Gillie Da Kid Earthworm Looking Ahh Goes Completely Off on BIRDMAN After his Interview with Wack100 🟥 "I'm Bigger & Got More Money Than Him Man!!

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I been listening to Major Figgas since 98, Wayne used Gillie's flow on that song

Before The Carter dropped, I heard some freestyles from Weezy and he sounded like a Philly nikka w/ a southern drawl...he went from an afterthought to hot bc he started rhyming like Gillie...Wayne evolved from that Carter 1 style but that's the foundation that took his career to the next level

I'm not 100% sure, but I also think Gillie wrote Stunna's verse on What happened to that boy
Agree to disagree.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
Birdman. There must have been a point where he would open up CD cases of Cash Money artists, smoke, and appreciate the art. Like 30 times. Modern art.

Then you have this vlog guy Gillie.

He will never be on Birdman's level.

From I need a bag of dope to Drake.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
No one said anything about when the SQ mixtapes "started'. The point was that you said Gillie wasn't signed or around for when they were still doing them.

:comeon:

More cap. The entire point was you saying Wayne switched everything up on the sqad tapes when gillie came to cash money…when he was making the sqad tapes and transitioned stylistically, again …YEARS BEFORE GILLIE WAS EVER AROUND…I initially thought maybe you just didn’t know what the fukk you’re talking about, but now it’s clear you’re doing this cap shyt on purpose…you’re on some intellectually dishonest Tucker Carlson bad faith argument type timing

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I can't recite any Gilly lyrics...

These types of takes are the problem. It’s the same thing goin on with Drake-budden. When nggas just ignore artistic merit and pay attention to what’s popular :scust:And then we wonder why outsiders steal our shyt.

And btw, I can’t name any of the artists Elvis stole from either :mjtf:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
:comeon:

More cap. The entire point was you saying Wayne switched everything up on the sqad tapes when gillie came to cash money…when he was making the sqad tapes and transitioned stylistically, again …YEARS BEFORE GILLIE WAS EVER AROUND…I initially thought maybe you just didn’t know what the fukk you’re talking about, but now it’s clear you’re doing this cap shyt on purpose…you’re on some intellectually dishonest Tucker Carlson bad faith argument type timing

400 degrees came out in 02...how was Weezy spittin on 400 degrees

The Carter came out in 04

Weezy started rapping like Gillie by late 03...by 04 he capitalized off of Gillie's flow

Gillie was still around Cash Money through 03 & 04

It's crazy ppl don't see Weezy stole his style

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Serious question…did Gillie ever say what actual songs he allegedly ghostwrote for Wayne?
did gillie ever put out a album worthy enough to make those claims

Xql2oDX.gif

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not sure if he wrote anything, as he’s never pinpoint which records, I’m assuming Birdman must’ve made him sign something, but that record off of Tha Carter that goes, “ I shoot ya arm,leg,leg,arm,head” is definitely some Philly shyt. That’s 5% slang, A.L.L.A.H. You not bout to tell me Wayne c00n ass came up with that on his own.

The gillie influence is obvious to anyone who is old enough to remember. Carter 1 is my fav Wayne album by far

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Writing for somebody and them learning from you are different things.

I'm okay with Wayne going with a more typical East Coast style as he matured. All Hip Hop is some version of the original NY style.

I have been trying to sound like them since I first started rapping in 83. Of course there was no other version to choose from.