Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge - 12 Reasons To Die Pt 2 Album Discussion Thread

How Do You Rate This Album?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
My dude, don't PM me. I'm not your homie like that. If you wanna have respectful private convo then that's cool. But pm-ing me on some dumb shyt....

I'm not in NY. what does that have to do with anything.

This is exactly the response I expected from this puss ass coward.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Half the people in this thread ain't buying his albums anyway....but act like Ghost is knocking on their door anytime he has an album out. You can ignore this album, you can pretend Ghost stopped rapping after "Supreme Clientele". I think Jay-Z should've retired like 5 albums ago, I'm not all in his threads like :francis: "so, another Jay album?"

As far as the bolded....I'm saying, what's the beef with that? :dwillhuh: He's a rapper, let him rap.

Fred.
The convo was about whether his recent works were on the level of his earlier ones...some said yea....some said no....I'm in the "no" crowd...but I appreciate the music:yeshrug:. If ghost Rae Sean price mop etc. weren't still cookin anything I'd be forced to rock with young thug...I don't want that:whoa:, so I'm grateful...but the convo was about what the convo was about...I know Tony can raise his game a bit...the proof is in his feature verses on F.I.L.A :whoo:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
No one's mad at Ghost still putting out music. We're mad that he's putting out several bullshyt albums in a row with zero standout cuts between all of them.

and quit using Prince as an example. He aint hip hop.

Hip hop prides itself on being fresh and on point. And if you aren't on point, get the fukk off the stage. It's been embedded into the culture from day one. And frankly, it's the one thing that kept the genre incredible in its glory years.

Now we've got :flabbynsick: rappers, producers, DJs, record execs, promoters, radio programmers, etc and people wonder why modern hip hop is total shyt, but wont call out the people responsible for keeping the bar low.

Son, I can use whatever I want as an example.

I been into rap longer than 99% of this board has been alive....and in theory I get what you're saying. But you're going overboard and filtering the rules through your own personal perceptions.

You thinking Ghost fell off =/= he needs to stop putting out music. It means you should probably stop checking for him....and that's it. I don't understand coming into the thread of someone you think fell off years ago, to comment on the sequel of an album you had no interest in, in the first place.

I've never been overly fond of "12 Reasons To Die" but some of you cats are acting like Ghost putting out an album is an affront to your very existence....like I said, just don't check for it. He ain't gonna stop putting out music because somebody on a message board thinks he fell off. Generally speaking I think you're a good poster but you aren't The God Emperor Of Hip-Hop to be telling cats when they should stop rapping, breh. Basically the only power you have is to ignore what you don't like, and you're choosing not to do that.

Fred.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC

I been into rap longer than 99% of this board has been alive....and in theory I get what you're saying. But you're going overboard and filtering the rules through your own personal perceptions.

You thinking Ghost fell off =/= he needs to stop putting out music. It means you should probably stop checking for him....and that's it. I don't understand coming into the thread of someone you think fell off years ago, to comment on the sequel of an album you had no interest in, in the first place.

I've never been overly fond of "12 Reasons To Die" but some of you cats are acting like Ghost putting out an album is an affront to your very existence....like I said, just don't check for it. He ain't gonna stop putting out music because somebody on a message board thinks he fell off. Generally speaking I think you're a good poster but you aren't The God Emperor Of Hip-Hop to be telling cats when they should stop rapping, breh. Basically the only power you have is to ignore what you don't like, and you're choosing not to do that.

Fred.

Exactly why hex one of the best posters on here.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC

Fred.
:whoo:
:ohlawd:
:salute:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps

Then keep it hip hop or it's borderline irrelevant. Why use a weak example to illustrate your point? It doesn't help anyone.

If you are as old as you say you are, you know damn well what I'm talking about. Hip hop is not interested in wack and :flabbynsick: Our whole culture is centered on, "you're wack, get the fukk off the stage."

It's applied to rappers like Rakim, KRS, Kane etc who are arguably greater than Ghost. But because it's your favorite rapper now, the rules don't apply?

I never said Ghost should stop putting out music. But if it's several trash releases in a row, best believe I'll clown him for it. And maybe he should stop putting out music and focus his life on other things. It's called growth.

He doesn't even sound inspired. It's different if he's experimenting while inspired. We understand that experiments fail. But they also succeed. If you put your heart into something and aim for quality, you'll get at least ONE standout track per album. It's bound to happen.

Ghost has released albums full of zero standout tracks. Stop cosigning mediocrity. It's weird that cats like you don't see how :flabbynsick: rappers contribute to the game being fukked up. All you see are young acts turning up. But we're not leading by example if we're allowing old rappers to lower the bar.

I've never been overly fond of "12 Reasons To Die" but some of you cats are acting like Ghost putting out an album is an affront to your very existence....

We're passionate hip hop fans on a forum designed for us to be passionate. The fukk is your problem? I'll enter any thread I want because that's what the internet is for.

If you don't wanna read contrary opinions, log the fukk off. This aint for you.

like I said, just don't check for it. He ain't gonna stop putting out music because somebody on a message board thinks he fell off. Generally speaking I think you're a good poster but you aren't The God Emperor Of Hip-Hop to be telling cats when they should stop rapping, breh. Basically the only power you have is to ignore what you don't like, and you're choosing not to do that.
Fred.

Who ever said I was? I've never bestowed that title on myself. It's sensitive nikkas who look at my comments, see how sharp they are, and assume I'm positioning myself as an emperor.

I'm not a fukking emperor. Never have been. I just talk sharp because I'm rebellious and analytical by nature. SirBiatch. Monsieur Biatch if you must. I'm not saying I'm always right. Sometimes I'm wrong. But I like to think critically about shyt and for someone to come with a better explanation to prove me wrong.

And this is HIP HOP - this culture is built on us not holding our tongues. Keeping it real. Saying the shyt that's difficult to say but must be said.

It's pathetic to me when these threads devolve into people arguing over someone's right to say something. And I'm thinking: "aren't y'all hip hop fans? You're mad that someone's being blunt? Shouldn't we be discussing if what was said is actually true or not, before catching feelings like bytches?"

And respectfully, I could care less how old you are. I know nikkas older than you that faked the funk. Cats who don't know shyt about the genre despite being there in its formative years.

I'm not saying you're one of those dudes. And I like your posts. You seem like a good cat. So that's that.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Fred.

:whew:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@SirBiatch beating a dead horse also comes into play. We are very aware of how you feel about Ghost. I personally agree with parts of it but still appreciate the big homie releases even if they aren't what they used to be. Unless it's something new, save it. I don't go in every Eminem thread saying he fell the fukk off. I've stated my claim, and let his fans cook. Every Ghost thread ends up the same way with y'all.... The thread gets derailed and genuine fans discussing the music becomes impossible

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
@SirBiatch beating a dead horse also comes into play. We are very aware of how you feel about Ghost. I personally agree with parts of it but still appreciate the big homie releases even if they aren't what they used to be. Unless it's something new, save it. I don't go in every Eminem thread saying he fell the fukk off. I've stated my claim, and let his fans cook. Every Ghost thread ends up the same way with y'all.... The thread gets derailed and genuine fans discussing the music becomes impossible

we can't discuss the music because dudes get sensitive about what you say. Most of these cats in here don't have the critical thinking skills to discuss music in a satisfying way.

Instead of asking someone to 'not post', isn't it easier to just ignore, if you really feel it's a troll comment?

I know Cacplex rips off the Coli. What if Ghost's management reads our threads? I think it's important to communicate that a noticeable percentage of his fans are dissatisfied with his releases.

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Well even if this dont come out, it certainly gave us some :whoo: posts :pachaha:

NVious

Only Built 4 Cuban Minx
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Grand Rapids, Michigan
The first 12 reasons to die was a broadway play. You gotta have that mindset to settle down into the groove of the album sonically. It ain't for nikkas with no patience or casual music listeners. I'm not saying that to sound elite, that's just what it was... chill out, grab a bottle of wine and nothing but a dim living room lamp on, and listen to that shyt. 36 seasons was fukkin dope. Sour Soul felt like a muted retread, but in of itself it's a beautiful album. It made me download BADBADNOTGOOD's catalogue, even though I haven't listened to it yet. I loved Sour Soul for what it was. I see this string of albums as an era in of itself, like how Stevie Wonder or NaS had their musical eras. I haven't figured out what to call it yet though.:patrice:

77R1WdC.jpg

Waitin on the next additions to the collection.:mjcry:

I see Gangrene, Guilty Simpson, & a couple Gil Scott-Heron albums in there too. Damn good taste in music.

Daps / pos rep. :salute:

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Other sites are posting an early July release date, not October. I'm hoping that's true.

overseas they put the day first, so, if the info was from a foreign site, "10/07/2015" would be July 10th

and on this whole Ghostface thing, something lost in the argument is that all these projects aren't Ghost's. Even though he's featured, he's still playing a role as opposed to making his own album.

12 Reasons to Die 1 & 2 is an Adrian Younge project that features Ghost. Him & his girl came up with the idea & presented it to Ghost to do.

36 Seasons is a Revelations album that features Ghost. They had a script for the story Ghost was working off of before he even started recording.

Sour Soul is a BADBADNOTGOOD album that features Ghost.

None of these projects are Ghost coming through and, besides rapping, doing one of his strengths on his albums which is selecting beats, sequencing and putting together a full album of his own. These are other people's albums so, even with Ghost featured, it's going to sound way different than Ghost's own stuff. Add in that a couple are concept story albums and he's telling someone else's story and you begin to get the picture of why these projects sound so different, not just as Ghost projects but why Ghost sounds so different on them.

If you want that type of Ghost, wait til SC 2 and see how he's holding up on his own creations then but don't expect these collabo story album projects to be in the same vein as a Ghost album. Regardless if you end up ultimately liking them or not, if you go in expecting a usual Ghostface album, you're going to be disappointed first listen because it's not that and wasn't going to be that.

Even if you still end up disliking it, it's better to throw it on informed and check it for what it is than to toss on this "new Ghostface" and be thrown off by story EPs that are 1/3 instrumentals, ya know?