Givin Away Belts to the less Fortunate...Danny Swift Garcia v Paulie Malignaggi Fight Thread

What Happens??

• Total voters

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Breh Naz praising the Champ of the world for damn near 10 mins :banderas:

"ANY fighter who got something negative to say about Danny Garcia is jus hating"

Bu bu bu but Philly doesn't fukk with Danny :sas2:

Why brother Naz always look like he about to rob your ass? On some :stopitslime:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
More press for a flop of a fight is a sound business decision :smugbiden:

Over here at #swiftset we don't kno what Flop means :dwillhuh:

We do know bout 3.4 million views on NBC N record attendance at the Barclays tho :walnuts:

On Saturday night Barclays goin be poppin N packed with fans....The TV Ratings goin be great....N 147 will see a new boogie man who will be 31-0 :purge:

#swiftset:demonic:

:swift#1:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Here is what Paulie Malignaggi had to say from his media conference call:

PAULIE MALIGNAGGI

"I think styles make fight. From a style point of view there are things that I feel like I'll be able to do against Danny. But I also expect Danny had made some adjustments since those fights.

"You get to the point when you're not in the ring for a while. It's going through my mind that maybe I don't want to fight. But as time went by and I started working out again, I started realizing that it was something I missed. It was something I was still craving. I wanted to be back in there.

"If we're going to talk about the layoff, people are going to talk about the fact that, I haven't fought for a long time. But in reality, I actually haven't trained this consistently in a decade, literally a decade.

"I do feel the sharpness in a gym. I do feel the timing is really good. Obviously my weight has come down. So, that's a good feeling knowing that I have to drop a lot of weight during the training camp just working on the sharpness and keep getting better.

"I'm not looking at it as having any advantages. It's just a matter of matching of my skills to his skills.

"I can't really tell you exactly how I'm going to play it out until I'm in the ring myself. I plan on being the best me possible. I plan on being the sharpest me possible. And right now, in training, I feel really good. The plan is to flow this training camp into a sharp night on August 1st."

PAULIE MALIGNAGGI: "STYLES MAKE FIGHTS...THERE ARE THINGS THAT I FEEL LIKE I'LL BE ABLE TO DO AGAINST DANNY" || FIGHTHYPE.COM

Here is what Danny Garcia had to say from his media conference call and media workout:

DANNY GARCIA

"I'm not really concerned about Paulie, at this point in my career if I'm 110% percent ready, I feel like I can adapt to anything and find a way to win.

"It feels great to be at 147. For the first time in a long time, I could worry about training to get better and not training to lose weight. I've been fighting at 140 my whole career.

"I've been the underdog before, I've been the underdog before and I won. I can't listen to none of that stuff after just going through each fight like I was, mentally prepared, physically prepared going in and get the job done.

"We added things to our workout now. We added a lot of explosive workouts, a lot of agility, a lot of footwork, a lot of things to making you more explosive, things I couldn't do at 140 because I didn't have the energy for it. But now the extra weight is really helping me.

"I'm very confident. I faced a lot of good fighters. I faced a lot of great fighters in my career. I have a lot of experience. I was a big 140-pound fighter. I've never faced a 140-pound fighter who was taller than me or who looked better than me.

"But I feel like at 147, you're going to see a more athletic Danny Garcia and be able to use my legs more, using my jab more and see punches clearer. When you drain yourself as hard to see punches, then you get hit with a lot of dumb punches because your vision is not clear.

"I feel like my vision is going to be a lot clearer and be able to move my head, see the punches better, use my feet. And I think I'm going to be a champion at 147, too. I know so."

DANNY GARCIA: "THE EXTRA WEIGHT IS REALLY HELPING...AT 147, YOU'RE GOING TO SEE A MORE ATHLETIC DANNY GARCIA" || FIGHTHYPE.COM