Get Out (2017)

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
This is far ahead, but this movie definitely feels like it could get Oscar buzz if the movie company pushes it.
I feel like it has a good chance of getting a nom for best screenplay.

Not too sure on best picture just yet because we still so early in the year. Plus even though the academy can nominate 10 movies, it usually never does and settles for 9 or 8.

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
I don't know if anyone else caught onto this but in the party scene, Rose's, as well as other partygoers outfits had elements of Red, White and Black which also could give hidden symbolism for the Nazi color scheme.

Edit: it also explains the fathers obsession because he lost to Jesse Owens in the Nazi Germany Olympics....The Porsche Sports car...

Last edited:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is far ahead, but this movie definitely feels like it could get Oscar buzz if the movie company pushes it.
Horror movies traditionally don't get much love from the academy, Jordan did a great job for a 1st time director, but I doubt he gets any Oscar buzz. I could see the screenplay getting nominated though and the score.

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
I agree with folks saying it could get a screenplay nomination. The Academy would be bold if they actually nominated a movie that shows whites as psychopathic racists for best picture.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
The thing that got me the most irritated was when the guest were sizing Chris up like he was in an action block!! I was in the reclining seat and sat my shyt up like
HellNo.gif

They were even asking questions *lightbulb* to see what his intellect was... i need to repeat to myself at work that this is just a movie but it's so real too... this shyt is really happening( I hope not to this extent) but we are being programmed. We got to wake up.

My girl had the same reaction. Right down to the "YOU KNOW THIS shyt IS REAL RIGHT?!?!" :russ:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
You're missing the important part of the climax if you're even asking this question. The entire reason
the family even performs this process with black ppl is because of the certain traits commonly believed to be inherent in them: being "cool", being "well-built", being "good lovers". No one believes any other race posses these abilities simultaneously.

yea, and it was all about the grandfather missing out of the Olympics cause he got beat by a black guy (Jesse Owens)

WEKetchum

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Consider yourself lucky you have been fortunate enough to not do a lot of driving in the country.

I can tell you this from experience and witnessing it on 3-4 other occasions. They almost always jump once they see the car coming.

That was a goddamn buffalo or something at the 1:30 mark, holy shyt

WEKetchum

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Also interested (and no spoilers, dude is right, you should have seen it by now) -

Andre wasn't manipulated by her into being there at the house and he wasn't in any of the photos with her... so who took him? Unless they do this outside of the ritual. I figured the ritual was part of bringing people over, but maybe I'm wrong.

Andre was kidnapped in the beginning by the brother, in the opening scene. Remember: when he got strangled, it was from someone in a white car wearing a helmet. Chris escaped in that same white car, and the helmet was in the passenger seat. And when Chris was tied up, blind dude on the TV said something like "you were lucky - her brother has much more aggressive methods." Now what got Andre in the neighborhood in the first place, not sure.