Gillie Da Kid Earthworm Looking Ahh Goes Completely Off on BIRDMAN After his Interview with Wack100 🟥 "I'm Bigger & Got More Money Than Him Man!!

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The influence was most definitely there but I think Gillie overplayed it trying to act like he WROTE for Wayne... as I've always said when it came to this... Wayne been writing since a kid. He never needed nobody to write for him.

But the switching of the swag is super evident but it's hard to quantify cuz Gillie don't have hits or fans of his music like that (not trying to be funny).

Like most of us here, I'm prolly a rap "nerd" so to speak... so mfs like us may have tapped into different sources or been around for all this to really see the change and influence in Wayne etc...

There was a random Gillie freestyle I peeped way back in HS where you could hear it clear as day... couldn't find it last time I tried to look.

Wayne's last verse on "Oh No" comes to mind for me off the top of my head where you can hear the heavy Gillie influence... (and see it... Wayne would screw his face and lips like Gillie back then pause :dame:) also lil shyt like sayin "bul" back then or calling any or every truck a "Jeep" was dead giveaways that I only noticed from meeting and hanging with a bunch of Philly cats when I went to college.

I say all that to say I highly doubt Gillie wrote a bar for Wayne... but when you hanging out and tied in with another artist and y'all cool and really vibe, there's going to be similarities that rub off. There's plenty of Young Thug verses where you can literally sub in Future voice and it would sound the same.

EDIT: Dude linked the XXL where Gillie spoke on it before shyt got crazy...Gillie was just salty from being exiled from the camp at a time Wayne was the hottest shyt out and THEN start saying he wrote for him.

1:35 mark til the end

This is the freestyle I saw way back in the day and could clearly notice that Wayne was influenced with the flow and even facial expressions.

You can definitely see the influence

I doubt Gillie actually wrote for Wayne though

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Ain’t no way. I need to see it to believe it…it just doesn’t make sense monetarily to give them that much for what they bring in return. I don’t believe Cam and Mase got no 50 ms either

Cam and mase just started. Aren't they self funded right now? Of course they don't have that

Barstool Sports is huge. Million Dollars worth of game is really popular. I don't know necessarily believe that 50-100m but they got something

All these companies took major losses on podcasts and can't recoup

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
You can definitely see the influence

I doubt Gillie actually wrote for Wayne though

Gillie said Baby gave him $200,000, but wanted him to play the background and just write sh*t for them. So he said he did that for a couple years to get his money situation right and then decided to leave. While he was on the label, he said he helped Wayne the whole time, which is why he felt disrespected when Wayne ended up dissing him later on some track with Baby.

CoCKy GeNiuS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gillie gave Wayne some sauce which doesn't necessarily mean he wrote anything for him. Just a strong influence on his style.

It's similar to how Detroit rappers have been giving all these rappers sauce for the past 4-5 years without necessarily writing their raps.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
400 degrees came out in 02...how was Weezy spittin on 400 degrees

The Carter came out in 04

Weezy started rapping like Gillie by late 03...by 04 he capitalized off of Gillie's flow

Gillie was still around Cash Money through 03 & 04

It's crazy ppl don't see Weezy stole his style

You must have never heard that album
500 degreez definitely has tracks where the eastcoast flow was bubbling and the BMJR persona ...
SQ1 came out in 2002

"holla at Bird Gang Dipset up in Harlem"

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
You must have never heard that album
500 degreez definitely has tracks where the eastcoast flow was bubbling and the BMJR persona ...
SQ1 came out in 2002

"holla at Bird Gang Dipset up in Harlem"

Gillie was signed to Cash Money in 01

500 Degreez Weezy is nothing like Carter 1 Weezy

Gillie was around 01-04 and by 04 Wayne soaked up all his mannerisms, flow and aura :mjlol:

Nikka even was using the same rapping temperament as Gillie :mjlol:

Weezy's transformation was complete by 04 thx to Gillie...these are the facts

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
Gillie was signed to Cash Money in 01

500 Degreez Weezy is nothing like Carter 1 Weezy

Gillie was around 01-04 and by 04 Wayne soaked up all his mannerisms, flow and aura :mjlol:

Nikka even was using the same rapping temperament as Gillie :mjlol:

Weezy's transformation was complete by 04 thx to Gillie...these are the facts

And you still spelled the album wrong and mischaracterized the content on it :yeshrug:

500 degreez/SQ1 was the start of the pivot in sound and Gillie simply was a shyt rapper no matter if he "inspired" Wayne to look to the East for influence :yeshrug:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
And you still spelled the album wrong and mischaracterized the content on it :yeshrug:

500 degreez/SQ1 was the start of the pivot in sound and Gillie simply was a shyt rapper no matter if he "inspired" Wayne to look to the East for influence :yeshrug:

He didn't just inspire Wayne...he was the blueprint for Wayne's transformation

Wayne rapped like a Philly nikka...what is hard to fathom about that??

Nikka wore his MF chain, stole his flow, copied his mannerisms, duplicated his aura

I lived through the Major Figgas era & the OG CMR era to the Carter era...if Gillie never signed to Cash Money, Wayne would still be wobbity-wobbity weezy :mjlol:

Daps
The influence was most definitely there but I think Gillie overplayed it trying to act like he WROTE for Wayne... as I've always said when it came to this... Wayne been writing since a kid. He never needed nobody to write for him.

But the switching of the swag is super evident but it's hard to quantify cuz Gillie don't have hits or fans of his music like that (not trying to be funny).

Like most of us here, I'm prolly a rap "nerd" so to speak... so mfs like us may have tapped into different sources or been around for all this to really see the change and influence in Wayne etc...

There was a random Gillie freestyle I peeped way back in HS where you could hear it clear as day... couldn't find it last time I tried to look.

Wayne's last verse on "Oh No" comes to mind for me off the top of my head where you can hear the heavy Gillie influence... (and see it... Wayne would screw his face and lips like Gillie back then pause :dame:) also lil shyt like sayin "bul" back then or calling any or every truck a "Jeep" was dead giveaways that I only noticed from meeting and hanging with a bunch of Philly cats when I went to college.

I say all that to say I highly doubt Gillie wrote a bar for Wayne... but when you hanging out and tied in with another artist and y'all cool and really vibe, there's going to be similarities that rub off. There's plenty of Young Thug verses where you can literally sub in Future voice and it would sound the same.

EDIT: Dude linked the XXL where Gillie spoke on it before shyt got crazy...Gillie was just salty from being exiled from the camp at a time Wayne was the hottest shyt out and THEN start saying he wrote for him.

1:35 mark til the end

This is the freestyle I saw way back in the day and could clearly notice that Wayne was influenced with the flow and even facial expressions.

the gillie freestyle thats that carter 2 wayne :wow:

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Gillie and them Chicago nikkas changed the whole vibe at Cash Money

From lingo to rap to style of dress...

Birdman went from calling bytches bytches in soulja reeboks to wearing Gucci and calling bytches "ma"...

nikkas like Gillie/Cory Gunz/Jae millz were not there to drop albums...

They were there to get "studied" and for wayne to morph it into something that was gonna bring a bag back...

We not gonna even discuss bird and wayne saying what up 5 lol...

It doesn't take away from anyone's accomplishments, but we gotta give the role players their shine cuz they had a part to play as well

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
I have a question or rather some observations.

Did Wayne rapping style swich up, yes. Here are my questions. When did Gillie come to CMR? I actually don't know.
What year?

Here are my observations:

Exhibit A:
Turk's album came out in 2001, Young and Thuggin and there is a song on there that featured Wayne that made it clear to me his style switched.
This song was (released) on Turk's album which came out in April 2001. The song could have been recorded earlier that 2001 year or maybe in 2000, who knows, CMR stated that they would record, record and record songs, so that song could have been old or done in late 2000, or mid 2000. Again who knows, my question would be, Was Gillie around? One can see Wayne's style has switched. He is fitting (as one said) 100 words in a bar on this song.

Wayne dropped Lights Out in 2000 and I don't know if he's rapping in this style on that album? Someone can help me out. I was not a fan of that album, but this song below, his style changed and when I heard the song, I said, dayum he murdered Turk on that song. I cut the song off in Turk's verse. Notice Turk's flow and compare Wayne's flow which is much mature than Turk, or is much different.

Wayne goes on to drop The Drought 1 in 2002, January. I don't know if Gillie's on the roster.
I am not sure if anything came out before The Drought 1, meaning any of the Sqad Tapes.
Someone would have to fact check that question.

What I do know is Turk's song was when I heard the switch, I do know the switch came on songs on The Drought in 2002 Jan

Also, folks so zero'd in on Waynes flow BUT, nobody ever talks about the other sqad members, Nut, aka Kidd Kidd, Gudda Gudda, T Streets, etc. Their style matched Wayne's style on those songs. They were rapping in the same realm, frequency as Wayne on those mixtape songs.
So did Gillie switch up their flow too?
Fact check the songs also on Wayne's 2000 release Lights Out and see if on any of those B cuts can one say that his style is changing.
I can't say for sure because that was an album I rarely listened to.

But that 2000-2001 time frame is when Wayne's flow switched.
I'm not sure if Gillie was or was not in the CMR camp

Philly/NY had a big influence on NO around that time. Magnolia Twins spoke on that. Jay, Beans, State Prop, Dip Set. It wasn't just Wayne.

BG Derrick and Khyaotic were switching up with the Philly flows throughout the Undisputed mixtape and were on the point of creating some new shyt. I said it before, I fully believe BG Derrick would've had a The Carter type album before Wayne dropped.

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
If gillie and wallo got 50 mil for that bum as show

It was definetly some soul selling involved
Idgaf

Them nikkas corny