God of War 4 vs Horizon Zero Dawn

Who you got brehs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Combat was pretty stale to me, and once I realized most of the enemies the same way and the story didn't grab me at all I was over it. It was almost like a spin off farcry for me.

It really is. The crafting mechanics from animal skins, the weapon wheel, the forgettable characters, the large boring open world. All straight from far cry

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Funny you brought this up. I beat GoW a week or so and playing through horizon now.

It's no contest imo. Horizon is a B+ while GoW is an A

It (horizon) is a well polished assassin's Creed with potential

Maybe it's just not fair to horizon that I best GoW first, but , on the flip side I bought HZD first day and played it until I got side tracked.

Imo I'm don't feel the sense of progression like I felt with GoW. I'm level 33 in HZD and it's just like w/e. My weapons are better and more diverse but it leaves me wanting a little more. While inGoW, I felt there was a very clear path of progression and the sense of accomplishment was very high (like when you kill the queen, comparing to when you started out and 2 revenants and a draugar had me stressed)

The lore was better fed to the player in GoW, Mimir/Atreus>>> voice recordings,emails, holograms. Presentation in GoW is miles better no cut camera, minimal load times, random boat stories, jotnar murals actually got me interest in a mythology I only knew of through marvel. In HZD it just feels like exposition over load. I thought GoW felt more natural and unique. Plus any written text was usually brief.

Combat is better in GoW. While I love fighting the robo animals in HZD, alot of times I find myself wishing I had my Axe and could just beat the shyt out of these muthere fukkers. And the human enemies are annoying. I hate Everytime I have to go against them. I just don't feel as satisfied with the weapons (aside from the ropecaster, I took down a Thunderbird with that and felt :ahh:)

I think I'd be a lil more satisfied if I could mount alot more stuff and use it kinda like a mech. I would've loved to mount one of those thunder birds and come through blasting on these bytch ass deathbringers.

I think HZD has better HDR and environments tho.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I don't honestly get how you can like GoW's gameplay over Horizon if you played both to completion.

Hell, fighting a group of Chargers is more dynamic than everything GoW offers. I'm also just floored how everyone is so in love with The Stranger. That was basically any anime fight in an action game ever - multiple times. I really enjoyed GoW, but that combat was nothing special at all. No matter what I did, I felt like I was playing Resident Evil 5 or 6 with an axe - and on harder difficulties it really shines how lamed out some enemies are.

That said they're kinda on the same level when you take everything into account. Great games with some really minor flaws holding them back.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
i gotta finish horizon damn. gows environment and enemy variety keep it fresh. i dont liek the number of trolls i have to fight that i kill the exact same way. Should have been replaced with option original mini bosses with original fatalities.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love both and both are greatest

I'll say this. GOW battle was more tough, imo. Horizion battle was easy and I played on Hard Level in both games.

If I had to pick one...:patrice: I'm going with GOW.

Horzion>>>>>>GOW in Open World

GOW>>>>>>>Horizon in Fight Bosses

Story = Both Are Tied but GOW have more emotional.