Get Out (2017)

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Part of me thinks it was to allude to the fact that Obama may have

been one of them, meaning a person in a black body but not a black person?

well in a figurative sense, perhaps yes.

Obama is what they might believe as a white brain in a black body.

Or at the same time, it could've been nothing more than them trying to make Chris feel safe. Because Rose brought it up before the parents said it.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I meant I wasn't just watching the shows that are making us look bad. Just enjoying a rerun of one of my fav shows! And love & hip hop reunion came on right after :stopitslime: my intelligence is dropping with every second I wait to turn

*turns to teen titans go*

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/lets-talk-about-all-the-amazing-little-details-in-get-o-1792781479

The comments in this article touch on the subtle things in this movie. Some really deep ones:

1. Rose eating fruit loops and sipping on milk near the end symbolizes her refusal to ever mix white with colors. Apparently she was using a black straw to drink the milk too.
2. Apparently the mother began the hypnosis when she first asked Chris about his mother when they were drinking tea. She started stirring her iced tea.
3. Rose's brother mentioned he loved jiu jitsu because "you have to stay 3-4 moves ahead." Chris killed the brother on his 4th attempt to reach the door, understanding that the brother was going to kick his leg out.
I haven't looked through this because I want to watch the movie again and see more things that I missed the first time...
:lupe:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
this was the scariest part of the film to me and what really haunts me. That scene with the black lady.

It seems like all our stars, athletes, entertainers etc seem to have some sort of disconnet with the rest of the black community for some reason. Like they can no longer relate to the reality of being black in the U.S. It seemed as if on that lady's face you saw the inner being wanting to creep out but couldn't. Just a very omnious feeling I got then, like this is what's going on all these entertainers. They are 'sunkin' into a suppressed state. We still see the talent, the ability but not the true essence of who they are when they grew up.

I think this is reflective on some level of most black person in america. We can't be ourselves most of the time.

Of course celebs/athletes etc are much deeper when there's millions of dollars on the line, they support the lives of countless others who work for them personally, or thru endorsements etc.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
I think this is reflective on some level of most black person in america. We can't be ourselves most of the time.

Of course celebs/athletes etc are much deeper when there's millions of dollars on the line, they support the lives of countless others who work for them personally, or thru endorsements etc.
They surround you and then feast on you. It's honestly why I never moved to the surburbs. You're not going to catch me out there paying taxes to support racists.

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
I think it was by chance. Rose went hard at that cop who wanted his ID because she didn't want anyone to be able to trace back once Chris went missing forever. She just made it seem like she was standing up for her man against a racist cop. Great writing.
Plus it makes the audience drop their guard a bit to think that maybe it's just her family members who are the weird ones. At one point, I thought maybe Rose was being mind controlled by her mom and was unaware of any of the dudes she was bringing home. At least until she hit breh with the "you were one of my favorites" line :mjcry:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows

Damn it I KNEW the black mold locked in the basement was suspect as fukk!!! And the one less buck shyt was had me like :patrice: is he tying to substitute 'buck' for black people ? I can't stay out this thread... I'm wide awake.
full

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
Damn it I KNEW the black mold locked in the basement was suspect as fukk!!! And the one less buck shyt was had me like :patrice: is he tying to substitute 'buck' for black people ? I can't stay out this thread... I'm wide awake.
full
:ohhh: I can't believe I overlooked that part with the dad talking about he hates deer. I legit thought dude just hated animals :russ: makes so much more sense now.

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
How did Milton know that he was a good photographer? Was it a part that I missed about him being a photographer top?

Maybe they targeted certain people that they knew they could sell for people.