Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge - 12 Reasons To Die Pt 2 Album Discussion Thread

How Do You Rate This Album?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
The first 12 reasons to die was a broadway play. You gotta have that mindset to settle down into the groove of the album sonically. It ain't for nikkas with no patience or casual music listeners. I'm not saying that to sound elite, that's just what it was... chill out, grab a bottle of wine and nothing but a dim living room lamp on, and listen to that shyt. 36 seasons was fukkin dope. Sour Soul felt like a muted retread, but in of itself it's a beautiful album. It made me download BADBADNOTGOOD's catalogue, even though I haven't listened to it yet. I loved Sour Soul for what it was. I see this string of albums as an era in of itself, like how Stevie Wonder or NaS had their musical eras. I haven't figured out what to call it yet though.:patrice:

77R1WdC.jpg

Waitin on the next additions to the collection.:mjcry:
Dap,Rep.:cheers:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I'm getting :flabbynsick: breh I can't keep up with these new niccaz, still not sure who the ASAP niccaz are except Rocky and what the fukk is a Migos :mindblown:

Ive seen K Rino, the A$ap's, Migos and Young Thugs names mentioned here all the time and Ive never heard shyt from them..I dont want to either, to be honest.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Adrian Younge is dropping an album next week on Linear Notes called Los Angeles, and it features the track "Return of the Savage" featuring RZA and Raekwon

61bXevhso8L._SY355_PJautoripBadge,BottomRight,4,-40_OU11__.jpg

1. Memories Of War - Adrian Younge | Laetitia Saddier
2. 1969 Organ - Adrian Younge
3. Feel Alive - Adrian Younge | Loren Oden | Karolina
4. The Sureshot (Parts One & Two) - Adrian Younge
5. The Last Act - Adrian Younge | Souls Of Mischief
6. Turn Down The Sound - Adrian Younge | Loren Oden
7. Return Of The Savage - Ghostface Killah | RZA | Adrian Younge | Raekwon
8. Chicago Wind - Adrian Younge | Toni Scruggs
9. To Be Your One - Adrian Younge | Loren Oden | William Hart
10. Panic - Souls Of Mischief | Adrian Younge

So we should be hearing that soon :smugfavre:

Last edited:

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Other sites are posting an early July release date, not October. I'm hoping that's true.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
12 reasons to die was horrible. A sequel? shyt if Paul Blart Mall Cop gets a sequel then anything is possible.

Adrian Yonge is boring, he needs Premier to spice up his production otherwise it's mind numbing.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
just went back and listened to a lil of 12 reasons...and yea like I said, bro, it def. had that made-for- wu heads sound...:francis:. Cuz those are filler tracks...new material for shows
:mindblown:
OBFCL2 and Fishscale had more of a "made-for-wu heads" sound.
Post some classic Wu tracks that sound like 12 reasons :youngsabo:

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
I loved 36 Seasons. :yeshrug:
But that's not even Ghosts last album. You gotta check out Sour Soul next :wow:
3 mics is about where I see Fila

year I'm Def checkn soursoul next.

the thing with 36 seasons was I expected more of the cohesiveness from 12. It wasn't bad just didn't flow that well imo.

some of them tracks were short but fire.

my favorites was the Kool g. Solo, the joint where Shawn wigs saves ghost and the joint where Pharoah makes his mask :whew:

The first 12 reasons to die was a broadway play. You gotta have that mindset to settle down into the groove of the album sonically. It ain't for nikkas with no patience or casual music listeners. I'm not saying that to sound elite, that's just what it was... chill out, grab a bottle of wine and nothing but a dim living room lamp on, and listen to that shyt. 36 seasons was fukkin dope. Sour Soul felt like a muted retread, but in of itself it's a beautiful album. It made me download BADBADNOTGOOD's catalogue, even though I haven't listened to it yet. I loved Sour Soul for what it was. I see this string of albums as an era in of itself, like how Stevie Wonder or NaS had their musical eras. I haven't figured out what to call it yet though.:patrice:

77R1WdC.jpg

Waitin on the next additions to the collection.:mjcry:

yes I feel the same way about 12. shyt. Is almos classic

I prefer Adrian orchestration minus the offbeat intro but I gave brown tape a session last night and it was a classic

Testament to ghost Mc ability

I'm getting :flabbynsick: breh I can't keep up with these new niccaz, still not sure who the ASAP niccaz are except Rocky and what the fukk is a Migos :mindblown:

ASAP is a group of rappers from harlem. Rocky is the leader and they all have a ASAP in front they name, I.e. ASAP Ferguson

Migos is a duo from Atlanta I believe who were responsible for the song Versace Versace Versace

They ight. I think ASAP mob is much better

Ive seen K Rino, the A$ap's, Migos and Young Thugs names mentioned here all the time and Ive never heard shyt from them..I dont want to either, to be honest.

Actually K-rino. Music isn't in the same league as those other artists you mentioned.

K-rino is a Mc with cosign from Nas, dj premier and scarface. He is very lyrical and topic driven, specifically history.

Posters mock him because of ignorance

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Actually K-rino. Music isn't in the same league as those other artists you mentioned.

K-rino is a Mc with cosign from Nas, dj premier and scarface. He is very lyrical and topic driven, specifically history.

Posters mock him because of ignorance

Yep. This K-Rino is garbage sh!t is the new corny joke that's been going on in the Coli that is already played out.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't understand why cats are upset rappers are still putting out music. If you think their latest album (or last 5 albums, whatever) is wack just keep it moving. The whole "it's tarnishing their legacy!" shyt is nonsensical....Ghost could drop the wackest album of all time and it doesn't negate any other album out of his discography. That's not how real life works. Prince just dropped "Baltimore", nobody in there was like :patrice:"shyt is cool but it's no 'Purple Rain', why did he put this out?"

Once you reach a certain status, you're solidified forever. This has nothing to do with Ghost, or even rap. And for the record I thought the first "12 Reasons To Die" was :ld: but I'm at :mjlol:at "it's obviously a cash grab!". Dude did a concept album where he's a super hero back from the dead, produced by a guy that's virtually unknown unless you seek out his music....and it didn't even sell that well. Bring that shyt up if Ghost does a whole album of "Tush".

Fred.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
I don't understand why cats are upset rappers are still putting out music. If you think their latest album (or last 5 albums, whatever) is wack just keep it moving. The whole "it's tarnishing their legacy!" shyt is nonsensical....Ghost could drop the wackest album of all time and it doesn't negate any other album out of his discography. That's not how real life works. Prince just dropped "Baltimore", nobody in there was like :patrice:"shyt is cool but it's no 'Purple Rain', why did he put this out?"

Once you reach a certain status, you're solidified forever. This has nothing to do with Ghost, or even rap. And for the record I thought the first "12 Reasons To Die" was :ld: but I'm at :mjlol:at "it's obviously a cash grab!". Dude did a concept album where he's a super hero back from the dead, produced by a guy that's virtually unknown unless you seek out his music....and it didn't even sell that well. Bring that shyt up if Ghost does a whole album of "Tush".

Fred.
It's about having tracks for live shows...and getting near same level production at a quarter the price from an unknown...I still appreciate the effort cuz it's listenable...but these projects arent even advertised...it's just new music for the sake a saying there's new music...imo

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:laff:Raekwon just released a album with features from ASAP Rocky, French Montana and 2 chainz but Ghost is the one looking for a cash grab.:dead:

He had that album planned for a minute though. And it's only his sixth or seventh album.

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
It's about having tracks for live shows...and getting near same level production at a quarter the price from an unknown...I still appreciate the effort cuz it's listenable...but these projects arent even advertised...it's just new music for the sake a saying there's new music...imo

It's definitely NOT about tracks for live shows. Ghost rarely, if ever, performs these songs at shows. Him and Rae don't perform many of their post 2000 songs at shows. At a Ghost show you'll hear a bunch of Ironman, Supreme Clentele, and Wu group song verses. Ghost told cats in 2013 that he loves making music and he wants to put out alot of albums in the next few years:

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/...-seven-more-albums-within-the-next-37-months-
"Most notably in the interview, Ghostface confirmed plans to follow up 2009's Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry In Emerald City, in the form of a second R&B-inspired album. "I do gotta do another R&B album," said the former Def Jam Records artist. Perhaps in sarcasm, Ghost told the publication his upcoming career plans: "[I am doing] probably like another seven more albums, which shouldn’t take no time; that should be within the next 37 months.”

He knows these albums aren't going to sell. And he's hasn't been seeking flavor of the month artists to collab with either. And you'd think if he wanted a quick cash grab he'd go for easier projects than projects where he had to stick to a storyline, which you'd think is tougher than having free reign on what kinda verses you can spit. And none of these albums are particularly catering to the core Wu fanbase that usually go for sample based music.