Get Out (2017)

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
On a 4.5 mill budget.
Tyler Perry...who I don't knock for making the films he likes :whoa: should really branch out and find other smart writers/directors.

Guys like Peele shouldn't have to run to Blumhouse. A well told story thats DIFFERENT featuring black people in front and behind the camera can make bank.

Not saying he gotta do it all the time. Cause it shouldn't be all on him :yeshrug: But maybe find other talented writers/directors and help produce their stories.
Tyler's too setup in his minstrel monarchy to look down on the independent scene imo but I agree that he should create a production company for black cinema which doesn't align with his "wholesome Christian entertainment" narrative

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
was basically able to predict everything that happened before it happened except for his homie showing up in the cop car. i had a feeling the girlfriend was in on it within the first maybe ten-twenty minutes based on what the trailer showed. Because as soon as Chris talked to the groundskeeper and he was complimenting her I told the shorty I was with, "that musta been an ex boyfriend of the dude". Then fast forward to when Chris opened the box I knew he was gonna find pictures of other black boyfriends. When i saw the lesbian though :whew:.

i was even able to identify that the groundskeeper and maid were prolly the grandparents after I saw the video once chris was captured.
still a decent movie though because I liked the message/symbolism

Last edited:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
On a 4.5 mill budget.
Tyler Perry...who I don't knock for making the films he likes :whoa: should really branch out and find other smart writers/directors.

Guys like Peele shouldn't have to run to Blumhouse. A well told story thats DIFFERENT featuring black people in front and behind the camera can make bank.

Not saying he gotta do it all the time. Cause it shouldn't be all on him :yeshrug: But maybe find other talented writers/directors and help produce their stories.

I agree. I hope the success of this movie and the way it was told becomes a signpost that we don't have to make the same ratchet drama/comedy films people have come to expect. But people have come at Perry before about that, and he seems tone deaf in that regard. It may be a matter of staying in his lane with what works, but he could at least use his clout and connections to support different types of stories and talent coming up.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It's white men. They demand their women to have no bodies. My baby Jessica Stroup was a certified dime on 90210, now she looks like she weighs 100lbs.
Silver was basically always the worst in the cast.

Naomi and Adrianna were dimes

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
nah I didn't, because I caught the symbolism. Peep game and I respect Peele for the layers he put on this shyt.

Shorty was fine coming at the cop because that's what white people do, they will come to your aid and show false care when it's blatant racism ie. The KKK or Police.

But when it came to the REAL RACISM, the implied racism, the linestepping, sly remarks didn't effect her because she was part of it.

When I saw that I knew she was gonna flip.

To be fair I didn't think the grandmother and father had surrogates. I thought they were brain washing the ******s and selling them as slaves.

But I figured it out quick because I caught on to the message.

Still don't understand how this dude is married to a white woman.

Peele's mother is White, even tho he himself looks fully black and has likely experienced life as a Black person. But given his mom, it's not surprising his wife is white.

On a 4.5 mill budget.

I used to say this on here a few years ago and dudes would get mad at me saying, I'm "i shouldnt be telling tyler perry how to spend his money" But reality is, he needs to take a chance on some other Black writers/directors and make a different genre of film rather than just his typical safe stuff. This movie is 100% proof.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
On a 4.5 mill budget.

I definitely agree but what's crazy is I think Jason Blum actually approached Peele about the script.

His motto is all about finding these hidden gem scripts that the major studios in Hollywood pass over. Get a low budget but make sure the quality is great with good cinematography and actors and then profit.

People might forget but Blumhouse was the studio behind the first Paranormal Activity and that ended up being one of the most profitable movies of all time.

Even though Paranormal Activity wasn't great, it was a starting point and helped build the studio up.

Now they putting out back to back hits like Split and Get Out.

But yeah, it would be nice if someone like Tyler Perry or anyone started a black owned production studio that focused on making high quality movies but still on a controlled budget.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well...

She told him he was the first Black guy she'd ever been with.

And her mother being a hyponotist wasn't a huge deal b/c she probably viewed it as her parents just being overly pushy....in a kind of cute/embarrassing, "oh here they go again" way. And plus after the father mentioned he had been cured of smoking by the wife it wasn't a big deal.

Remember he had a theory with Georgina....he didnt explain it, but my take was he felt like she didn't like him maybe because he was "free".

And as far as him being on display, she still has the excuse that he's the "first black guy she's been with" so she didn't know how her parents and ppl at the party would react to him.

What I wanna know is, is Chris still slightly hypnotized somehow? Like if he ever hears another spoon in a teapcup will he revert? Is he still not smoking ever again?
The mother hypnotized him without his permission that's a huge deal ! and what I was saying is that the daughter could of appeared hypnotized due to her forgetting the date of the party etc and he thought Georgina didn't like him due to him being with a white woman . And no they hadblack staff anf it's 2017 you don't act like that

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Silver was basically always the worst in the cast.

Naomi and Adrianna were dimes

:scust: No. Silver and Ivy >>>>>>

Silver was bad as shyt in season 1 and 2

04048d8fe7a678857aba95557c4aeaa5.jpg

018c3176f74dd34619fbee698ca33a24.jpg

Then she started starving herself like a typical white girl and she look like a skeleton now.

Silver kinda look a little bit like Allison Williams and they both look like Maggie off the Walking Dead too...I definitely got a white girl type :russ:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:scust: No. Silver and Ivy >>>>>>

Silver was bad as shyt in season 1 and 2

04048d8fe7a678857aba95557c4aeaa5.jpg

018c3176f74dd34619fbee698ca33a24.jpg

Then she started starving herself like a typical white girl and she look like a skeleton now.

Silver kinda look a little bit like Allison Williams and they both look like Maggie off the Walking Dead too...I definitely got a white girl type :russ:
ivy was good when she first entered the show but then meh. forgot all about that character