Global IT outages due to Crowdstrike got the whole world shook up (The FAA has grounded flights from Delta, United and AA)

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
This was a long ass day. I need a cig and I don’t even smoke :beli:
Bruh, I'm part of the operations team that's responsible for monitoring job flows. Our jobs run are supposed to run between midnight and 7. I've been online since like 6, calls for half the day. And we still have job flows running, that I have to monitor...and still have to get done what I was supposed to get done today.

And this is on top of the team being down 120 hrs (lost 2 team members and 1 is renewing their visa), and the early morning shift team member, somebody forgot to extend his account, so we had to re onboard him today. Sot hats another 16 hours my team doesn't have to get shyt done

Update: o, and one of the jobs that takes 7 hours just failed... goodie:martin:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
May be an image of 3 people and text

247Alex

Pro
Daps
a few weeks ago at mercedes dealer - i couldnt even check my car in for service cause of some outage that was affecting their part ordering system and this nd that. I was just there for a fkn oil change lol.
lol before you ask why i go to dealership for oil change - I prepaid like 5 things of service when getting my car leased for like a 75% discount or someshyt. it was worth it.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the rarely seen downside of that 6 Certs life :wow:
Nah fukk that, this is when our values really shine. Teams would be on gridlock if not for IT teams solving issues. Problem is it works like pandemic healthcare workers. Heroes while the shyt is up in the air, "cost center" when it is fixed.:francis:Gotta add a little flame to the smoke every now and then for folks to act right.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
This shyt really broke my team lead...he ready to tap out and just go back to engineering :mjlol:

He STILL on the phone right now. Been on the phone since 2 am :mjlol:

He called me like breh aint no way I can deal with this shyt come on man I got all these managers asking me the dumbest fukking questions and trying to assign shyt to me that don't have nothing to do with us :damn:

I said of course you do...just like I would have...had I not put you on it :lolbron:.

Told him when shyt like this hit the fan and you guys just be heads down fixing things with no one bothering you...who you think is on the phone with execs? You see them sev 1 updates. You see them bridge numbers. So YOU KNOW somebody is on the phone from the time it start til the time it's over. And when we have the RCA meetings and I come back with this mountain of work...where you think I get that shyt from :lolbron:

Told him this is the final form of IT breh, setting on the phone 18 hours straight explainin shyt to old ass cacs who can barely turn they laptop on. Have fun :umad:

He like breh this shyt killing me I sit in this chair for 5 straight hours I got up to pee and my urine was the color of a strawberry daquiri :dead:

Told him better invest in a wireless headset :umad:

Said he forgot to put his phone back on mute and his dog was barking, some manager yelled WHOEVER THAT IS MUTE YOUR PHONE NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR YOUR DOG DURING THIS shytSHOW :mjlol:

Said he was scared to move for like 2 hours :mjlol:

Oh I'm going to have to go in monday on some :gurl: shyt.

Only thing I'm drinking Monday is tea :gurl: