Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge - 12 Reasons To Die Pt 2 Album Discussion Thread

How Do You Rate This Album?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's about having tracks for live shows...and getting near same level production at a quarter the price from an unknown...I still appreciate the effort cuz it's listenable...but these projects arent even advertised...it's just new music for the sake a saying there's new music...imo

Half the people in this thread ain't buying his albums anyway....but act like Ghost is knocking on their door anytime he has an album out. You can ignore this album, you can pretend Ghost stopped rapping after "Supreme Clientele". I think Jay-Z should've retired like 5 albums ago, I'm not all in his threads like :francis: "so, another Jay album?"

As far as the bolded....I'm saying, what's the beef with that? :dwillhuh: He's a rapper, let him rap.

Fred.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
As far as the bolded....I'm saying, what's the beef with that? :dwillhuh: He's a rapper, let him rap.

Fred.

Basically. And I personally still believe he does it better than most of the game. I ask anytime these dudes pop up in these Ghost threads "name the rappers in the game that can come out with these generally well received CONCEPT records in that short periods of time" and I never get an answer. Ghost is just an elite talent, not many MCs can do what he's doing right now. And mind you, this is COASTING according to alot of cats. Imagine how his album he's been putting blood, sweat and tears into (Supreme Clienele 2) is going to sound like.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Actually K-rino. Music isn't in the same league as those other artists you mentioned.

because it's pure shyt.

K-rino is a Mc with cosign from Nas, dj premier and scarface. He is very lyrical and topic driven, specifically history.

I love how his cosign is the first thing you mention. Proof that his music can't stand on its own.

Posters mock him because of ignorance

:russ:

what of the people who know exactly what he's talking about, and still find him to be a garbage ass rapper?

I don't understand why cats are upset rappers are still putting out music. If you think their latest album (or last 5 albums, whatever) is wack just keep it moving. The whole "it's tarnishing their legacy!" shyt is nonsensical....Ghost could drop the wackest album of all time and it doesn't negate any other album out of his discography. That's not how real life works. Prince just dropped "Baltimore", nobody in there was like :patrice:"shyt is cool but it's no 'Purple Rain', why did he put this out?"

No one's mad at Ghost still putting out music. We're mad that he's putting out several bullshyt albums in a row with zero standout cuts between all of them.

and quit using Prince as an example. He aint hip hop.

Hip hop prides itself on being fresh and on point. And if you aren't on point, get the fukk off the stage. It's been embedded into the culture from day one. And frankly, it's the one thing that kept the genre incredible in its glory years.

Now we've got :flabbynsick: rappers, producers, DJs, record execs, promoters, radio programmers, etc and people wonder why modern hip hop is total shyt, but wont call out the people responsible for keeping the bar low.

• Dap
Reactions: Ns

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
because it's pure shyt.

I love how his cosign is the first thing you mention. Proof that his music can't stand on its own.

:russ:

what of the people who know exactly what he's talking about, and still find him to be a garbage ass rapper?

No one's mad at Ghost still putting out music. We're mad that he's putting out several bullshyt albums in a row with zero standout cuts between all of them.

and quit using Prince as an example. He aint hip hop.

Hip hop prides itself on being fresh and on point. And if you aren't on point, get the fukk off the stage. It's been embedded into the culture from day one. And frankly, it's the one thing that kept the genre incredible in its formative years.

Now we've got :flabbynsick: rappers, DJs, record execs, promoters, radio programmers, etc and people wonder why modern hip hop is total shyt, but wont call out the people responsible for keeping the bar low.
ASAP rocky will never come close to the success of ghost present and past :francis:

SirBiatch

Daps
ASAP rocky will never come close to the success of ghost present and past :francis:

True on the past part. Supreme Clientele and Wu Tang as a whole are miles ahead of Rocky.

Live.Love.ASAP is better than any post-Supreme Clientele Ghostface album. Yes, including Fishscale.

But what the fukk does Rocky have to do with ANYTHING in my post? Are you just bringing that up because my critique of Ghost has got you sensitive?

Last edited:

CHAIN

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Cabo Verde
Basically. And I personally still believe he does it better than most of the game. I ask anytime these dudes pop up in these Ghost threads "name the rappers in the game that can come out with these generally well received CONCEPT records in that short periods of time" and I never get an answer. Ghost is just an elite talent, not many MCs can do what he's doing right now. And mind you, this is COASTING according to alot of cats. Imagine how his album he's been putting blood, sweat and tears into (Supreme Clienele 2) is going to sound like.

It's not about the other rappers.
It's not about imagining what his next album is going to sound like.
These live albums have been very disappointing. So when I see that he's dropping yet another live album which he didn't put together I'm like: 'what's the science?'
Where's Blue & Cream?
As a fan I'm tired of hearing him forcing these concepts/stories. At this point it's not even organic.
Ghost is live when he talks about making crackheads with noses like Floyd's pop do 50 push ups in Marcy.
It's not like he dropped a classic with these live joints...so why is he recreating them?

The hipster publications/bloggers love this shyt. I don't think they understand who ghost is. It's kind of crazy seeing ghost fans turning into questlove enthusiasts type nikkas.

What is going on?
Y'all really bumping these live tracks like that? You play these shyts right
after r.a.g.u, whip me with a strap, yolanda's house or even a 'purified thoughts'?

Come on @Billy Ocean. I feel lightweight disrespected by some of your posts. are you calling me a homosexual weirdo for not rocking with these albums? Really?

Im not disrespecting ghost.
But to claim Ghost is on some next level shyt just because others aren't doing it is a bit too much.

edit: the fact raekwon is on it is a good thing, them 2 together is never not fly.
I hope Ghost shows up on this one.

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
These live albums have been very disappointing. So when I see that he's dropping yet another live album which he didn't put together I'm like: 'what's the science?'
Where's Blue & Cream?
As a fan I'm tired of hearing him forcing these concepts/stories. At this point it's not even organic.
Ghost is live when he talks about making crackheads with noses like Floyd's pop do 50 push ups in Marcy.
It's not like he dropped a classic with these live joints...so why is he recreating them?

The hipster publications/bloggers love this shyt. I don't think they understand who ghost is. It's kind of crazy seeing ghost fans turning into questlove enthusiasts type nikkas.

What is going on?
after r.a.g.u, whip me with a strap, yolanda's house or even a 'purified thoughts'?

Come on @Billy Ocean. I feel lightweight disrespected by some of your posts. are you calling me a homosexual weirdo for not rocking with these albums? Really?

But to claim Ghost is on some next level shyt just because others aren't doing it is a bit too much.

edit: the fact raekwon is on it is a good thing, them 2 together is never not fly.

:what: lightweight disrespected? :mjlol:

Stop it, bro. You better than that. If you don't like these albums, just ignore the sh!t like @hexagram said. There's PLENTY who do like them. If you want regular Ghost, hold off until a regular Ghost solo. That simple, my n!gga.

Last edited:

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I really don't see the point in y'all 5 or so supposed Ghostface fans continually trying to clutter these threads with hating when the MAJORITY of his fans have shown their approval. Y'all know what these albums are. Take it, enjoy it or leave it and wait for his next OFFICIAL solo.

SirBiatch

Daps
Where's Blue & Cream?

What is going on?

dhMeAzK.gif

Billy Ocean is a dikkrider and doesn't have an original thought in his mind. Don't take him seriously. I ignore his posts. Or laugh if the hate is funny.

The people who complain about 'hating' are cowards who don't like hearing contrary opinion. They act like threads and boards aren't set up for people of all opinions to discuss music. They'd prefer a thread where everyone claps like seals and never say anything challenging.

edit: this weirdo Billy Ocean sent me a private message half an hour ago. Just noticed. Asking if I'm in NY. Like why :mindblown: :russ: :dead:

I'm dying right now!

• Dap
Reactions: Ns

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
dhMeAzK.gif

Billy Ocean is a dikkrider and doesn't have an original thought in his mind. Don't take him seriously. I ignore his posts. Or laugh if the hate is funny.

The people who complain about 'hating' are cowards who don't like hearing contrary opinion. They act like threads and boards aren't set up for people of all opinions to discuss music. They'd prefer a thread where everyone claps like seals and never say anything challenging.

You a coward. Answer my question, puss ass n!gga.