Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge - 12 Reasons To Die Pt 2 Album Discussion Thread

How Do You Rate This Album?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
overseas they put the day first, so, if the info was from a foreign site, "10/07/2015" would be July 10th

and on this whole Ghostface thing, something lost in the argument is that all these projects aren't Ghost's. Even though he's featured, he's still playing a role as opposed to making his own album.

12 Reasons to Die 1 & 2 is an Adrian Younge project that features Ghost. Him & his girl came up with the idea & presented it to Ghost to do.

36 Seasons is a Revelations album that features Ghost. They had a script for the story Ghost was working off of before he even started recording.

Sour Soul is a BADBADNOTGOOD album that features Ghost.

None of these projects are Ghost coming through and, besides rapping, doing one of his strengths on his albums which is selecting beats, sequencing and putting together a full album of his own. These are other people's albums so, even with Ghost featured, it's going to sound way different than Ghost's own stuff. Add in that a couple are concept story albums and he's telling someone else's story and you begin to get the picture of why these projects sound so different, not just as Ghost projects but why Ghost sounds so different on them.

If you want that type of Ghost, wait til SC 2 and see how he's holding up on his own creations then but don't expect these collabo story album projects to be in the same vein as a Ghost album. Regardless if you end up ultimately liking them or not, if you go in expecting a usual Ghostface album, you're going to be disappointed first listen because it's not that and wasn't going to be that.

Even if you still end up disliking it, it's better to throw it on informed and check it for what it is than to toss on this "new Ghostface" and be thrown off by story EPs that are 1/3 instrumentals, ya know?

Eloquently said, Buddah. And I've been basically saying the same thing in everyone of these Ghost threads after these cats come in and try to derail. Them actually trying to derail the Raekwon: FILA thread with the "oooo, Ghost is wack now" talk is all anyone needs to see to show them that they're full of sh!t.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
overseas they put the day first, so, if the info was from a foreign site, "10/07/2015" would be July 10th

and on this whole Ghostface thing, something lost in the argument is that all these projects aren't Ghost's. Even though he's featured, he's still playing a role as opposed to making his own album.

12 Reasons to Die 1 & 2 is an Adrian Younge project that features Ghost. Him & his girl came up with the idea & presented it to Ghost to do.

36 Seasons is a Revelations album that features Ghost. They had a script for the story Ghost was working off of before he even started recording.

Sour Soul is a BADBADNOTGOOD album that features Ghost.

None of these projects are Ghost coming through and, besides rapping, doing one of his strengths on his albums which is selecting beats, sequencing and putting together a full album of his own. These are other people's albums so, even with Ghost featured, it's going to sound way different than Ghost's own stuff. Add in that a couple are concept story albums and he's telling someone else's story and you begin to get the picture of why these projects sound so different, not just as Ghost projects but why Ghost sounds so different on them.

If you want that type of Ghost, wait til SC 2 and see how he's holding up on his own creations then but don't expect these collabo story album projects to be in the same vein as a Ghost album. Regardless if you end up ultimately liking them or not, if you go in expecting a usual Ghostface album, you're going to be disappointed first listen because it's not that and wasn't going to be that.

Even if you still end up disliking it, it's better to throw it on informed and check it for what it is than to toss on this "new Ghostface" and be thrown off by story EPs that are 1/3 instrumentals, ya know?
:ohhh:
Ghost bringing the eloquence outta brehs :russ:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I know Cacplex rips off the Coli. What if Ghost's management reads our threads? I think it's important to communicate that a noticeable percentage of his fans are dissatisfied with his releases.
You can try to email them directly or hit up their Twitter/IG account directly?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
It's not about the other rappers.
It's not about imagining what his next album is going to sound like.
These live albums have been very disappointing. So when I see that he's dropping yet another live album which he didn't put together I'm like: 'what's the science?'
Where's Blue & Cream?
As a fan I'm tired of hearing him forcing these concepts/stories. At this point it's not even organic.
Ghost is live when he talks about making crackheads with noses like Floyd's pop do 50 push ups in Marcy.
It's not like he dropped a classic with these live joints...so why is he recreating them?

The hipster publications/bloggers love this shyt. I don't think they understand who ghost is. It's kind of crazy seeing ghost fans turning into questlove enthusiasts type nikkas.

What is going on?
Y'all really bumping these live tracks like that? You play these shyts right
after r.a.g.u, whip me with a strap, yolanda's house or even a 'purified thoughts'?

Come on @Billy Ocean. I feel lightweight disrespected by some of your posts. are you calling me a homosexual weirdo for not rocking with these albums? Really?

Im not disrespecting ghost.
But to claim Ghost is on some next level shyt just because others aren't doing it is a bit too much.

edit: the fact raekwon is on it is a good thing, them 2 together is never not fly.
I hope Ghost shows up on this one.
Regardless of how you feel about it, there's definitely some truth in this post :francis:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
:comeon: You been one of them n!ggas too, breh. Stop it
It is what it is breh :manny:

36 Seasons and Sour Soul were cool but Adrian Younge fell flat on 12 Reasons to me....maybe he's improved for this but I'm not expecting too much :francis:

In any event, you can't front on that post man. Like I said, these albums for the most part have been good, but nikkas need more scooby snack jurassic plastic gas booby traps.

And if he's gonna keep going with these stories, he needs to be more like Malcolm, out the window with the joint, hoodied up, blood in his eye while he lets 2 fly like "fukk it"

He had nikkas duckin shyt :damn:

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
And if he's gonna keep going with these stories, he needs to be more like Malcolm, out the window with the joint, hoodied up, blood in his eye while he lets 2 fly like "fukk it"

:snoop: when y'all n!ggas gonna realize he can't rhyme like that on these concept, story albums?

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Like I said, these albums for the most part have been good, but nikkas need more scooby snack jurassic plastic gas booby traps.

Ten years working for me, you wanna tap shyt?!

He had nikkas duckin shyt :damn:

One kid hollerin' "what", lookin up, HE THE BIG WIG!

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
:snoop: when y'all n!ggas gonna realize he can't rhyme like that on these concept, story albums?
Ok, how about not make another one then? :yeshrug:

His position as one of the top storytellers in hiphop was solidifed long before these albums with better songs.

I'll always check for new Ghost but lowkey....enough is enough my nikka. We want that raw shyt :francis:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
We want that raw shyt :francis:

story of my fascination with hip hop. If it aint raw, I'm not checking for it.

Ghost in that video's talking about his BadBadNotGood track going #1 in cac heaven Australia. You think nikkas in Stapleton give A fukk about BadBadNotGood?!

cmon son! In the words of Pee, we want them "burnt biscuits!" Beats and flows.

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
story of my fascination with hip hop. If it aint raw, I'm not checking for it.

Ghost in that video's talking about his BadBadNotGood track going #1 in cac heaven Australia. You think nikkas in Stapleton give A fukk about BadBadNotGood?!

cmon son! In the words of Pee, we want them "burnt biscuits!" Beats and flows.

Shut your b!tch ass up, troll.

KILLAKUTT7

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK
Sour Soul was :ohlawd:
I'm still on the hunt for the vinyl for that :whew:

yea i got the sour soul vinyl from getitdown or amazon- that shyt is sick on vinyl

Bunch of Ghost, Rae and Rza. Looks good to me.

tracklisting is sick- looks like it will be much better than the first one- but i def liked the first one too

ghost just lacing us with more n more heat

my nikka ghost top 3 dead or alive

but what mc even in your top 10 of all time is putting out this much dope music?

nobody but that nikka with the illest catalogue in hip hop history: the man with no face my nikka ghostface killah