Girl Meets World: First Look at the Matthews Family Portrait

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Just finished it so here are le thoughts:

Laugh track needs to :camby: shyt makes the show seem bad and amateur when it really isn't

Dialogue is meh but I can forgive that because the characters and the story is very well defined and sometimes the dialogue is potent, just like Boy Meets World but also on the nose....also just like Boy Meets World

As long as Corey and Topanga are there are I'm good but like someone else said, this is more of a show for a new generation so I know a lot of our generation may feel hustled or duped but they shouldn't.

Farkle is funny but he isn't the new Minkus because apparently, he's got older chicks in the subway knowing who he is and giving him props

Everything feels very convenient on the show which I think is a function of kid sitcoms now, which can be forgiven because the show has potential and pilots often feel like that. Mya is a very dope character

With all that said, I do not like how the writers completely missed a poignant moment between Corey and Riley: Corey and Shawn did the SAME EXACT SHYT with the homework walkout, complete with a "Look for, the Union Label" song and dance and that was a perfect moment to have Corey tell Riley "Yeah, I actually would do that and I did but I learned from it, just like you will." I'm not saying they have to completely make him into Feeney but it just irks me when writers play lose with continuity and conveniently forget shyt for the sake of forgetting. Corey even flashed a look like :childplease: this girl doesn't know, I pulled that shyt 20 years ago

All in all, good first episode, not great, definitely looking forward to the rest

good luck asking for plausible continuity with this wack Gen on anything.

Art Barr

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think they killed off Mr. Feeny. It's probably more that they live in NYC now, and don't live near him. It wouldn't be plausible to have Feeny (and the rest of Corey's family and friends) live in NYC also. Feeny was on that poster saying 'Stay In School' behind him, so it looks like he's still teaching or lecturing somewhere.

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
IGN discussion:

Hope they do this analysis after every episode:ehh:

Might as well make this the official thread..2 more hours until the premiere, I'm gonna watch but things won't get interesting until the second episode since a lot of us have already saw the 1st show a month ago.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
shyt isn't gonna last 7 years, but I'm interested to see if it becomes a generation defining show.

Riley gonna be one of the child stars who has ass pics later tho I can tell

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
this shyt was terrible :mjlol:

seriously,if youre over 10 and watching this please kill yourself

this shyt is nothing like boy meets world.Its just like any other show disney has done recently but 10 times worse

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
this shyt was terrible :mjlol:

seriously,if youre over 10 and watching this please kill yourself

this shyt is nothing like boy meets world.Its just like any other show disney has done recently but 10 times worse
which version of Boy Meets World? The show was constantly retooled as the kids got older. Other than the Farkle parts this show is decent.I don't reall

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
which version of Boy Meets World? The show was constantly retooled as the kids got older. Other than the Farkle parts this show is decent.I don't reall

It's ok. People forget Boy Meets World started out strictly as a kids/family show where some corny thing happened in that first season