Givin Away Belts to the less Fortunate...Danny Swift Garcia v Paulie Malignaggi Fight Thread

What Happens??

• Total voters

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
When you take one sentence and turn it into an essay you're doing a lot of assuming there friend. :francis:

It's a conspiracy every time someone feels Danny lost around here. :francis:

This is why i always say that deep down Choc knows Swift lost those fights but he's come too far to jump off the stanwagon now.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I was going to post at the beginning of the thread, but decided not to because I thought I might be the only one with this opinion...turns out everybody has been thinking the same thing.

I think Garcia should win and I don't think Paulie has much left...but I also wouldn't be surprised if Paulie makes Danny look extra struggle.
I don't think Danny has it as an elite fighter. His time is coming.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I was going to post at the beginning of the thread, but decided not to because I thought I might be the only one with this opinion...turns out everybody has been thinking the same thing.

I think Garcia should win and I don't think Paulie has much left...but I also wouldn't be surprised if Paulie makes Danny look extra struggle.
I don't think Danny has it as an elite fighter. His time is coming.

It wouldn't be a Danny Garcia fight without some type of struggle :manny:

The nikka struggle with boxers N hes fighting a boxer...muhfukkers can bring up Porter all they want but Swift fights nothing like Porter :comeon:

From Herrera to PED there was progress... Im looking for progress from PED to Paulie N for the nikka not to get gassed

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
It wouldn't be a Danny Garcia fight without some type of struggle :manny:

The nikka struggle with boxers N hes fighting a boxer...muhfukkers can bring up Porter all they want but Swift fights nothing like Porter :comeon:

From Herrera to PED there was progress... Im looking for progress from PED to Paulie N for the nikka not to get gassed
I am interested in is seeing Garcia fight at 147. We have heard he struggled for awhile making weight at 140 and that in walk around weight he probably is more natural at 147, but I don't necessarily think he "fights big". So I could see 147 being a struggle for him to impose himself on other fighters who may be more physical.

I am hard on him because I think he has handspeed and footwork issues, as well as a dramatic power difference between the left hook and his right hand...those are things he can work on and improve, but I wonder i where at 140 he was a strong fighter with a great chin, if at 147 it looks a lot different.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I am interested in is seeing Garcia fight at 147. We have heard he struggled for awhile making weight at 140 and that in walk around weight he probably is more natural at 147, but I don't necessarily think he "fights big". So I could see 147 being a struggle for him to impose himself on other fighters who may be more physical.

I am hard on him because I think he has handspeed and footwork issues, as well as a dramatic power difference between the left hook and his right hand...those are things he can work on and improve, but I wonder i where at 140 he was a strong fighter with a great chin, if at 147 it looks a lot different.

Peterson was 165 on fight night...theres no other Welterweight getting that big...he fought the biggest welterweight he could before growing into the division... It should he easier now from here on

I dont see Swifts chin letting him down...Peterson outbullyed Swift after Swift was gassed hit him with errything but the kitchen sink but Danny didn't fall...besides Chino theres no pressure fighters at 147 to worry about...I'm more worried with Run Time struggle boxing Swifts ass :francis:

If Garcia doesn't gas PED doesn't close out the fight the way he did...Im hoping the gassing issue was the weight N inactivity...If the nikka gasses against Paulie he's fukked at 147

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Peterson was 165 on fight night...theres no other Welterweight getting that big...he fought the biggest welterweight he could before growing into the division... It should he easier now from here on

I dont see Swifts chin letting him down...Peterson outbullyed Swift after Swift was gassed hit him with errything but the kitchen sink but Danny didn't fall...besides Chino theres no pressure fighters at 147 to worry about...I'm more worried with Run Time struggle boxing Swifts ass :francis:

If Garcia doesn't gas PED doesn't close out the fight the way he did...Im hoping the gassing issue was the weight N inactivity...If the nikka gasses against Paulie he's fukked at 147
With that jab I think Brook is a real tough fight too. I agree, I don't think Swift's chin will leave him hanging at 147. The one fighter whose power is scary is Maidana, but he has enough flaws that you can work around it.
I have just felt that at 140, Danny was the best fighter (although Crawford and Imam make it a lot more interesting) and at 147 I don't think Danny is a bum but when it comes to the top 15 or so at WW, I think Garcia becomes one of the guys, not near "the guy" anymore. He will win some and lose some.
http://boxrec.com/records?reset=1&sex=m&division=Welterweight&status=

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Danny Garcia vows step up in weight means step up in performance

Danny Garcia vows step up in weight means step up in performance

JUL 20, 2015 BY LEM SATTERFIELD
Danny Garcia admittedly lacked intensity and steam on his punches in two of his past three fights, even though he emerged victorious in all of them.

Danny-Garcia-winner.jpg

Danny Garcia will make his 147-pound debut against Paulie Malignaggi on August 1 after defending his 140-pound title five times.

But he claims he will be a “stronger, more athletic Danny Garcia” when he makes his 147-pound debut against Paulie Malignaggi on August 1.

I fought my whole entire career at 140, and losing the weight was hurting my performances," Garcia says. "I made five title defenses. I have nothing else to prove at that weight class. It’s time for me to move up.”

Danny Garcia (30-0, 17 KOs) will face Brooklyn, New York, native Malignaggi (33-6, 7 KOs) on his home turf at Barclays Center in a fight airing on ESPN (9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT).

In my last three fights, including this one, they all have a similar style,” Garcia said. “Those fights have earned me the experience of fighting a similar style to Paulie’s. I’ll get this game plan down and be ready to go on August 1.”

Garcia, 27, returns to the site of his last bout in April, a disputed majority decision over former 140-pound champion Lamont Peterson. The Philadelphia native is 4-0 with two KOs fighting at Barclays Center.

Although his nose was bloodied and there were bruises surrounding his right eye, Garcia denied assertions implied by a widely circulated video that he admitted defeat to Peterson during a post-fight embrace prior to the verdict being announced.

"We easily won nine rounds out of 12," says Angel Garcia, Danny's father and trainer. "So why would Danny go in there talking about he lost? That's something only an idiot would do."

Eight of Garcia’s last 10 fights have been against current or former titleholders, including Erik Morales (twice), Amir Khan and Zab Judah.

“You're talking several straight big victories, one right after another," Garcia said. "There is no other young fighter in the game today who has done that like me.”

Garcia was criticized for fighting Rob Salka in a nontitle bout in August 2014, and for barely edging Peterson at a catchweight of 143 pounds, but he said he feels reborn stepping up to 147.

It’s my luck in boxing that I’m supposed to knock everybody out. I’m one of the few fighters in the world who is not allowed to win a close fight without controversy. But I wasn’t feeling strong anymore,” Garcia said.

“I’m getting older. My body's feeling like I need to move up a weight class. Now that I feel much better, the fans are going to see a new Danny Garcia.”

When the muhfukking Champ wins a belt at 147...So many tears So many excuses :banderas:

#swiftset:demonic:

:purge: