Get Out (2017)

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Y'all ain't answeing me :damn:

is Chris still low-key hypnotized?
I
f he hears another spoon/cup, he might fall back under right?
He definitely still hypnotized. I don't know if anyone but the mother can trigger it though. The mother wasn't just stirring the spoon randomly, she was stirring at a particular pace.

I was a real skeptic when I first saw the trailer. I thought it was going to be corny and c00nish. It was just the opposite. The way this movie discuss race is genius. I'm definitely going to see it again.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if this movie was done in reverse would it be racist?
can we just ban these nov2016 pol cacs wholesale? goddamn.

they can only relate to racism by bringing up asinine hypotheticals. movie could never work in "reverse" cus black people aren't in a position to ever get away with such crimes. cacs would raid entire blocks if one of their own disappeared in a predominately black neighborhood, let alone dozens

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
The door is left open for a part 2. His girlfriend might have survived.
Peele did say in an interview that his next movie could very well be within the same universe as Get Out. Maybe not a direct sequel, but probably the same type of thing that Tarantino does with his films all being linked together.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Took my wife to see the movie wasnt disappointed at all people was cheering and ish good movie....................... Cant even find a Cam torrent yet tho smh
Which is kinda surprising. I dont usually download bootlegs though; anyone know how long it usually takes to hit the net?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
When you really think about, it's even more hilarious when Darius was like ," Chris was just telling me how he was pleased with me being in his company (or some shyt like that)".
that white man must of been like. Finally, I made it. I'm cool now :smugbiden:
:mjlol:

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The door is left open for a part 2. His girlfriend might have survived.
I pray to god there's is no sequel
It's a horror movie I know it's ways money to keep doing sequels but let it be as it was
I like he idea of Jordan doing more movies in this same universe maybe one from a black womans perspective or something

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I liked it.

Though this may be the first movie where I REALLY wish I was unsullied and didn't watch trailers at all.

It gave it away. Even if some of the lines from the trailer were removed the general gist remained. Though didn't spoil the main twist i guess

It really did feel like a long ass Windows commercial though :comeon:

The friend was great.

I was :dead: when Marnie was in her room drinking milk eating froot loops an googling(err binging :skip:) "top NCAA prospects"

HabitualLineSteppa

....Fuh Q.
Daps
Haven't seen this bit of dialogue discussed yet but during the tour of the house, Rose's dad mentions the basement being sealed off due to "black mold". This is one of those "coded language" type of phrases that runs rampant in society and is typically only understood by those who are "in on it". Chris didn't even care to ask about it. He just accepted it as fact and kept it pushing because it sounds like "nothing to go into detail about". One would really have to care about their surroundings and the conversation to even ask a question like, "So how bad is the mold". Chris' lack of comfort kept him from being chummy with her father (like how most guys are when they first meet a girl's family).

Black mold=Blacks are being molded in the basement.