done pretty well.

GOW probably needed more spectacle boss fights but it didn't bother me too much.

Gonna give it to GOW. Both are setup to have even better sequels too.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Lost Legacy is better :manny:. Druckmann admitted they fukked up the pacing in Uncharted 4, they had a stamina meter with the climbing that they got rid of like 3 months before release and didn't have the time to shorten the climbing sections.

Still a great game. Lost Legacy was fire too but just an expansion really.

iamstr8fire

Apex Predator
Daps
Reppin
In The Thunder and Rain
100% agree.

shyt is almost prophetic. :to:

Got GOW by a hair.

giphy.gif

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
Played Both and Beat Both.
Never went back to Horizon after I finished it. It didn't leave an impact (Storywise) like GoW left me.
1 and done with that, and it took me a minute to get into.
GoW makes me want to replay that shyt all over again just so I could Re-Plat that shyt.
It didn't overdo the open world gameplay and the story still has me thinking deep about the future titles.
What was Horizon about, again? :sas2:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Lost Legacy is better :manny:. Druckmann admitted they fukked up the pacing in Uncharted 4, they had a stamina meter with the climbing that they got rid of like 3 months before release and didn't have the time to shorten the climbing sections.
UC4's pacing was trash. Game was a chore to get through

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Played Both and Beat Both.
Never went back to Horizon after I finished it. It didn't leave an impact (Storywise) like GoW left me.
1 and done with that, and it took me a minute to get into.
GoW makes me want to replay that shyt all over again just so I could Re-Plat that shyt.
It didn't overdo the open world gameplay and the story still has me thinking deep about the future titles.
What was Horizon about, again? :sas2:
fukking up robot dinosaurs :wow: what else do you need