Girl Meets World: First Look at the Matthews Family Portrait

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice: I don't know about this one, brehs.

I'm five minutes into the pilot and everything feels so forced, especially the scenes with Cory. The dialogue feels very... off

That said, I think Maya will be the highlight of the show (no pedo :whoa:)

SwagmundFreud

Superstar
Daps
It seems like any other disney show from the past 8 or so years. Very manufactured.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Just got done watching the pilot and I REALLY hope this show stays around for a while. Too be honest I sort of wished this show would have went to Teen Nick so they could have gotten away with certain subject matters. But I like the Riley and Maya characters, like y'all said they are the female versions of the modern day Cory and Shawn.

Farkie had me like :mjlol: when he was jumping all over Cory when the water was coming down in the classroom

I also like how they leave little odes to the loyal fans here and there..like the exchange between Cory and Topanga which had me like :pachaha:

But that ending...with Cory pretty much passing the torch to his daughter

And seeing Mr. Feeny saying "Well done Mr. Matthews :obama:" Had me like :wow: :to:

I hope soon Shawn and Eric show up...

But overall...this show gets a :salute:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:patrice: I don't know about this one, brehs.

I'm five minutes into the pilot and everything feels so forced, especially the scenes with Cory. The dialogue feels very... off

That said, I think Maya will be the highlight of the show (no pedo :whoa:)
Yeah there is a forced feeling with Cory being the teacher who clearly doesn't behave like one. Once you get past that it's a very enjoyable show though.

CapitalOne

Do You Believe...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
i thought it was all right, i guess i'll be checking for it

they gotta get rid of that laugh track tho :scusthov:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Just finished it so here are le thoughts:

Laugh track needs to :camby: shyt makes the show seem bad and amateur when it really isn't

Dialogue is meh but I can forgive that because the characters and the story is very well defined and sometimes the dialogue is potent, just like Boy Meets World but also on the nose....also just like Boy Meets World

As long as Corey and Topanga are there are I'm good but like someone else said, this is more of a show for a new generation so I know a lot of our generation may feel hustled or duped but they shouldn't.

Farkle is funny but he isn't the new Minkus because apparently, he's got older chicks in the subway knowing who he is and giving him props

Everything feels very convenient on the show which I think is a function of kid sitcoms now, which can be forgiven because the show has potential and pilots often feel like that. Mya is a very dope character

With all that said, I do not like how the writers completely missed a poignant moment between Corey and Riley: Corey and Shawn did the SAME EXACT SHYT with the homework walkout, complete with a "Look for, the Union Label" song and dance and that was a perfect moment to have Corey tell Riley "Yeah, I actually would do that and I did but I learned from it, just like you will." I'm not saying they have to completely make him into Feeney but it just irks me when writers play lose with continuity and conveniently forget shyt for the sake of forgetting. Corey even flashed a look like :childplease: this girl doesn't know, I pulled that shyt 20 years ago

All in all, good first episode, not great, definitely looking forward to the rest

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
Watched the first episode this morning..shyt is dope, I definitely will be following this and looking forward to each episode but like someone said, the laugh track gotta go

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
Oh shyt did they
Kill off Mr. Feeny

anyway finished the episode and I'm very impressed. I don't usually watch new shows from the beginning but I'm down for this. The main chick's future boyfriend looks way too old to be in her class and there was a lil goofiness in it but the show felt right. First episode felt like a baton pass from Cory to his daughter. His daughter's best friend is easily the best character on the show. There's lots of potential here. Still I think if you approach this thinking it's Cory and Topanga's show you'll be disappointed. This is the kid's show and the two mains do Cory and Shawn proud.
Yea, that's the way it seemed with the way Cory imagined him being there at the end then him disappearing, it was kinda confusing, I'm not sure

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Just like it did for the original? :comeon:

Breh, most of those TGIF shows were taped in front of live audiences but let's say for the sake of argument Boy Meets World did have a laugh track, at least it sounded like a real audience. This one is so obviously a laugh track and it just throws the feel off for me