Get Out (2017)

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How did Milton know that he was a good photographer? Was it a part that I missed about him being a photographer top?

Maybe they targeted certain people that they knew they could sell for people.
They obviously targeted talented brothers. That was a big play on what the film was about and the message...

A lot of talented blacks are exploited for their abilities and white people have been benefiting off of us for centuries. This was apparent that they targeted high level artists/athletes when you see Rod google Andre's name and he turns out to be a Jazz musician... then at the end Rose is on the computer looking up 'Top NCAA Prospects'.

I'm sure the woman that was grandma and the dude that was grandpa had something specific about them that was valued by the family. Milton wasn't going to lose out on that bid for Chris because he rocked with his work, and had been following him for a while.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need the Coli Brehs help on this one. There is one part of the movie that I can't understand why Peele and the writers included it.

In the scene where Rose and her Father say that they would have voted for Obama for a third term if they could. What does that mean?

I know some of you may say, well it was to fool Chris but I don't think so. Part of me thinks it was to allude to the fact that Obama may have

been one of them, meaning a person in a black body but not a black person? Another part of me things it was the writers alluding to the

fact that they would vote for him to keep blacks under a spell that he was one of them.

Help a breh make sense of it.
Not at all. Obama, like Will Smith, is that black guy white people like / feel comfortable with and use as proof that they're not racist.

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
They obviously targeted talented brothers. That was a big play on what the film was about and the message...

A lot of talented blacks are exploited for their abilities and white people have been benefiting off of us for centuries. This was apparent that they targeted high level artists/athletes when you see Rod google Andre's name and he turns out to be a Jazz musician... then at the end Rose is on the computer looking up 'Top NCAA Prospects'.

I'm sure the woman that was grandma and the dude that was grandpa had something specific about them that was valued by the family. Milton wasn't going to lose out on that bid for Chris because he rocked with his work, and had been following him for a while.

I agree. The thing that made me wonder was that he had to do the process auction against others. Like others were asking about his golf swing and shyt. I think with the grand dad he wanted a guy that looked like Jesse Owens maybe. Although in the picture she had with him it looked like they had him as kind of a hood looking dude.

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
I agree. The thing that made me wonder was that he had to do the process auction against others. Like others were asking about his golf swing and shyt. I think with the grand dad he wanted a guy that looked like Jesse Owens maybe. Although in the picture she had with him it looked like they had him as kind of a hood looking dude.
Rose was probably told to find an athletic guy for the grandpa. Wouldn't be surprised to find out ol boy was a former football player or something based on her scouting NCAA prospects.

On a side note, I wanna find out how much Microsoft paid to have all their stuff in the movie. Windows phones, Surface Pros, Bing :mjlol:

Unless there's some hidden symbolism in Windows :jbhmm:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

meh if Milton is who i think he is....he is blind so ........

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
like some black people pretending to be c00ns so they could infiltrate and take over white america from the inside :sas2:, channing tatum plays the lead, young secret service agent assigned to protect the president played by steve harvey :mjpls:

"The Spook who Sat by the Door" comes to mind. Message wise for its time, that film was just as powerful as this but not as well done from top to bottom.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Damn it I KNEW the black mold locked in the basement was suspect as fukk!!! And the one less buck shyt was had me like :patrice: is he tying to substitute 'buck' for black people ? I can't stay out this thread... I'm wide awake.
full
:mjgrin: