Get Out (2017)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
His Black Panther crew out there to show him love :wow:

We'll see more excellence in a year :blessed:

@Ziggiy when you watching the movie breh. Wonder what your review will be :jbhmm::ehh:

Trying to go see it ASAP bro. The web series and everything that goes with it has been taking up all of my time but I'm going to MAKE time to see this.

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
After listening to his podcast on Combat Jack, I think the cop car showing up at the end was a nod to Night of the Living Dead. Same situation, our black hero survives the bullshyt, then the supposed help comes and shoots him down
But in this case, it was his boy...

Just a theory
:manny:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Yeah grandma couldnt get over how young and pretty she was[/spolier]
i can understand why grandpa wanted to be in a Black person.....b/c of the track thing.

But I can't see why grandma wanted to be black? What was that advantagefor her?

Also, now I can also see why they were all wearing hats or in Georgina case, a wig.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
After listening to his podcast on Combat Jack, I think the cop car showing up at the end was a nod to Night of the Living Dead. Same situation, our black hero survives the bullshyt, then the supposed help comes and shoots him down
But in this case, it was his boy...

Just a theory
:manny:
Yep..subverting your expectations.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Posted this in the other thread. Feel it belongs here too.

Kaluuya is a star in this movie. He's smart, heroic, funny without being a clown, vulnerable without being weak, portrays fear without being scary, etc.

Ironically Peele mentioned a while ago that he had Boyega in mind for this role. Obviously couldn't get him.

However, this British black actor more than did a good job. Can't wait to see him in the Black Panther movie.

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
:wow:

This shyt like the modern Django

Seen this in audience full of black folks that just got they income tax

Black audience
Black excellence

:blessed:

Count me as one of said black tax refund ballers :mjgrin:

Went to see it with two white and one asian friend, the part with the Japanese dude had him :dead:

They made me go out to a theater in an area full of the sort of white folk this film is meant to deconstruct :merchant:

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really want to watch this but it isn't online, not on Kodi anyway. I'll wait I guess.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
i can understand why grandpa wanted to be in a Black person.....b/c of the track thing.

But I can't see why grandma wanted to be black? What was that advantagefor her?

Also, now I can also see why they were all wearing hats or in Georgina case, a wig.

You noticed she was constantly checking the mirror and fixing her hair and appearance. I think she was vain. The black woman's body was younger, and probably aged better. Vanity probably trumps old age every day.