Get Out (2017)

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Saw it again last night. Noticed mroe things.

First, I liked how the Detective's name was Latoya Peele.

Same scene, "The Blue Book" is featured prominently on her desk. To me that showed that even minority police officers are indoctrinated into white supremacy.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I took that moment to mean she was scared Rod might have said something that would lead the cops specifically toward her. Remember her fam was beside her listening. They were worried they'd get caught.

It's not about not caring about black men. The story, especially with the way Rod tells it, sounded ridiculous.

I don't think there's any hidden meaning to this scene personally.

Regardless how silly it may had sound... there was a LEGITIMATE CASE for at least Andre being missing and Rod knows who has him. If there's someone who's been reported missing for months... regardless of absurd it may seems, it is a officer's duty to investigate the matter if someone come up with new information to include an updated pic that someone sent to his phone.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
bruh..... the way he explained the story was dumb as hell. nobody would have believed him

Which is the point... it SUPPOSED to sound ridiculous despite him really speaking the truth. Technically, Andre was indeed a sex slave. The fact of the matter is that he providing the police with new information on a missing subject that's been missing for months. And they dismissed it regardless of how it may sound. This is how people are at those who say things about white supremacy and black people or people in general look at them funny. For instance, for YEARS I been saying Kardashians are witches and something wrong with Kanye while many claimed it as nonsense and mentioned he's still suffering over his mother's death.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Just saw this in theater just off word of mouth. Hadn't seen a trailer or even have a clue about what the story was about. Definitely add a lot to them movie coming in clean. Great movie overall and I was feeling mad uncomfortable during the party where he was having to interact with all those white folks. Mad deja vu.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I don't think Gabriel needed any more screen time to get award nods.

Remember Viola Davis was only in "Doubt" for less than ten minutes and got an Oscar nomination. Anthony Hopkins was in "Silence of the Lambs" for about 15 minutes and got an Oscar nomination.

To get there (Oscar or any award in general) she will need more press though.

Betty Gabriel (@thebettygabriel) on Twitter

She's got the hype. Is Universal/Blumhouse going to give her the campaign though :jbhmm::mjpls:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
2nd highest grossing blumhouse film :wow:

SQxy7My.png

Can it past Split?:lupe:

Blumhouse Productions Movies at the Box Office - Box Office Mojo
Split was dope too though, but this was better in all around fukkery and entertainment

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

She's got the hype. Is Universal/Blumhouse going to give her the campaign though :jbhmm::mjpls:

The way you see them crying or having tears in they eyes...that was some deep shyt once you knew the backstory...

when buddy got hit with the flash and shot himself after shooting the white chick, it signified the type of horror it was to be in a space whee you can see everything but not control your own actions

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
STILL thinking of this movie

remember that look Chris was giving rose while they was driving to her parents house that was that look of super lust :wow:

Rose must have been doing some JBO 4X spoiler section to Chris with the look he was giving her :picard:

beware Africans :sas2: