Givin Away Belts to the less Fortunate...Danny Swift Garcia v Paulie Malignaggi Fight Thread

What Happens??

• Total voters
Daps
Humor me how much PPV will the great David Lemeuix do against GGG :mjlol:

it'll be a good fight

all that matters

you weird fan girls emphasize the dumbest details. everything except wanting to see actual good boxing.

none of the garbage ass fighters you weirdos idolize even have classic fights cuz they stay fighting bums and you stay wanting them to fight bums so you can keep dikkriding them

girly ass tendencies

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
it'll be a good fight

all that matters

you weird fan girls emphasize the dumbest details. everything except wanting to see actual good boxing.

none of the garbage ass fighters you weirdos idolize even have classic fights cuz they stay fighting bums and you stay wanting them to fight bums so you can keep dikkriding them

girly ass tendencies

Swift v Khan wasn't a good fight :usure:

Swift v Matthysse wasn't a good fight :stopitslime:

Swift v Judah wasn't a good fight :aicmon:

Let Swift fight some scrub who lost to Alcine N Rubio type fighters N bet you the "bu bu bu bu but its a good fight" wouldn't matter right :comeon:

Tell me what are these classic GGG fights N classic David Lemeuix fights :russ:

shyt humor me let's compare Swifts resume to GGGs AND Lemeuixs combined....lets see who really is garbage N who has faced better opp N has accomolished more in boxing:youngsabo:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Peterson was 165 on fight night...theres no other Welterweight getting that big...he fought the biggest welterweight he could before growing into the division... It should he easier now from here on

I dont see Swifts chin letting him down...Peterson outbullyed Swift after Swift was gassed hit him with errything but the kitchen sink but Danny didn't fall...besides Chino theres no pressure fighters at 147 to worry about...I'm more worried with Run Time struggle boxing Swifts ass :francis:

If Garcia doesn't gas PED doesn't close out the fight the way he did...Im hoping the gassing issue was the weight N inactivity...If the nikka gasses against Paulie he's fukked at 147
Swift got a p4p chin. Only time I saw him moderately rocked was that surprise shot from Zab and that demonic right hand from Lucas that sent his mouthpiece flying

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Lol Paulie isn't washed up? When's the last time he had a good win? Dude is done man
this is true..if paulie wasn't an idiot and didnt get that cut over his eye sparring so close to that o'connor fight, we can really judge what he has left

but paulie's last good win was prolly when he beat senchenko for that belt..thats 3 years ago

if danny blows him away..good for him..its what you'd expect him to do to a cat who hasn't fought in almost 16 months; if he doesn't and/or struggles he'll get criticized some more :manny:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Lol Paulie isn't washed up? When's the last time he had a good win? Dude is done man

When he beat Zab before he fought Shawn Porter.

He's on the same level that Robert Guerrero is right now. They are both C fighters currently at Welterweight.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
When he beat Zab before he fought Shawn Porter.

He's on the same level that Robert Guerrero is right now. They are both C fighters currently at Welterweight.
I don't like either but paulie is on a higher level at welter than guerrero. Guerrero is in the actual shytter. Paulie hasnt shown the decline that guerrero displayed

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I don't like either but paulie is on a higher level at welter than guerrero. Guerrero is in the actual shytter. Paulie hasnt shown the decline that guerrero displayed

I think Paulie may have a little bit more gas left in the tank at Welterweight, and you're right, Guerrero is basically a gatekeeper at this point. He struggles to beat below average fighters like Kamegai and Martinez:snoop:

At least Paulie fought a competitive fight against AB and basically blanked Judah before fighting Porter. Guerrero has been :scusthov: his last 4 fights imo.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
DANNY GARCIA: "YOU'RE GOING TO SEE A NEW AND IMPROVED DANNY GARCIA...I GOT THAT SNAP BACK"
By Percy Crawford | July 27, 2015

dannygarcia5.jpg

PC: DG, what's good my man?

DG: Ain't nothing much, man. How you doing?

PC: I can't complain, man. Everything is great. August 1st, you back in there. How has training been in preparation for Paulie Malignaggi?

DG: Man, I'm great, man. I feel great, I feel strong, and I'm ready to fight already. I'm just staying focused for the last week and then it's showtime. Everything's good.

PC: Talk about going back where it all started. You will be on the network where you first got your start, which is ESPN. How does it feel to go back to the roots and be fighting on ESPN?

DG: This is great for boxing. This is ESPN, not ESPN2. This is primetime and a bigger stage than Friday Night Fights. I'm just ready, man, I'm prepared and it's going to be a great night of boxing and on August 1st, you're going to see a new and improved Danny Garcia. I can't wait.

PC: Obviously 140 became very difficult to make. Now that you're able to get an extra meal or so in, how do you feel on the way to 147?

DG: I feel good, man. I'm already on weight. I could make weight tomorrow if I wanted to. I only gotta lose about 3 or 4 pounds. I'm good. The weight is coming off good. I've been eating good food. I been on a good diet and eating a lot of food that makes me strong. When I was fighting at 140, I couldn't eat a lot of good food. I didn't have a lot of nutritious foods in me. This time, I get to eat food and be strong throughout training camp and not be all weak the last couple of weeks of sparring. I feel strong, I feel sharp, and I'm ready to go.

PC: When you were on your way to winning titles at 140, you looked fresh and you were stopping a lot of fighters. As it became time to start making a lot of defenses, you could tell the weight was beginning to affect your performances. Now that you're at welterweight, can we expect the old Danny Garcia and what we used to see from you?

DG: Yeah, no doubt. Like you said, in the prime of my career at 140, when I was in my prime at 140, I was knocking dudes out. I put everybody on the canvas. Every fighter I fought, I put them on the canvas. And then it just got to a point where in my last 3 fights, I didn't feel strong anymore. I felt like I was pushing my punches; like I didn't have snap on them like I used to have. I feel like I got that snap back training at 147. I feel strong, I don't have to drain myself anymore. I'm 27 years old now. I'm in the prime of my career and I just feel great.

PC: How long did you compete at 140 pounds?

DG: I have been at 140 since I believe 2007, since the amateurs. I've been at 140 for a long time in my career. That's a long time to do that and I believe I did everything I could do at 140. I fought every 140-pound champion. They were the champion when I fought them. I feel like I am one of the best 140-pound fighters in my opinion; at least in the last 10 years.

PC: When you were told it would be Paulie Malignaggi, what was your reaction?

DG: It is what it is with me. It's like we always do, Al Haymon picks my opponent and I train for the fight. My dad trains me and it's teamwork. I never go against the grain. I believe in destiny and this is the fight Al wanted and I think it's a good fight. Philadelphia vs. Brooklyn. He will bring the Brooklyn fans and I will bring the Philadelphia fans. He has a big fan base in Brooklyn, I got a big fan base in Brooklyn. He's been around. He's a former champion. He was a reigning 40-pound champion, so I think it's a good fight overall.

PC: You have been fighting guys who would be considered more bangers than boxers. Paulie is going to try and dictate the pace with a good jab and great movement. Do you feel like you have been getting the look you need in the gym to prepare for that style?

DG: Yeah, we have been getting guys who is about his height, 5'7"-5'8", that move around a lot and use the jab. They try to use their feet and move in and out. I think we're prepared. We got the perfect sparring, we got the perfect game plan, and now we just gotta go in there and execute.

PC: Paulie is usually a little more vocal and disrespectful to his opponents. On the PBC broadcast, even after they showed your commercial, he's been very respectful to you. Is that a mutual respect or did you expect a little more trash talk from him?

DG: You know, I don't know what's in his mind, but me as a fighter, everybody know that I don't talk, so it is what it is. If he waiting for me to say something so he could say something, it ain't going to happen because I'm not a talker. I like to fight. I like to go in there and handle business. I'm one of the most exciting fighters in boxing and the fans know that. They had 12,300 people at the Barclays for my last fight and that was a record gate at the Barclays Center for boxing. The fans love me. I don't have to talk a good game because I'm going to go in there and fight.

DANNY GARCIA: "YOU'RE GOING TO SEE A NEW AND IMPROVED DANNY GARCIA...I GOT THAT SNAP BACK" || FIGHTHYPE.COM

Last edited:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
We chasing chickens like Rocky :banderas:

:gladbron:

My son just had a wrestling camp with a Cuban Olympic medalist and dude was saying Rocky bit that off the Cubans they've been having their wrestlers and boxers doing it since the 50s possibly longer. I was in the cut like :ohhh:

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
DANNY GARCIA: "FANS GOT HIGH EXPECTATIONS FOR ME...I GOTTA GO OUT THERE AND GIVE A STELLAR PERFORMANCE"
By Percy Crawford | July 28, 2015

dannygarcia4.jpg

PC: Okay, that's how you avoid your opponents trash talk. How do you avoid the social media trash talk because a lot of fans seem to disrespect fighters on there?

DG: I've been the underdog my whole career, you understand, and it's crazy because I've been counted out so many times in my career and I overcame adversity. When everybody in the world thought I was going to lose, I went in there and I won the fight. Since I did that, now it's like, if I don't go in there and perform a certain fight, they feel I don't deserve it and I get criticized, you understand. It seems like Danny Garcia can't win a close fight because people are so used to him knocking people out and winning in fashion. If I could knock everybody out, I would knock everybody out, but at this level, sometimes you win a close fight. And every time I win a close fight, it's like, "Danny Garcia didn't win. He didn't do this or that." The fans got high expectations for me, and I understand that and everything that I read or see just motivates me. At the end of the day, I know how much hard work it takes to be a fighter. I've been doing the same thing since I was 10 years old for 17 years straight in the game of boxing. For somebody who is probably a new fan or just saying what somebody else said, it doesn't affect me because I know the work that I put in to be here. As long as I am happy and my family is happy and my team is happy, that's all that matters.

PC: There are several out there, but you are an undefeated fighter that throws caution to the wind and you don't seem to fight not to lose your 0. You will go in the wheelhouse and fight.

DG: It's like when I'm training for my fights, I'm not even worried about that. I just worry about the task at hand. I gotta go in there and get the job done one fight at a time. When I'm in the ring, I'm never like, "I gotta protect my 0! I can't lose." I'm not thinking of none of that. I know I do what I have to do in the gym. I just go in there like it's another day in the gym and just get the victory.

PC: You are definitely one of the most criticized boxers out there right now. What do you feel you have to do against Malignaggi to quiet the storm so to speak?

DG: I just gotta go in there and be Danny Garcia. I just gotta go in there and fight my fight and be the best that I can be. I trained hard and I gotta go out there and give a stellar performance. I faced a lot of great champions in my career and it seems like I don't get the credit, but it is what it is. I can't go in there and worry about what people want me to do. I have to go in there and do what's best for me and get this victory.

PC: Is this fight on schedule for when you wanted to return to the ring or is it sooner or later than when you wanted to make your return?

DG: I think it's perfect for me. I have my best performances when I'm active. When you're a young fighter and in your prime, it's good to be active and keep your head in the game and be focused. I feel like this is perfect.

PC: You put a video up of your sister holding the mitts for you. I'm sure it's a great feeling to have everyone in your family in tune to what you do for a living.

DG: (Laughing) It's crazy, man. My little sisters have been seeing me train since they were babies and I was a teenager. They were 1-2 years old when they started coming to the gym, so they have been seeing me train since I was 13-14 years old. It was crazy. I was like, "Lets do some pad work and I'll put it on the internet." And she was like, "Alright, cool," so we made it up. It took her like 4 minutes to learn that. We did it and put it up and that was it.

PC: They can sing as well. That's great, man. You have a talented family.

DG: Exactly! She always sings the national anthem at my fights. They have a lot of YouTube videos. They just trying to work hard.

PC: Are you expecting a partial crowd? I know Philly and Brooklyn not that far apart, but are you expecting a pro Malignaggi crowd or pro Garcia crowd?

DG: Ah man, it's crazy because I know Philly is going to be in the building, but I have a lot of fans in New York. Every time I go to New York, the fans just love me, so I know it's going to be a lot of Danny Garcia fans and I know there are going to be a lot of Paulie Malignaggi fans, so it's going to be great. But I think I'm going to have more fans in the building.

PC: As always, I wish you the best of luck. I look forward to the fight. Is there anything else you want to add before I let you go?

DG: I want all the fans to tune in on August 1st on ESPN. They can follow me on Instagram @DannySwiftGarcia, my Twitter @DannySwift and my Facebook fan page Danny Garcia and visit my website www.dsgofficial.com. I also have a new app, DSG App. It's free and it will allow you to stay in tune with what I have going on for the next couple of days leading up to the fight.

DANNY GARCIA: "FANS GOT HIGH EXPECTATIONS FOR ME...I GOTTA GO OUT THERE AND GIVE A STELLAR PERFORMANCE" || FIGHTHYPE.COM