Get Out (2017)

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Actually yeah I did
Half an hour in, they're just meeting the family and all that. So the dad says hey Id vote for Obama a third term if I could and youre sitting there saying "got it, obviously Rose is kidnapping dozens of black people so her dad can switch their brains out with old white folks, duh"

:mjlol: Foh

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
Do you guys think this film could work with any other ethnicity/gender combination besides black male? I know the switching minds into bodies idea has been used before but would it just be a generic thriller it was just a white guy or Asian guy right?
You're missing the important part of the climax if you're even asking this question. The entire reason
the family even performs this process with black ppl is because of the certain traits commonly believed to be inherent in them: being "cool", being "well-built", being "good lovers". No one believes any other race posses these abilities simultaneously.

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
at first all the little comments they make just seem like akward white people trying to relate to the one topic they can think of with a black guy... He's a former professional golfer so of course bring up Tiger, the white woman asking if it's true what they say....but then when the twist comes and you look back. The golfer dude was checking out your golf swing cause he bout to BE Tiger with the help of your body b! :leon:The old lady feeling you up and checking you out cause her husband bout to get swapped out and get her back blown out by your black ass :damn:. Asian breh like I'm already a minority is this an upgrade or downgrade :lupe:

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
at first all the little comments they make just seem like akward white people trying to relate to the one topic they can think of with a black guy... He's a former professional golfer so of course bring up Tiger, the white woman asking if it's true what they say....but then when the twist comes and you look back. The golfer dude was checking out your golf swing cause he bout to BE Tiger with the help of your body b! :leon:The old lady feeling you up and checking you out cause her husband bout to get swapped out and get her back blown out by your black ass :damn:. Asian breh like I'm already a minority is this an upgrade or downgrade :lupe:
goes deeper than that bruh
like when pops was giving Bhris the tour and was talking about
grandma, he said that they "keep a piece of her in the kitchen" as the camera brought Georgina into focus :wow:

Last edited:

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps

I'm weak, especially off that last sentence.

And reading this keeps making me think back to all this shyt in the movie. The grandfather running around like he's test driving a new car, this nikka was reliving his days probably beating Jesse Owens in his head; or pretending to be Jesse Owens in his head. That's some creepy ass shyt, dude running around on some Carlton Banks "I can feel the power" shyt. The grandmother brushing the black woman's hair, just enjoying her new skin and facial features. I keep replaying this shyt in my head thanks to all of you and it's making so much other shyt come up.