Givin Away Belts to the less Fortunate...Danny Swift Garcia v Paulie Malignaggi Fight Thread

What Happens??

• Total voters

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
If Paulie Malignaggi beat Danny Garcia, that would be a damn near crippling blow to the entire #swiftset bandwagon.

Like, there is literally no way to recover from that. Garcia wont lose this fight though...he's better than that.
i would throw that nikka DEEP in the bushes. i legit would pull a 180 and become @((ReFleX)) 2.0 :russ:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
i would throw that nikka DEEP in the bushes. i legit would pull a 180 and become @((ReFleX)) 2.0 :russ:
I can already sense the force in you just waiting to be unleashed. I know you feel it too. every time you come to danny's defense and you feel yourself being overcome with shame. that's your heart telling you to let go fam.....stop fighting it and let yourself become the man you were meant to be. no more pain....no more fear. just pure ecstasy breh:ahh:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
DANNY GARCIA: "I DEFINITELY FEEL A LOT STRONGER...I'M NOT REALLY CONCERNED ABOUT PAULIE" || FIGHTHYPE.COM
DANNY GARCIA: "I DEFINITELY FEEL A LOT STRONGER...I'M NOT REALLY CONCERNED ABOUT PAULIE"
By Press Release | July 22, 2015
dannygarcia4.jpg

Two of Philadelphia's top fighters held a media workout Tuesday as Danny "Swift" Garcia (30-0, 17 KOs)and Steve "U.S.S." Cunningham (28-7, 13 KOs) prepared for their respective Premier Boxing Champions headlining events in August.

Garcia, who was joined by his father and trainer Angel, will be looking for his record fifth main event victory at Barclays Center on Saturday, August 1 when he takes on former world champion, Paulie "The Magic Man" Malignaggi (33-6, 7 KOs) in a 12-round welterweight battle on Premier Boxing Champions on ESPN at 9:00 p.m. ET/6 :00 p.m. PT.

Here is what Garcia and his trainer had to say Wednesday:

DANNY GARCIA

"There's no reason to go back in my career. The sky is the limit. It's 147 for me now. I definitely feel a lot stronger.

"I'm able to work on things now later in camp. Before I would just be coming in to lose weight. Now I've had great nutrition throughout camp. My legs are there and I'm faster. It's all going to fall into place on August 1.

"I'm not really concerned about Paulie, at this point in my career if I'm 110% percent ready, I feel like I can adapt to anything and find a way to win.

"I couldn't cut the ring off the way I wanted to at 140. Now I have more agility and I can really corner people, use the jab and control the fight.

"My weight is great. I've been really disciplined with what I eat. I'm staying sharp and building muscle. I believe I could have been a welterweight two years ago.

"He's from Brooklyn, I'm from Philly. The fight makes perfect sense. All the Italian fans, the Puerto Rican fans will be coming in to see a great fight. He's a former 147-pound champion, it's going to be a great fight.

"There's no pressure on me. I just want to go in there and be Danny Garcia, a smart Danny Garcia.

"I feel like my style matches up great with anybody at 147. I'm ready for Paulie Malignaggi. I know he's coming into his hometown. It's a big fight for him so I just have to be completely ready.

"I moved up to 147 to fight the best fighters. Whatever the best fights are, that's what I want.

ANGEL GARCIA, Danny Garcia's Father & Trainer

"Danny's going to be ready on August 1 to show the world that he's ready. The power is there. He's coming like a lion in the night. He's going to eat everybody up at 147.

"At the end of the day, you gotta fight. He's not going to win running around. We're coming to smash you."

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
What we've all been waiting For....Angel Garcia Speaks on the PEDerson fight :ahh:

PEDs post fight drug test disappeared N they never got it surprise surprise :aicmon:

"I ain't goin say wtf he was on but it wasn't no god damn red bulls" :dead:
He did gain like 20+ overnight....which is a flag for PED usage we found out:ohhh:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He did gain like 20+ overnight....which is a flag for PED usage we found out:ohhh:

I had my suspicions...but im not in the making excuses business for why my guy didn't look like a killa

But ask yourself how many guys you've seen gain over 20 lbs...moved around excessively in a swimming pool sized ring N did not tired one bit :beli:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
I had my suspicions...but im not in the making excuses business for why my guy didn't look like a killa

But ask yourself how many guys you've seen gain over 20 lbs...moved around excessively in a swimming pool sized ring N did not tired one bit :beli:

mandatory olympic style testing ...instead of focusing on the real problem, boxers lives/brains in the ring, ...haymon is the focus.:francis:

all these dumb ass belt sanction bodies and we can't get nothing done.:scust:

if haymon really enforces mandatory olympic style testing, i would not care if he made up a pbc belt......:lolbron:

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
What if.........Danny comes out and just puts a beating on Paulie. Does he get respect or it's just washed up Paulie ?

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
What if.........Danny comes out and just puts a beating on Paulie. Does he get respect or it's just washed up Paulie ?

To me it would be a decent W N its a decent fight...First fight in a higher weight class you get a pass...look at Floyd fighting Mitchell his first at 147... who was fresh off getting his brains scrambled by kostya tszyu

You already know Swift won't get any credit...they were trying to take credit away from the Peterson fight before it even began...it is what it is :manny:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The network wanted Malignaggi...Allah wanted Malignaggi...Haymon only gives him one name N he always says yes to Als choice @mr. smoke weed

Swift says draining himself slowed him down N tired him out so he couldn't cut off the ring... his nutrition is better...they been working on agility N foot work more...cutting off the ring N his conditioning, hes running more miles now :whew:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
So nikkas really expecting us to believe the NY state athletic commissions are tossing dirty tests into the bushes and having them magically disappear to protect boxing superstar Lamont Peterson :francis:

And putting a fighter who consistently does good business in NY in danger in the process. Here come Struggleset with the conspiracy theories again. :francis:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So nikkas really expecting us to believe the NY state athletic commissions are tossing dirty tests into the bushes and having them magically disappear to protect boxing superstar Lamont Peterson :francis:

And putting a fighter who consistently does good business in NY in danger in the process. Here come Struggleset with the conspiracy theories again. :francis:

There was fukkery with the **** vs Peterson post fight tests...so it wouldn't be the first time...

USADA does post fight tests as well friend...Angel said they never got copies of the post fight tests he didn't say NY or USADA

It doesn't matter either way... jus funny what Angel said...N if PED was dirty he needs a new plug... gain 25 pounds be on PEDs N :stylin:the night away :dead:

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
The network wanted Malignaggi...Allah wanted Malignaggi...Haymon only gives him one name N he always says yes to Als choice @mr. smoke weed

Swift says draining himself slowed him down N tired him out so he couldn't cut off the ring... his nutrition is better...they been working on agility N foot work more...cutting off the ring N his conditioning, hes running more miles now :whew:

That's what I meant in my question, as in we might not see a drastic improvement in footwork but rather if he really hurts him early and pours it on. I'm hoping for a finish.