Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge - 12 Reasons To Die Pt 2 Album Discussion Thread

How Do You Rate This Album?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Not my fav choices for collabs...but Rae still got it tho...people aren't checkin' Rae's album for the collabs...they checkin for Rae

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Got what? Another mediocre album added to his catalog.:francis:
Mediocre album...yes, but Rae still commands interest...Ghost does too, hey maybe I'm a lil bias toward Rae...but I've heard some great collabs from Rae...the one with Estelle, he had the joint with AZ a while back, and he had a joint with ransom I liked...artists still mess with Rae heavy...Ghost could do the same but I don't understand his direction:yeshrug:

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Mediocre album...yes, but Rae still commands interest...Ghost does too, hey maybe I'm a lil bias toward Rae...but I've heard some great collabs from Rae...the one with Estelle, he had the joint with AZ a while back, and he had a joint with ransom I liked...artists still mess with Rae heavy...Ghost could do the same but I don't understand his direction:yeshrug:

Ghost has been doing something different ever since Wizard of Poetry and imo he's been doing a great job at it. I really don't care about who's name is ringing bells with the contemporary popular artists if you're not making dope music. To be fair, Rae mixtape last year was fire, so I'm not saying he's been putting out mediocre sh!t but his new album should've been better. He sought out that new hip hopper crowd and the results were just ok.

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
yo after listening to 36 seasons twice in a row i feel it was only half good

for a short album that aint "whats up"

reminded me of wu-massacre

the idea fell short; the story wasnt as cohesive as 12 reasons

if you deaded the story then it would flow better

also that first track is :yawn: and it shouldnt be, ghost had no energy

az bodied all his parts as did g-rap, seems ghost aint get into character till track 4 for me

raekwon fila shyt was fukkin weird for me :patrice:

i liked it but i felt like i was listenin to a 2015 lex diamonds :dahell:

36 seasons = 3 mics
FILA = 3 mics

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
yo after listening to 36 seasons twice in a row i feel it was only half good

for a short album that aint "whats up"

reminded me of wu-massacre

the idea fell short; the story wasnt as cohesive as 12 reasons

if you deaded the story then it would flow better

also that first track is :yawn: and it shouldnt be, ghost had no energy

az bodied all his parts as did g-rap, seems ghost aint get into character till track 4 for me

raekwon fila shyt was fukkin weird for me :patrice:

i liked it but i felt like i was listenin to a 2015 lex diamonds :dahell:

36 seasons = 3 mics
FILA = 3 mics
I loved 36 Seasons. :yeshrug:
But that's not even Ghosts last album. You gotta check out Sour Soul next :wow:
3 mics is about where I see Fila

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
The first 12 reasons to die was a broadway play. You gotta have that mindset to settle down into the groove of the album sonically. It ain't for nikkas with no patience or casual music listeners. I'm not saying that to sound elite, that's just what it was... chill out, grab a bottle of wine and nothing but a dim living room lamp on, and listen to that shyt. 36 seasons was fukkin dope. Sour Soul felt like a muted retread, but in of itself it's a beautiful album. It made me download BADBADNOTGOOD's catalogue, even though I haven't listened to it yet. I loved Sour Soul for what it was. I see this string of albums as an era in of itself, like how Stevie Wonder or NaS had their musical eras. I haven't figured out what to call it yet though.:patrice:

77R1WdC.jpg

Waitin on the next additions to the collection.:mjcry:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The first 12 reasons to die was a broadway play. You gotta have that mindset to settle down into the groove of the album sonically. It ain't for nikkas with no patience or casual music listeners. I'm not saying that to sound elite, that's just what it was... chill out, grab a bottle of wine and nothing but a dim living room lamp on, and listen to that shyt. 36 seasons was fukkin dope. Sour Soul felt like a muted retread, but in of itself it's a beautiful album. It made me download BADBADNOTGOOD's catalogue, even though I haven't listened to it yet. I loved Sour Soul for what it was. I see this string of albums as an era in of itself, like how Stevie Wonder or NaS had their musical eras. I haven't figured out what to call it yet though.:patrice:

77R1WdC.jpg

Waitin on the next additions to the collection.:mjcry:
THe melodies were garbage.

The Souls of Mischief Adrian Younge album was a lot better then the garbage he gave ghostface. By FAR

• Dap
Reactions: Ns