Get Out (2017)

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Andre was kidnapped in the beginning by the brother, in the opening scene. Remember: when he got strangled, it was from someone in a white car wearing a helmet. Chris escaped in that same white car, and the helmet was in the passenger seat. And when Chris was tied up, blind dude on the TV said something like "you were lucky - her brother has much more aggressive methods." Now what got Andre in the neighborhood in the first place, not sure.
Andre was looking for a girl's house

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
:ohhh: brehs, I was just thinking about the fact that there were other black dudes who are still running around out there controlled by white dudes. There were like 10 pics Chris flipped through in the closet. Scary to think that there could be so many more black people avatars running around. Not saying they should make a sequal, but if they can explore the idea of the amount of controlled black people still out in society.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Eh, Spike deserved to get dissed for that movie. He was disrespecting the city; lots of people from there hated what he was doing. And the movie was trash anyway

It really was an awful movie. Couldn't even finish it.

@Ziggiy this too. I respected the movie for using Chicago talent but it just wasn't good. Maybe Chance was one of the people who wasn't feeling it.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Andre was kidnapped in the beginning by the brother, in the opening scene. Remember: when he got strangled, it was from someone in a white car wearing a helmet. Chris escaped in that same white car, and the helmet was in the passenger seat. And when Chris was tied up, blind dude on the TV said something like "you were lucky - her brother has much more aggressive methods." Now what got Andre in the neighborhood in the first place, not sure.
Andre was gay and so was Rose's brother.

Or it's too bad that wasn't the Subtext.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This movie is made so much better when you surrounded by black folks :banderas: The reaction in the theatre was hilarious especially at the end.

When Rose got shot :blessed:

When the black dude with the grandpa inside him killed himself :mjcry:

When Chris started strangling Rose :demonic:

When the blue lights started flashing :snoop: :to:

When Rod stepped out the car :gladbron: :obama: :myman:
Rose getting shot and Chris pulling the chair stuffing out of his ears after knocking out the brother got the loudest applause in the theater I was in.
And when the cop car door opened and it was Rob that got a lot of applause too.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
My girl had the same reaction. Right down to the "YOU KNOW THIS shyt IS REAL RIGHT?!?!" :russ:
I'll be honest, during most of the movie I was being Brenda.
tumblr_lflhh7SyHv1qfz8p5o1_500.gif

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
Andre was gay and so was Rose's brother.

Or it's too bad that wasn't the Subtext.
Facts. He was lured there by Rose's brother.

Blumhouse produced this film. It mainly is about Jewish executives in Hollywood dissing Nazis. That's the ONLY reason this script was greenlighted.

Jewish folks out here giving black people game like... Stay woke, Nazis are alive and kicking and they are right amongst you.

Last edited:

Tupac in a Business Suit

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
Classical conditioning - Wikipedia

The tapping of the glass in the first scene where the family was on the deck was an ode to Pavlov's Dog. That was the sound made to get at his insecurities.

Dog-whistle politics - Wikipedia

The inverse is what we refer to as"dog whistle politics" where Nazis speak a simple disguised language for others to "get on code".

This movie is crazy.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's actually and attack of Nazis and Trump sympathisers

You really saw it that way? To me it was a critique of white liberal obsession with black bodies/culture and how it was just as bad as the blatant racism from their conservative counterparts. The family and the town still had an admiration for black people but it was a sick and twisted form that objectified them and their physicality. And they were too self-righteous to realize that it was racist. They literally appropriated black bodies while the Nazi, Trump sympathizer still believes in the genetic superiority of whites and wouldn't feel the need to use our bodies or physical aspects

Tupac in a Business Suit

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
You really saw it that way? To me it was a critique of white liberal obsession with black bodies/culture and how it was just as bad as the blatant racism from their conservative counterparts. The family and the town still had an admiration for black people but it was a sick and twisted form that objectified them and their physicality. And they were too self-righteous to realize that it was racist. They literally appropriated black bodies while the Nazi, Trump sympathizer still believes in the genetic superiority of whites and wouldn't feel the need to use our bodies or physical aspects
Yeah. It's why the grandfather was hostile. They naturally hate blacks. Everyone had back and white and red at the silent auction. German Neo Nazi colors.

They allude to it when Chris is
Talking to Logan and his wife runs up and hands him a red scarf and he says ah yes this is what I'm missing. He had on white but no red to symbolize nazi Germany.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Facts. He was lured there by Rose's brother.

Blumhouse produced this film. It mainly is about Jewish executives in Hollywood dissing Nazis. That's the ONLY reason this script was greenlighted.

Jewish folks out here giving black people game like... Stay woke, Nazis are alive and kicking and they are right amongst you.
How the fukk y'all figure Andre was gay he was looking for a girl