Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
2nd highest grossing blumhouse film :wow:

SQxy7My.png

Can it past Split?:lupe:

Blumhouse Productions Movies at the Box Office - Box Office Mojo

It might....either way studios generally receive about half the box office earnings back from theaters. Get Out done made its budget back 10 times :wow:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was there any meaning to when Rod/TSA dude went to the police and it was an all black detective unit and they laughed him out of the room? I thought they would believe him cause he should've showed them that picture of dude that was kidnapped and missing from the start of the movie.

I took it as a double meaning: 1. police, regardless of a racial background do not give a fukk about black men. There was this research article that stated that over 1.5 million black men are mysteriously missing or unaccounted for and nobody really investigating or looking for these men. The 2nd meaning is more generalized when you have a lot of conscious people out there telling people what's happening or what had happen and black people look at these people as crazy and don't take them seriously.

avocadotaco

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
If by GG you mean the Golden Globes then probably.

The Golden Globes aren't really taken that seriously in Hollywood.

That's not a shot against Get Out as I think if the producers of the film campaigned for it, it could probably get a best screenplay nomination at the Oscars.

Best Picture is a long shot since it came out so early and the Oscars usually don't nominate movies like this for best picture.

Yep, Oscars are a long shot. Black movie won big at the Oscars this year and the committee will not nominate many black movies next year.

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Was there any meaning to when Rod/TSA dude went to the police and it was an all black detective unit and they laughed him out of the room? I thought they would believe him cause he should've showed them that picture of dude that was kidnapped and missing from the start of the movie.

Both male cops looked kinda similar to guys in the pictures of Rose's exes that Chris found.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I took it as a double meaning: 1. police, regardless of a racial background do not give a fukk about black men. There was this research article that stated that over 1.5 million black men are mysteriously missing or unaccounted for and nobody really investigating or looking for these men. The 2nd meaning is more generalized when you have a lot of conscious people out there telling people what's happening or what had happen and black people look at these people as crazy and don't take them seriously.
they are dead or in jail
5 Reasons Why 1.5 Million Black Men Are “Missing” In America, According To The NY Times

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was kind of hesistant to see this movie from the first trailer I saw but then word spread and then I saw it,fukking amazing! Soooo many levels in this movie. The real horror exists in real life.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
JUst saw it again.

Some more things I picked up.

-Rose dies on the side of the road, slowly, like Chris's mother did.

-Chris's phone was unplugged twice. Second time was with Georgina, but the first time was when he woke up after being hypnotized.

-When Rod calls and Rose answers, she is nervous when Rod tells her he talked to the police. She calms back down when Rod tells her all he told them was that Chris was missing. Basically showing that even she knows the police don't care about missing black people.

-Georgina is actually very beautiful.
I took that moment to mean she was scared Rod might have said something that would lead the cops specifically toward her. Remember her fam was beside her listening. They were worried they'd get caught.

It's not about not caring about black men. The story, especially with the way Rod tells it, sounded ridiculous.

I don't think there's any hidden meaning to this scene personally.

Last edited:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not to often that I crave for film to be longer and develop a little further. A real indifference between craving and over-saturation. GET OUT perfectly flirt with that line where you'll be leaving the theater craving more, but still be superbly satisfied.

I really craved for the film to be about 20-30 minutes longer where it got to show case the black actress and another black actor. I felt she could of pulled off an Oscar worthy performance if given an additional 20-30 in the film's exhilarating and fast-paced climax.

9/10. Superbly done film. I really like Peele didn't over-saturate a great film and left a lot to crave. I think Peele has a hell of a bright future as a filmmaker, but I already knew that.
I don't think Gabriel needed any more screen time to get award nods.

Remember Viola Davis was only in "Doubt" for less than ten minutes and got an Oscar nomination. Anthony Hopkins was in "Silence of the Lambs" for about 15 minutes and got an Oscar nomination.

To get there (Oscar or any award in general) she will need more press though.

Betty Gabriel (@thebettygabriel) on Twitter

Last edited:

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps

His Twitter photo being that skit from when he was Jack Torrance :banderas:

BTW, I was watching an old Louis CK special from like 2010 the other day where he went off on how much he hated deer. shyt fukked me up. Has deer been code for this long? Wonderif Peele got any inspiration from that special. Hmm. :ohhh:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
bruh..... the way he explained the story was dumb as hell. nobody would have believed him