Veteran
Daps
37 years old so im officially a part of the :flabbynsick: Community

Things to do to age gracefully:

-hit the gym consistently

-hydrate

-Retinol and sunscreen for the face

-have clean/fresh threads to wear

-Read (keep your mind sharp. Educate yourself on a topic you are unfamiliar with daily)

Crude

Superstar
Daps
I’ll be 40 next year so I’m definitely moving past that young phase myself. Bumping shoulders with the middle age people and ish.

:flabbynsick:

I knew I was starting to get older 7-8 years ago in my early 30s when that trendy shyt stopped impressing me.

I’d rather have my azz at home by 8 PM now with my feet up drinking some good whiskey, smoking a cigar, and listening to some Motown or 80s and 90s R&B. I also take pride in how my yard looks and ish. I was like yeah I’m getting older. I’ll take it over the alternative though.

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
I'm pushing 50 and still wear the same sized cloths I did in college. I've never been fat. I don't overeat, I lift weights and stretch 2-3 times a week, go for walks and bike when the weather is good. I have lost my jump game though. I used to be able to touch and almost grab the rim. I have no idea how that was possible other than the power of youth.

This, i workout like a mf amd my physique is "athletic "... but I find it's alot harder recovering from muscle injury. I pull a muscle in my 20s or 30s and bounce back next day.. now that shyt is a two week minimum. ..

I think I'm better at the overall experience of life than I was but yea little things you notice like damn, I'm aging like a mf. Be grunting when I get up out of a seat. Like OP said I have no clue who these new celebrities are. I couldn't name one song off drake new album. Or any of these other lil nikkaz

The good news is I probably fukk better than I ever have, at least in my mind I do. But soon that'll change too..

fukk :mjcry:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Thought about this today randomly at work. Passed by where my best friend got killed, by another one of our close friends.

Lost so many people close to me very young, as I get older you realize how short life really is.

Member covid?
4 years flies by

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
It’s cool. You already witnessed the greatest of the greatest.

Everything been going down hill. Sports, music, entertainment, food, society, etc etc.

I would kill to relive the 90s.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hit 36 and there hasn't been any measurable difference in athletic performance, sleep tolerance, or anything else of the sort. I do work out, average 12-17k steps a day, and typically eat well. That said, i'm not liking the fact that a bunch of my older family can drop at any time. I made peace with the fact that not only would similarly aged friend being dying of different things (cancer, accidents, overdoses, doing dumb shyt in the streets) but now anyone I speak to has stories about who in their family has passed or how their kid has a condition...mortality kicks me in the fukking face from time to time. Its a battle because I can still do all the young shyt but now I think like a man with something to lose. I sometimes dwell on it and hope there is a "hereafter" but feeling that this life is my only real existence makes me keep doing shyt even when it hurts. We gotta live, brehs, cause we have no choice but to eventually die.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
I love getting old flabby and sick threads, washed breh's always assemble.
:russ:

:flabbynsick: