Girl Meets World: First Look at the Matthews Family Portrait

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
I gotta be honest it wasn't that good to me gave it several shots and didn't like the show.

writers didn't make it funny enough, too sappy overall

it was like BMW but without all the wild shyt Cory and Shawn used to pull

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
This show was a cool idea but like I said earlier in the thread it shouldn't have been a Disney Channel show. Had the show been on another network it could have been a bit more serious and followed them through high school or maybe longer.

I pretty much dropped it sometime in the first season. It had some irregular airings where they'd show it a week or two then it would it disappear just as long if not longer from their lineup.

Sabrina Carpenter was a special talent. She pretty much carried the show on her back when I was watching it. Maya made the show tolerable and made Riley a better character.

I also think that the show should have focused on the BMW characters and had those kids featured but not entirely the main focus. Let's be honest here the people watching this show were in it for the nostalgia trip and not for the new generation of characters. Basically this whole show was mishandled and it's pretty sad it failed like it did but on Disney it was destined to fail.
I agree and i was hoping it would be more about the adults when it first came out. If the show featured Cory Sean and corys brother it would have made it great for everyone who used to watch it 15 years ago. Even Teenagers now prefer the og show

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
writers didn't make it funny enough, too sappy overall

it was like BMW but without all the wild shyt Cory and Shawn used to pull

It was always going to be a different show from boy meets world based on the main characters being girls and of course it's not the 90s anymore. I think the issue is they were neither fish nor fowl. Like they didn't want it to straight up be a boy meets world sequel but didn't want to shun that either. So the people our age may have tuned out because they didn't lean too heavily into the characters we grew up with and the new generation didn't find anything worth attaching themselves to in order to keep it going. Being on Disney may have hurt too but I'm not sure about all the behind the scenes stuff so I can't speak on it. But just from a creative standpoint they tried to please everyone and ended up pleasing no one which sucks

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
It was always going to be a different show from boy meets world based on the main characters being girls and of course it's not the 90s anymore. I think the issue is they were neither fish nor fowl. Like they didn't want it to straight up be a boy meets world sequel but didn't want to shun that either. So the people our age may have tuned out because they didn't lean too heavily into the characters we grew up with and the new generation didn't find anything worth attaching themselves to in order to keep it going. Being on Disney may have hurt too but I'm not sure about all the behind the scenes stuff so I can't speak on it. But just from a creative standpoint they tried to please everyone and ended up pleasing no one which sucks

I stopped in the middle of season 2

never saw Jack but saw Angela Harley Keiner, Mr Turner and Shawn's dad

the finale has the parents listed, they only were in the 1st season xmas episode once

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
T.G.I.F. was the shyt wish they would show a block of show from it like they use to do on abc family.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So people stopped watching the show but still checked this thread?

I still watch
I stopped in the middle of season 2

never saw Jack but saw Angela Harley Keiner, Mr Turner and Shawn's dad

the finale has the parents listed, they only were in the 1st season xmas episode once

It's not a bad show at all but yeah older heads who wanted it to be more like boy meets world were probably let down. Ignoring that boy meets world took time to become what it eventually became and even then had a lot of pitfalls. Boy meets world really hit its stride for me at the end of season 2 and into season 3. But had it ended after three seasons no one would remember it as well probably lol

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
It'll more than likely get picked up by Netflix. If you do a quick Google search, there's already a petition going around with crazy signatures, and people are tweeting it to Netflix's Twitter page. The binge watch format would be good for this show imo.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It'll more than likely get picked up by Netflix. If you do a quick Google search, there's already a petition going around with crazy signatures, and people are tweeting it to Netflix's Twitter page. The binge watch format would be good for this show imo.

Also I'm sure Netflix would love the co branding of this and fuller house

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Yo this show was pretty hard to get into for extended periods of time. Like if you watch more than one episode ever, you'll immediately get hit with higher and higher levels of boredom. Far too predictable plotlines