Giants Tight End Daniel Fells Could Lose Foot To MRSA Infection

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Wait... your doctor is telling you to use medicated hand soap? I assume you already have an infection in that hand that you're trying to treat, right? Otherwise, that's just... all kinds of overkill and does nothing other than speed the rate at which bacteria become resistant.

Ask your doctor, he/she will tell you the same thing.

the antibacterial joans are actually worse for dealing with mrsa than regular soap becuase we had "good" bacteria on our hands to defend against shyt like mrsa. I'm a licensed esthetician so knowing about and being cognicient of these type of infections and bloodborne diseases is a huge part of the gig.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait... your doctor is telling you to use medicated hand soap? I assume you already have an infection in that hand that you're trying to treat, right? Otherwise, that's just... all kinds of overkill and does nothing other than speed the rate at which bacteria become resistant.

Ask your doctor, he/she will tell you the same thing.

Yeah... I've read medical reports on how the overuse of antibacterial gels and what not are weakening our immune systems...

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
First off, thoughts & prayers out to Fells. It's one thing to be injured but it's another thing to lose a body part to a sport.

Having said that:

Nursie:

That was another good idea! You are so clever today, you better be careful your foot doesn't fall off.

Queen Elizabeth:
Does that happen, when you have lots of brilliant ideas? Your foot falls off?

Nursie:
Certainly does! My brother, he had this brilliant idea of cutting his toenails with a scythe, and his foot fell off.

:mjlol: :mjlol:

Carlos Huerta

Just keep my rep red
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the antibacterial joans are actually worse for dealing with mrsa than regular soap becuase we had "good" bacteria on our hands to defend against shyt like mrsa. I'm a licensed esthetician so knowing about and being cognicient of these type of infections and bloodborne diseases is a huge part of the gig.
:dwillhuh:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Pretty much.. Hospitals and dentists offices are crawling with it.

I know someone who got it from some infected clippers. A kid in D.C. actually died after going to the barber. That rubbing alcohol after an edge up is a must.. Make sure even after you get home you take a cotton swab and rub alcohol anywhere a blade has been on your head or face.

Taking a lot of anti biotics can actually make it worse because your body builds up a resistance to it. They actually sell some medicated soap at Wal Greens that's expensive as hell but cleans all the bacteria from your skin. I'm a hypochondriac, so I don't play around with sh1t like this at all.

:dame: