Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge - 12 Reasons To Die Pt 2 Album Discussion Thread

How Do You Rate This Album?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Well... as long as you cheerleaders actually buy these projects, I guess I can't be mad. Support their lifestyles! Don't come on here getting mad when the artist you swear is still nice is selling 5.5K. Meaning that you in all likelihood didn't even cop the album yet you're talking shyt to people who don't think it's worthy of purchase.

U sounding very @The Ruler 09 ish in dis post :mjpls:

Unless I mention K-Rino, I'm not The Loser.

This board has dumb parrots like Foxmulder and Billy Ocean who repeat the exact same sentiment/thought in 3 separate back to back posts. :russ:

:wtf:The fukk is this fakkit talking about? Nikka your opinion don't mean shyt. You Stan fukking lil b and asap rocky and you got the nerve to criticize other artist. :dahell:

Nikka you don't know shyt you're an idiot with the worst taste on the fukking board. Take your assp rocky and lil b loving ass and :camby:

I don't get you dudes. This motherfvcker just had a string of 3 critically acclaimed albums that is totally opposite of what everybody else is doing in hip hop right now and n!ggas got the nerve to act like the sh!t is a straight vapid cash grab and devoid of substance. Do me a favor, breh...please name the prominent hip hop artist making conceptual albums with fully fleshed out stories that almost plays out like novellas? And then he was attached to a sublime BADBADNOTGOOD project that also got universal love. And the funny part is, none of them was really his true solo joints. He was commissioned to do a job and he did a splendid job on each one. But dudes still b!tching.

Absolutely. What the hell are some of these dudes even talking about? Some of the sh!t I've heard from the dudes that try to sh!t on these last 3 projects have been straight up :mjlol: status. Ghost decided to be involved with 3 projects that most cemented hip hop artists that have been in the game for years, would never try to tackle. 12 Reasons to Die, 36 Seasons and Sour Soul, even though not truly Ghost commandeered projects, are great additions to his discography and almost a complete 180 from what other comparable MCs are doing. High quality, varied and eclectic discography. N!ggas sh!tting on greatness :francis:

Right. In the past 3 or so years, ghost has been non stop touring and still found time to generate quality verses for 3 projects that he wasn't the brainchild of, verses for a Wu-Tang album, a couple Wu Block projects, a project with Killah Priest, countless side tracks with Rae, and lord knows what else he contributed to that hasn't been released yet. The dude should be commended for not putting nothing out in that time span that was looked at as a total inferior project. Name any other artist who's been doing anything similar...now or in recent history. I can't think of any.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Cash grab :dwillhuh:

I don't think any of these albums charted at all, and I doubt these labels really gave him skrilla like that to begin with. These were labors of love just like Wizard of Poetry was. They all sound different and if you pay attention Ghost raps different on each album (lyrically).

The only thing I've give you weirdos is that his flow isn't on that trademarkt Ghostface hype-shyt. It's still dope to me because it fits the albums, I can't imagine old Ghost on some of these tracks....and that's what makes them great.

That's what makes his discography so amazing, and at this point if it's not greater than Pac's - it's the closest one.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
What are the symptoms of Nas syndrome...what exactly is Nas syndrome:dwillhuh:
:dahell:You didn't immediately get my incredibly vague statement? :youngsabo:
Just means certain artists live in the shadow of one or two amazing albums their entire careers.
Nobody is saying these last three albums are Purple Tape or Supreme Clientele level - but that doesn't automatically make them wack. They are good to great albums that help to cement his legacy.

FILA on the other hand :lupe:
Even though I still kinda like half of it :lawd:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
I bought every Ghost album fakkit. There you go again not knowing what the fukk you talking about.:francis:

when did I ever say: "Foxmulder has not bought every single Ghost album." :russ: y'all kill me. so sensitive.

This was my exact statement:

Well... as long as you cheerleaders actually buy these projects, I guess I can't be mad. Support their lifestyles! Don't come on here getting mad when the artist you swear is still nice is selling 5.5K. Meaning that you in all likelihood didn't even cop the album yet you're talking shyt to people who don't think it's worthy of purchase.

You know the great thing about group blanket statements? They don't have to apply to every single person in the group. It doesn't make the statement totally inaccurate.

Obviously it doesn't apply to you, so why get mad? I'm almost certain it applies to others. Either way, keep using gay slurs and staying mad as if it'll make you less of a lame.

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
Loved the first one.

The only thing I hated was that the intro was off beat, made me think the album was gone all be like that

I replaced younge version with the Apollo brown tape intro and viola we good

I actually am a big fan of adrian, seems anything he's a part of is Crack

I prefer adrians to Apollo browns which apparently isn't the popular opinion.

Still haven't heard ghost last joint. I'm a peep it now along with FILA since Rae all over this

Edub

Veteran
Daps
:dahell:You didn't immediately get my incredibly vague statement? :youngsabo:
Just means certain artists live in the shadow of one or two amazing albums their entire careers.
Nobody is saying these last three albums are Purple Tape or Supreme Clientele level - but that doesn't automatically make them wack. They are good to great albums that help to cement his legacy.

FILA on the other hand :lupe:
Even though I still kinda like half of it :lawd:
To me if an artist can drop three str8 gems over a 4 or 5 year period...that's just what they do make gems, the only way that ability goes is if a.) the artist loses his mojo if you will(drugs, personal life, etc.), or b.) the financial gets involved and the artists begins to reach for current sounds or niche gimmicky sounds for secure dollar revenue. To me Ghost is clearly B...Raekwon still got it, so I know Ghost does...but I think ghost has financial woes that require him to take project offers that can stimulate his pockets more than his legacy and artistry.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
These not really his projects. Just sit back, enjoy these quality collabs and stop crying about his old albums. If he drops Supreme 2 and it's a dud, then y'all got every reason to b!tch.
Look...:ufdup:...i appreciate the collabs and having something to listen to at all from Ghost...but what I will not do is pretend, like some others on here, that what he's doing now is on par with his previous work...nah, won't do it:ld:. Supreme 2 has all the potential for classic status..,so we shall see:manny:

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
To me if an artist can drop three str8 gems over a 4 or 5 year period...that's just what they do make gems, the only way that ability goes is if a.) the artist loses his mojo if you will(drugs, personal life, etc.), or b.) the financial gets involved and the artists begins to reach for current sounds or niche gimmicky sounds for secure dollar revenue. To me Ghost is clearly B...Raekwon still got it, so I know Ghost does...but I think ghost has financial woes that require him to take project offers that can stimulate his pockets more than his legacy and artistry.

If you think 12 Reasons to Die, 36 Seasons and/or Sour Soul sound anything niche or gimmicky, you either never heard ANY of those albums or you're an idiot. And let me be one of the first in here to state the obvious: All 3 of those albums are better than Rae's FILA album. And lol if you think Ghost made duffle bags of cash for any of those albums. You're not making a lot of sense Edub.

Last edited:

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Look...:ufdup:...i appreciate the collabs and having something to listen to at all from Ghost...but what I will not do is pretend, like some others on here, that what he's doing now is on par with his previous work...nah, won't do it:ld:. Supreme 2 has all the potential for classic status..,so we shall see:manny:

NOBODY...NOBODY...ABSOLUTELY NOBODY ever even insinuated those albums were as good as his previous classics. They're just dope collabs that should be appreciated for what they are.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
If you think 12 Reasons to Die, 36 Seasons and/or Sour Soul sound anything niche or gimmicky, you either never heard ANY of those albums or you're an idiot. And let me be one of the first in here to state the obvious: All 3 of those albums are better than Rae's FILA album. And lol if you think Ghost is made duffle bags of cash for any of those albums. You're not making a lot of sense Edub.
It's touring and shows where the money is made...I think the songs are fillers...gotta be honest tho I listened to a lil of 12 reasons and found myself upset or maybe it was 36 seasons...I dunno. But the niche sound I'm speaking of just sounded like that made-for-wu heads beat selection (even though it was a collab with someone else)...that's what I mean by cash grab tho

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
It's touring and shows where the money is made...I think the songs are fillers...gotta be honest tho I listened to a lil of 12 reasons and found myself upset or maybe it was 36 seasons...I dunno. But the niche sound I'm speaking of just sounded like that made-for-wu heads beat selection (even though it was a collab with someone else)...that's what I mean by cash grab tho

None of those albums really had a "made for Wu heads" sound, bro.

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
To me if an artist can drop three str8 gems over a 4 or 5 year period...that's just what they do make gems, the only way that ability goes is if a.) the artist loses his mojo if you will(drugs, personal life, etc.), or b.) the financial gets involved and the artists begins to reach for current sounds or niche gimmicky sounds for secure dollar revenue. To me Ghost is clearly B...Raekwon still got it, so I know Ghost does...but I think ghost has financial woes that require him to take project offers that can stimulate his pockets more than his legacy and artistry.[/QUOTE]
:laff:Raekwon just released a album with features from ASAP Rocky, French Montana and 2 chainz but Ghost is the one looking for a cash grab.:dead:

Last edited: