Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge - 12 Reasons To Die Pt 2 Album Discussion Thread

How Do You Rate This Album?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
:salute:
If it was a cash grab he would have had Iggy Azalea and trap beats on his project...
He went away from the mainstream...not towards it :heh:
Not saying Ghost aint never made a track trying to get radio play...but that wasn't the aim with the last three projects

Absolutely. What the hell are some of these dudes even talking about? Some of the sh!t I've heard from the dudes that try to sh!t on these last 3 projects have been straight up :mjlol: status. Ghost decided to be involved with 3 projects that most cemented hip hop artists that have been in the game for years, would never try to tackle. 12 Reasons to Die, 36 Seasons and Sour Soul, even though not truly Ghost commandeered projects, are great additions to his discography and almost a complete 180 from what other comparable MCs are doing. High quality, varied and eclectic discography. N!ggas sh!tting on greatness :francis:

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Cats are tripping...Ghost has put out some quality projects...especially when u consider he is working on the Supreme 2 and DOOM albums at the same time and he doing these projects plus he did the wu album..Let's see how many of these weak cats that can drop multiple projects and still have quality...none...dudes still trying to put together one decent album...

Right. In the past 3 or so years, ghost has been non stop touring and still found time to generate quality verses for 3 projects that he wasn't the brainchild of, verses for a Wu-Tang album, a couple Wu Block projects, a project with Killah Priest, countless side tracks with Rae, and lord knows what else he contributed to that hasn't been released yet. The dude should be commended for not putting nothing out in that time span that was looked at as a total inferior project. Name any other artist who's been doing anything similar...now or in recent history. I can't think of any.

Last edited:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Absolutely. What the hell are some of these dudes even talking about? Some of the sh!t I've heard from the dudes that try to sh!t on these last 3 projects have been straight up :mjlol: status. Ghost decided to be involved with 3 projects that most cemented hip hop artists that have been in the game for years, would never try to tackle. 12 Reasons to Die, 36 Seasons and Sour Soul, even though not truly Ghost commandeered projects, are great additions to his discography and almost a complete 180 from what other comparable MCs are doing. High quality, varied and eclectic discography. N!ggas sh!tting on greatness :francis:
Yep. And then Souls of Mischief, Primo and Royce and Wu as a whole got on the wave...

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Why is there nothing official concerning his album? Google came up with nothing :merchant:

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Why is there nothing official concerning his album? Google came up with nothing :merchant:

Yea, but I think it's official. Last year Ghost said he already completed Part 2 and it should be released sometime this year. Maybe somebody leaked the information (cover and tracklisting) early. I'm hoping that at least the tracklist is official.

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Yea, but I think it's official. Last year Ghost said he already completed Part 2 and it should be released sometime this year. Maybe somebody leaked the information (cover and tracklisting) early. I'm hoping that at least the tracklist is official.

Yeah and the album cover is in the 'right style', very similar to pt 1.

Anyway this could be something special. Part 1 was great, Brown Tape made it so much better. Ghost then perfected the style on 36 Seasons. So this bodes well for 12RTD Pt 2.

If this drops and then Nas drops, this could be the GOAT year :wow:

JCalli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:banderas:

Really liked the first one, found it refreshing, especially on the first takes (AY's version). Over time I spin the Brown Tape more but they both dope.

Now we get part 2, with rae and rza on there too. And this is bad news? Cot dam, I can't say I'm surprised though.

It would be so dope if they did a Apollo version of this too.

I can't do nothing but :salute: Ghosts hustle man, he keeps feeding the fans

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
stop crying. Supreme Clientele is my favorite album of all time. I'm more of a fan than you are. You probably wont be listening to hip hop in a couple years. I know your type.
Nikka you don't know shyt you're an idiot with the worst taste on the fukking board. Take your assp rocky and lil b loving ass and :camby:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
I don't get you dudes. This motherfvcker just had a string of 3 critically acclaimed albums that is totally opposite of what everybody else is doing in hip hop right now and n!ggas got the nerve to act like the sh!t is a straight vapid cash grab and devoid of substance. Do me a favor, breh...please name the prominent hip hop artist making conceptual albums with fully fleshed out stories that almost plays out like novellas? And then he was attached to a sublime BADBADNOTGOOD project that also got universal love. And the funny part is, none of them was really his true solo joints. He was commissioned to do a job and he did a splendid job on each one. But dudes still b!tching.
Yea ok Ghostface is a talent...I can't argue that, and he adds his own personal touch to whatever projects he decides to touch and be apart of...but let's not for one second act as if this is the level of craftsmanship he spoiled us with from the purple tape ironman and supreme clientele. I think if we are to preserve hip hop it begins with us being honest about our favorites and there output (not saying you aren't)...but I feel like these efforts are show fillers ( which is cool ) but ghost wasn't making show fillers before...he was making artistic classics...there's a difference:usure:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Looking forward to this but I'm not sold on Younge in hip hop. His instrumentals sound rather stale to me, there really isn't the funk or dirtiness live instrumentation needs in order to work with hip hop. Sour Soul's production is great IMO because it's funky and dark. 36 Seasons had really soulful live instrumentation which worked great too. I think what seperates both projects from 12 Reasons is the bass. Sour Soul and 36 Seasons have dope ass basslines.

While all three projects are good overall to me, I'm disappointed Ghost isn't in the studio with these goods. I'd love to see Ghost have the opportunity to direct the band. For instance him saying "aite gimme a break beat here" or "just have the bass on this part" etc.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Yea ok Ghostface is a talent...I can't argue that, and he adds his own personal touch to whatever projects he decides to touch and be apart of...but let's not for one second act as if this is the level of craftsmanship he spoiled us with from the purple tape ironman and supreme clientele. I think if we are to preserve hip hop it begins with us being honest about our favorites and there output (not saying you aren't)...but I feel like these efforts are show fillers ( which is cool ) but ghost wasn't making show fillers before...he was making artistic classics...there's a difference:usure:
Nas syndrome.

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
being a mindless dikkrider who doesn't like opposing opinions and will support an artist, no matter how watered down their music has become. They tend to leave hip hop after a while and go back to their pet genre.
:wtf:The fukk is this fakkit talking about? Nikka your opinion don't mean shyt. You Stan fukking lil b and asap rocky and you got the nerve to criticize other artist. :dahell:

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC

These not really his projects. Just sit back, enjoy these quality collabs and stop crying about his old albums. If he drops Supreme 2 and it's a dud, then y'all got every reason to b!tch.

Last edited: