NULL
won best screenplay and best horror/sci fi at the Critics Choice awards
GettyImages-904027256.jpg

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
At the very worst he should win Best Original Screenplay at the Oscars for this.

DUOtkg6X4AYIRXJ.jpg

get-out-peelenothappy-fb.jpg

I said this after seeing the film last year. He Better Win as it was the best screenplay of the year. The storytelling and concept was flawless. I'm not holding my breathe for Director because no Black Filmmaker has ever won that's how bias and racist these awards have been. Oh yeah. There's never been a Black Writer who has won for Best Original Screenplay either, SMH. They robbed Spike of that Oscar from "Do The Right Thing". Also where are all those people that were coppin pleas for the Globes? Saying "They had to make it a comedy because that was the best chance" but they won ZERO like I said. Oscars trying to clean it up by having it in the Dramatic Categories where it belonged. To me, Jordan already won. He took a micro-budget horror and it was one of the biggest movies of the year and generated some of the most profits as well. He just needs to choose his projects carefully and don't fall for the "Hey do this blockbuster" trap. I'm not saying he can't do big movies but his small movie formula can really work and his box office will recoup more money than doing a Blockbuster. I think Director is going to Nolan or Del Toro. But Best Picture, Director, Screenplay and Actor are solid nominations.

Last edited:

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
with the influx of diverse voters, Denzel is now a mortal lock for a nomination if he puts something out in the OCT/NOV time range.
That Roman J. Israel came and went with no fanfare.:ld:
He's our Meryl Streep. She gets nominated just because.:manny:
IN for him having as much gold as Day Lewis

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
DUOtkg6X4AYIRXJ.jpg

get-out-peelenothappy-fb.jpg

I said this after seeing the film last year. He Better Win as it was the best screenplay of the year. The storytelling and concept was flawless. I'm not holding my breathe for Director because no Black Filmmaker has ever won that's how bias and racist these awards have been. Oh yeah. There's never been a Black Writer who has won for Best Original Screenplay either, SMH. They robbed Spike of that Oscar from "Do The Right Thing". Also where are all those people that were coppin pleas for the Globes? Saying "They had to make it a comedy because that was the best chance" but they won ZERO like I said. Oscars trying to clean it up by having it in the Dramatic Categories where it belonged. To me, Jordan already won. He took a micro-budget horror and it was one of the biggest movies of the year and generated some of the most profits as well. He just needs to choose his projects carefully and don't fall for the "Hey do this blockbuster" trap. I'm not saying he can't do big movies but his small movie formula can really work and his box office will recoup more money than doing a Blockbuster. I think Director is going to Nolan or Del Toro. But Best Picture, Director, Screenplay and Actor are solid nominations.

Every single thing you are saying is right.

I have a bad feeling that this year’s Oscars is going to be like the 2014 Grammys with Kendrick Lamar. Where he obviously SHOULD win some of the top prizes but
He won’t, and then the Academy voters will try to “make up” for it with his follow up films.

Get Out is absolutely the BEST written and directed movie of the year. I don’t give two fukks about Del Toro and his Fish Out Of Water Fantasy bullshyt or Nolan and yet another ode to WWII white heroes. Peele did something truly special with Get Out, took the inherent fear, trauma, and rage of black oppression by entitled white supremacy and made it an intelligent, funny, scary, tragic, and ultimately triumphant BLOCKBUSTER of a film.

THATS the kind of innovation that deserves awards

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Every single thing you are saying is right.

I have a bad feeling that this year’s Oscars is going to be like the 2014 Grammys with Kendrick Lamar. Where he obviously SHOULD win some of the top prizes but
He won’t, and then the Academy voters will try to “make up” for it with his follow up films.

Get Out is absolutely the BEST written and directed movie of the year. I don’t give two fukks about Del Toro and his Fish Out Of Water Fantasy bullshyt or Nolan and yet another ode to WWII white heroes. Peele did something truly special with Get Out, took the inherent fear, trauma, and rage of black oppression by entitled white supremacy and made it an intelligent, funny, scary, tragic, and ultimately triumphant BLOCKBUSTER of a film.

THATS the kind of innovation that deserves awards

They trying to set Nolan or Del Toro up with some "I'm Sorry Oscars" and make Jordan wait since they've been in the game way longer. "Dunkirk" was OK, like you said felt like another typical War film that we've seen a million times. Nolan is the man but that film just didn't do it for me. He needs to get back to original Sci Fi again because he knocked it out the park with "Inception" and "Interstellar". Del Toro and his "Splash/Little Merman" movie seems to be the Oscar Darling. That's why I said don't hold your breathe for Jordan to pull out Director, Picture or David to get Actor with Denzel and Daniel Day Lewis in that category. To me Screenplay is a Lock, there's no excuse for him not to win.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
They trying to set Nolan or Del Toro up with some "I'm Sorry Oscars" and make Jordan wait since they've been in the game way longer. "Dunkirk" was OK, like you said felt like another typical War film that we've seen a million times. Nolan is the man but that film just didn't do it for me. He needs to get back to original Sci Fi again because he knocked it out the park with "Inception" and "Interstellar". Del Toro and his "Splash/Little Merman" movie seems to be the Oscar Darling. That's why I said don't hold your breathe for Jordan to pull out Director, Picture or David to get Actor with Denzel and Daniel Day Lewis in that category. To me Screenplay is a Lock, there's no excuse for him not to win.

They’ve already annointed Gary Oldman as the Best Actor. Denzel’s movie flew under the radar and Critics pretty much panned it. Daniel Kaluuya, again, has a “better luck next time” vibe to it.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
They’ve already annointed Gary Oldman as the Best Actor. Denzel’s movie flew under the radar and Critics pretty much panned it. Daniel Kaluuya, again, has a “better luck next time” vibe to it.

:ohhh:

Oh snap, Gary is nominated? Why did I overlook his name? Yo this might be his "I'm Sorry" Oscar. He's put in major work over the last 3 Decades. Denzel and Daniel have won a lot so this is basically a "Ya'll Legends, here's a nod". Because Denzel was good in Roman but the film wasn't "Fences" Status. Daniel is young, this is basically a "Hey, be grateful you were nominated but your not beating Daniel, Denzel or Gary". I would love for "Get Out" to win all 4 Awards but again Oscar Politics has always been real.