Get Out (2017)

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
I've been wondering that too. But Rose looked really shook up, but we also saw that she's also a good actress. I dunno. It does make me wonder how the mother hypnotized others. With Chris, there was an obvious bad habit and emotional trauma she could latch onto. How did she get the others under her spell, especially if they didn't smoke or have some sort of emotional traumatic event in their past.

I didn't take it to mean that at all. It was just more liberal rhetoric to make Chris feel comfortable with them.

The ' I voted for obama' and 'but we have a black president ' are popular lines cac liberals like to say to make it seem like they're not racist

But are they really "Liberal"? Are Neo Nazi's considered liberal is the question I guess I should ask? Or, are Conservative Nazi, KKK members better at disguising themselves today is my question?

Nonetheless, I appreciate the responses and feedback.

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
The ' I voted for obama' and 'but we have a black president ' are popular lines cac liberals like to say to make it seem like they're not racist
This. I've had white folks use those phrases with me as a disarming mechanism. Try to make you think they're one of the "good white people" and not racist.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
:martin:
Vh1 is showing a Love & Hip Hop atlanta marathon this weekend. They don't get that they're part of the problem.
: even when you want to get out they try to pull you back in by any means. When you mentioned by tv: love and hip hop & real housewives & bad girls club & black ink crew.... (some i watch) but after realizing it dumbs you down I stopped watching them.

And when ur under their control you are being dumbed down (and may not even realize it) because it may not be white ppl on the shows acting foolish but they're on white owned networks. Ultimately, white people have control of our (not all of us) minds

This movie is gonna have me looking at people a different way. You can't let them control your mind. When they get your mind it's a wrap. A mind is truly a terrible thing to waste.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
But are they really "Liberal"? Are Neo Nazi's considered liberal is the question I guess I should ask? Or, are Conservative Nazi, KKK members better at disguising themselves today is my question?

Nonetheless, I appreciate the responses and feedback.

thats a good question. i wouldn't consider a neo nazi a liberal because they wouldn't even entertain the thought of voting for obama. i think its the actual liberals who do a good job at disguising themselves. that is until they start to have a personal conversation with a person of color and if you let them talk long enough, they'll expose their true feelings about black people.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
I need the Coli Brehs help on this one. There is one part of the movie that I can't understand why Peele and the writers included it.

In the scene where Rose and her Father say that they would have voted for Obama for a third term if they could. What does that mean?

I know some of you may say, well it was to fool Chris but I don't think so. Part of me thinks it was to allude to the fact that Obama may have

been one of them, meaning a person in a black body but not a black person? Another part of me things it was the writers alluding to the

fact that they would vote for him to keep blacks under a spell that he was one of them.

Help a breh make sense of it.
:ohhh:

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
except there were a lot of lines cac liberals say that turned out to have additional meaning in the movie, so ...

and tupac in a business suit is probably white, but :manny:

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
There was so much realness in that one scene alone. Just wait till this year's NFL Draft and see the amount of cats in the green room who've been locked down by a pawg :mjpls:

Is this why so many NFL players are c00ns.

They probably get these nikkas first year as freshmen. That's why they red shirt most these nikkas. nikkas is just host for old CACs

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn

I mean, I have already been told in this thread that I need to take my meds. So if I am tripping, please tell me.

Looking at what happened in the recent election, the maps, the votes, etc, there isn't any way that you can tell me

that ONLY liberals voted for Obama twice. Neo-Nazi's and Klansmen had to have voted for him as well based off

population statistics alone right? There aren't that many states that were blue like NC and FL that all of a sudden

became Red when Trump won. Now, I am not debating the fact that there are Democrats that are Klansmen and

Neo Nazi's as well, however, I think the vote Obama 3rd term had a much greater meaning to it than told.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Is this why so many NFL players are c00ns.

They probably get these nikkas first year as freshmen. That's why they red shirt most these nikkas. nikkas is just host for old CACs

this was the scariest part of the film to me and what really haunts me. That scene with the black lady.

It seems like all our stars, athletes, entertainers etc seem to have some sort of disconnet with the rest of the black community for some reason. Like they can no longer relate to the reality of being black in the U.S. It seemed as if on that lady's face you saw the inner being wanting to creep out but couldn't. Just a very omnious feeling I got then, like this is what's going on all these entertainers. They are 'sunkin' into a suppressed state. We still see the talent, the ability but not the true essence of who they are when they grew up.

Also :gladbron:

I really can't believe it. Not one white savior in this film, Peele of all people really did it. just a spectacular film. From story telling, acting, plot devices and use of sound.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
y'all probably already discussed it and i know it might be a reach, but does anyone else think chris and rose getting pulled over by the cop and hitting that deer was planned or just chance?
I think it was by chance. Rose went hard at that cop who wanted his ID because she didn't want anyone to be able to trace back once Chris went missing forever. She just made it seem like she was standing up for her man against a racist cop. Great writing.

Dig

Catch Up
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I don't have any additional analysis or anything, but I'm normally in that Pass the Mustard game when it comes to flicks. Glad I went to the theatre to see this. When breh was choking out Rose this girl let out this loud ass (HA HAAAAA) had me rolling. Mixed crowd but the theatre growned when them blue lights showed up but erupted in applause when the camera panned too TSA ... Daniel saying "what did we do?" In the video posted in here is just :wow:. Movie works on the standard thriller/horror motif and has added layers for those willing to see them. What if this movie had brehs giving up the pawging and c00ning in favor of Black unity? A breh can dream :wow:

Last edited: