Girl Meets World: First Look at the Matthews Family Portrait

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Define filler for a show about growing up tho? In fact that triangle shyt dragged on way way way too long. That became filler for me. Every episode is dealing with some aspect of growing up for Riley and crew. Now whether we can all ID with it is something different since there's a good chance most people in their 30s or late 20s have no desire to watch a show about 14 and 15 year olds dealing with 14 and15 year old problems
The last episode I saw where they kidnapped that actress :usure:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The last episode I saw where they kidnapped that actress :usure:

Missed it. But that's silly shyt that was in boy meets world as well. The only difference is we were the target audience then lol. We aren't the target audience for this shyt man. Maybe in the first season but since season 2 they've been trying to mold the show around the young stars not the older ones which is the right move to make. But the problem is like I said earlier: they wanted to mold it for them but the younger audience wasn't interested and the older audience tuned out because they weren't interested either. It's weird to say it but they would've been better off following the fuller house model, which was a nice even split but then the show wouldn't have been about Riley and really would've been about Cory as an adult

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
Missed it. But that's silly shyt that was in boy meets world as well. The only difference is we were the target audience then lol. We aren't the target audience for this shyt man. Maybe in the first season but since season 2 they've been trying to mold the show around the young stars not the older ones which is the right move to make. But the problem is like I said earlier: they wanted to mold it for them but the younger audience wasn't interested and the older audience tuned out because they weren't interested either. It's weird to say it but they would've been better off following the fuller house model, which was a nice even split but then the show wouldn't have been about Riley and really would've been about Cory as an adult. [/QUOTE]
Which is what the premise of the show should've been from the get go imo, that way it would've naturally had a more mature theme, but the spinoff is titled GIRL Meets World so...

It's natural to compare the first season of this show to the original, but imo, Girl Meets World just felt like a kid's show. A show for elementary 8-10 year olds, where as Boy Meets World although about kids was more of a family show especially in the early seasons.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Which is what the premise of the show should've been from the get go imo, that way it would've naturally had a more mature theme, but the spinoff is titled GIRL Meets World so...

It's natural to compare the first season of this show to the original, but imo, Girl Meets World just felt like a kid's show. A show for elementary 8-10 year olds, where as Boy Meets World although about kids was more of a family show especially in the early seasons.
That's fine to feel that way but my contention is unless we are a kid in 2016 it's hard to relate man. Like we can go back and watch boy meets world and still relate because it was on when we were children. It was for us. This show is half and half. Maybe if they could do it again they'd go with it being more of a sequel about Cory and topanga with their kid rather than a show about their kid. But it is what it is now. I just understood from jump this show wouldn't always be for me because I'm not 14 nor am I a girl. I had a screenwriter talk to my class in college once and he said that if you're making a high school show, high school kids aren't really watching it but it's the people who want to be in high school which is why a show like saved by the bell was more for kids and billed as a live action Saturday morning cartoon. Now of course he didn't say it's scientific but ratings showed it to be somewhat consistent across the board. So girl meets world wouldn't be watched by high schooo kids or that many adults but mostly kids who are on their way to high school. Same with boy meets world. There are probably few 15 or 16 year olds in 93 or 94 who felt the need to watch boy meets world or anything on TGIF for that matter

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Well we just have different taste then. For me seasons 2 and 3 are all I need on DVD. 1 has its moments but it's not up to par
Girl Meets World plays like a straight up Disney kids show. Boy Meets World didn't. Better writing. Better acting. Better scenarios. And it was more natural. Better dialogue as well.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Define filler for a show about growing up tho? In fact that triangle shyt dragged on way way way too long. That became filler for me. Every episode is dealing with some aspect of growing up for Riley and crew. Now whether we can all ID with it is something different since there's a good chance most people in their 30s or late 20s have no desire to watch a show about 14 and 15 year olds dealing with 14 and15 year old problems

I agree that triangle dragged on for way to long..
They tried to turn Riley/Lucas into Cory/Topanga and it didn't work.
I enjoyed the show and watched with my 15 and 13 year old..

the way Disney and some of these other networks do their breaks is what kills a show... you cant show 16 episodes straight then make me wait a year and a half for new episodes... by the time it returns I forgot about it... and that's what happened to this with my kids and I.... when it returned it Sept we were like .. Oh , its back.. ok.. we'll watch but then never do... they are still on my DVR though.

But I knew the show was slowly dying when they started bringing in every BMW cameo under the sun

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I agree that triangle dragged on for way to long..
They tried to turn Riley/Lucas into Cory/Topanga and it didn't work.
I enjoyed the show and watched with my 15 and 13 year old..

the way Disney and some of these other networks do their breaks is what kills a show... you cant show 16 episodes straight then make me wait a year and a half for new episodes... by the time it returns I forgot about it... and that's what happened to this with my kids and I.... when it returned it Sept we were like .. Oh , its back.. ok.. we'll watch but then never do... they are still on my DVR though.

But I knew the show was slowly dying when they started bringing in ever BMW cameo under the sun

Yeah I don't get this model the networks go with now. Nick does the same shyt with turtles and it irks the hell out of me. Obviously it's different for turtles but you're right in that it's hard forest shows to build momentum or sustain it with the way they air episodes

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah I don't get this model the networks go with now. Nick does the same shyt with turtles and it irks the hell out of me. Obviously it's different for turtles but you're right in that it's hard forest shows to build momentum or sustain it with the way they air episodes

BBC shows like Dr Who does it and it works ... but over here in the US we got attention span like gnats..